Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2021/22

17 hours ago, Vacamion said:

How is that offside?

1st ball struck a Liverpool play

2nd ball played backwards from the line.

Am I losing marbles?

I also missed it last night haha, just rewatched the highlights and turned out it was clearly offside before the cross even went in

image.thumb.png.ac5c7421df20964f2dda850d37aa8ed0.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

I also missed it last night haha, just rewatched the highlights and turned out it was clearly offside before the cross even went in

image.thumb.png.ac5c7421df20964f2dda850d37aa8ed0.png

Thanks for clearing that up.

I *am* losing my marbles lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2021 at 03:03, KFS said:

With this and their antics this week, this lot are fast becoming close to Slavia levels of scum to me. Wtf.

Without knowing the details it's not necessarily a problem. 

If it's a meritocracy it'll already be better than the super league idea. 

I think there's enough discontent from clubs around Europe that an overhaul of the Champions League is going to happen eventually. They're obviously not happy with the % cut they currently get and I assume they're dissatisfied with how UEFA run the competition. 

The Premier League is such a power house financially that most of Europe can't compete and they're clearly going to want to do something about that. It's only a matter of time before the British clubs are outvoted and this stuff happens. We just need to hope it's as open, as "democratic" and as based on merit as they claim. 

I can see it eventually resembling what happened with rugby where ultimately what we ended up was the same competition but owned a little differently with the English and French clubs having a more powerful stake. 

4 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

In all my time watching  this great game, I don’t ever recall a player that dives as much as Grealish. He literally can’t help himself. It’s totally embarrassing. How does he not get booked ? 

Such an unbelievable waste of money. 

Genuinely think they've thrown away their last chance to have Pep win the thing to be honest. 

He literally shouldn't be starting, they have better players all across the centre of midfield and the wings. 

They were desperate for a really significant striker and they dropped 100m on him. Worst bit of recruitment they've done since Txiki went there. 

When you think they could have had almost any striker in the world with the money they have. I know he's older but Kane would have been such an infinitely better signing if they needed to have a talismanic English signing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

In all my time watching  this great game, I don’t ever recall a player that dives as much as Grealish. He literally can’t help himself. It’s totally embarrassing. How does he not get booked ? 

Or as Micheal Brown sees it “good play “

From BBC:

e3df2461-4d6f-4494-abdd-e3f3c3dc812b.jpg

Michael Brown

Former Man City midfielder on BBC Radio 5 Live

Jack Grealish is getting in one-on-one areas - I think he's got to push Achraf Hakimi back into the box and draw the challenge in, that's where Grealish is good.

• Haha 1