Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Would help if the Leics Police weren’t so naive. They appear to have zero interest in learning how to control away support with huge ultras. Club don’t help with having pathetic sheeting dividing fans. Police don’t look resourced or even in the right equipment. 

I could be wrong.

But the hard blue-line of the 60s-80s, seems to be extinguished...We seem to have a more Softly Softly approach...with Physical weaker rescources being

Put on the front-line....

 

 

 

Posted

Wasn't any better than recent performances.....Helped by the standard of opposition.

I think a PL keeper saves does better for all of the goals, maybe not for Daka's as he took it so early.

 

The defensive structure of the side is still far too worrying.

 

I'll say it again, I don't think the defence is the major issue. It's how poor we are from the front.

Barnes/Lookman are pretty much bystanders and when their press is bypassed they refuse to track back.

You've then got Soumare unsure whether he should follow the wing back or not, as Lookman has just let him go.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Would help if the Leics Police weren’t so naive. They appear to have zero interest in learning how to control away support with huge ultras. Club don’t help with having pathetic sheeting dividing fans. Police don’t look resourced or even in the right equipment. 

Our old bill in this country are shit when it comes to things like this. 

 

1. No riot gear on from the start AGAIN

 

2. Did they not learn anything from the Napoli game or England v Hungary? 

 

European old bill on the other hand riot gear from the off. Generally speaking like to kick the shit out of opposition fans(mainly english)* you just have to look at us in Spain(both trips) and Man U at Villareal Tuesday who got a battering for scoring a goal. 

 

*not that it's okay to do that....

  • Like 3
Posted
21 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The question you have to ask is where did they get the Flares.? You cannot bring them on Flights.

How did they get them into the Ground. ?

It's almost as if they do this every week on the continent. This isn't their first rodeo...

  • Like 4
Posted

First half was good, second half not so much… but I’m not sure if the shenanigans in the away end kind of killed the atmosphere and the occasion.

 

What I will say is though, for the first time this season I genuinely sat there wondering what Soumare brings to the team? He’s so passive it hurts. 
 

I know people have been criticised for suggesting it, but allowing Praet to leave for Soumare is a stupid bit of business. Really not sold on the guy at all. 

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Yes from a penalty rebound, under no danger at any other points in the game

Actually I think penalty rebounds count the same as any other goal would. 

 

And I'm also glad that you had more confidence than I did when the defence dithered and their player fired it across goal. The ball really could have gone anywhere, but fortunately landed where soyuncu could boot it clear. 

Posted
50 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How many Warsaw fans do you reckon were in the home end? 

There was some big lump of a guy who came and sat next to me, said 'I'm a Warsaw fan', booed the taking of the knee then fvcked off up to the top of the stand. 

 

Must have been loads dotted around. 

Had a couple of Polish lads ask me where their seats were. There were Poles in several seats, they knew each other too. Same when we played Napoli, obvious middle-aged Italians (they have a certain style). No trouble though. 

Posted

Amartey should be the first name on the team sheet every week and I never want to wake up from this mad dream he’s got me living in.

  • Haha 2
Posted
4 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Had a couple of Polish lads ask me where their seats were. There were Poles in several seats, they knew each other too. Same when we played Napoli, obvious middle-aged Italians (they have a certain style). No trouble though. 

Was in A1 and I would say it was 25% Polish fans. Most were good natured, some were stoned knobs. The ones who stood up to join the chants promptly had things thrown at them

  • Haha 2
Posted (edited)

Not usually one to do this but I’ve had the misfortune of suffering through 270 minutes of sitting in front of the most insufferable group of mates and if I ever have the misfortune of sitting in front of whoever is in SK3 BB 112,113 ish I’ll probably shoot myself in the head lol 

 

Theres liking the sound of your own voice and then there’s whatever the **** you three are on lol 

 

Highlights have included suggesting we sign Eden Hazard this evening and spending 90 minutes the other week thinking they’d spotted Harvey Barnes on the bench when he wasn’t in the squad and finding that the biggest piece of banter they’d ever heard lol

 

I mean these three matches have hardly been great but you’ve made it significantly worse lads! 

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 2
Posted
Just now, blueharmie said:

I was at the match today and some big polish fella was shouting "Chilwell is kuntus" but he was 20 seats away so I didn't say anything. 

 

I spent the majority of his final season here saying that to be fair 

  • Haha 1
Posted

Pretty happy with that performance. Good energy, good pressing, better intensity and got the goals to be comfortable by half time!

 

As for the performance by the old bill, what an absolute joke they are!!! 
 

1. why aren’t the riot gear gimps lined up from the start of the game as opposed to rushing around when it starts to kick off?

 

2. why were they so isolated? They were getting bowled down the stairs and over the segregation bit like skittles, embarrassing!

 

3. And in conclusion, the videos I’ve seen ultimately show evidence of a PC (no pun intended) riot police, I.e, a 5ft nothing female copper just standing there cos quite rightly, she probably knows she’ll get battered by the Polish blokes. The rest of them are getting slapped around like rag dolls. Like many have already said, compare that to the policing overseas, no prisoners! Another embarrassing night at the office for the Constab!

Posted
24 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

The issue is, society has got weaker and more easily offended / upset.

 

If the police had started off in full riot gear, you would have people criticising them for being too oppressive.  

 

In my opinion, the officers should have been in full riot gear from the start, with atleast 2 rows of officers between fans.

 

All of the tactics are decided by high ranking officers though who are far too concerned about being corporate, and avoiding critism, than actually protecting their staff.

 

The officers on the ground did well to keep the peace the best they could but they should never have been put in that situation by their seniors.

 

Leicestershire police actually sent officers to the Warsaw game to see how they police football in preparation for this game. You would have thought the helicopters, horses, armed police, water cannons and military style swarm of officers might have been a clue that trouble is a possibility....

 

Quite what the police did on their trip to Warsaw I don't know.. 

This new Big Society aint half confusing me...!!

Posted (edited)

Was at the game and so many positives. 
 

While we were better going forward first half, we were much more solid second half. Legia Warsaw only had one great chance in the game and that was from the penalty. It was a really professional performance. 
 

I think 4 at the back worked much better - there is no passing the buck with 3 CBs, Castagne is on his preferred side and Thomas looks more comfortable at left back. Soyuncu looked to take on more responsibility, telling Amartey where to pass the ball. 
 

Soumare and Ndidi worked well as a pair, with the former tiring as the game went on. KDH looked bright when he came on, despite a few misplaced passes. 

My concerns were how Lookman defended and how exposed Thomas was in the first half. Lookman had a few bright attacking moments but he gave a few fouls away and positionally he left a hole in the right-central part of the team that Soumare couldn’t cover.
 

I’m not Perez’s biggest fan but he showed, albeit in a central position, how to press and keep the ball in tight positions. I would prefer him to start instead of Lookman as I think we’ll be more solid. Thomas defended better second half (having attacked well in the first) and Soyuncu covered him well too. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 4
Posted
14 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

I was at the match today and some big polish fella was shouting "Chilwell is kuntus" but he was 20 seats away so I didn't say anything. 

 

Yeah that's a Leicester fan

  • Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...