Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Jeremie Boga

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

If its permanent, its awful. Its a loan, surely there's got to be young players who are naturally RWs playing at some or Europe's top clubs that need some first team experience? I'd rather we swallow our pride and develop someone else's youngsters than spend cash buying someone we barely want because it's late in the window and options have run out. 

I mean we could have just had Hudson Odoi, I'm sure Chelsea would have liked him to go to the Prem if possible. 

I agree.

I'd rather develop our own youngster if possible. 

But nothing to say we aren't looking at other options and this is just one.

Hudson was never coming here if we had to pay his wages!

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I am losing the will. People are paid good money to scout and find players. This bloke is NOT good enough on any metric - possibly pace, but only just. 

rather take a punt on Bowler and see where we end up. 

The issue isn't currently finding good players, clearly any fool could find someone better than this, it's finding people who are available and within whatever budget we have.

This lad, for all we know is the last resort. Because we've got Congerton now installed at Atalanta and he could agree to something and get it done very very quickly for his pal Rodgers, in a deal that might help us at least got a body in. 

I'd like to think, that's the situation with this one. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

😂😂😂😂😂 his record mirrors that of Ayoze Perez or Rachid Ghezzal. Come on that French bloke we'd never heard of was the number 1 in tackles and interceptions across all 5 top European leagues. He came from nowhere but it wasn't a surprise when you looked at the data.

I know.

I'm not saying I'm chuffed, but I willing to give him the chance to lace up his boots before I slag him off. 

38 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

0 goals, 0 assists in the 15 games he played last season according to Google. 

Yep, sounds like the sort of player we need. 
Well done, Big Susan. 

‘Big Susan’….😩 ..what has Susan Whelan got to do with this? If in doubt…blame a woman? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The issue isn't currently finding good players, clearly any fool could find someone better than this, it's finding people who are available and within whatever budget we have.

This lad, for all we know is the last resort. Because we've got Congerton now installed at Atalanta and he could agree to something and get it done very very quickly for his pal Rodgers, in a deal that might help us at least got a body in. 

We seem to be absolutely horrendous every transfer window at finding players available and yet there's always a plethora of realistic players thst move on deadline day or around then that are infinitely more suitable than the muck we end up with.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If it’s just a loan then maybe. We really don’t need just bodies now. There are enough zombies in the squad already, why add more?

I thought the whole ‘strategy’ was to remove the dross, not add an extra layer of dross. 

Edited by ARM1968

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I know.

I'm not saying I'm chuffed, but I willing to give him the chance to lace up his boots before I slag him off. 

If we keep settling for these workaday talents , we will be looking up at Barnsley.

• Like 1

you literally cant make this up- we are in tatters- Fofana gone- Tielemans will be gone and our 2 biggest transfer threads are bloody Faes & Boga- not in the top 100 people we should be signing based on nearly everything you could look at stat wise- ones a waking red card that cant head a ball(we already have cags) and the other is a LEFT winger- a left blooming winger with zero goals or assists last season- that my fellow foxes is absolutely laughable if it didnt want to make you cry- how on earth is anyone in our recruitment team getting payed- still no right winger 4 years later and these absolute abominations as potential transfers- id seriously rather we signed nobody than these 2 - complete waste of money- shambles of the most epic proportions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kegworthfox said:

Don’t know you lot bother following the city when most people we sign you have already wrote them off

He will be given a chance if he comes here, clean slate and all that.

Are we not allowed to have an opinion on him before he signs? 26yo and half a good season in his career. If it walks like a duck and quacks then don't complain that we've messed up buying a duck when you thought we were buying something else.

Some signings look bad and prove to be bad, I'd be surprised if this isn't one. Not all 26yo turn into Jamie Vardy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

If it’s just a loan then maybe. We really don’t need just bodies now. There are enough zombies in the squad already, why add more?

I thought the whole ‘strategy’ was to remove the dross, not add an extra layer of dross. 

Rodgers saw fit to change our whole system because one winger was injured. I'd suggest that says he thinks there is a need for a body. 

Just now, Gerard said:

He will be given a chance if he comes here, clean slate and all that.

Are we not allowed to have an opinion on him before he signs? 26yo and half a good season in his career. If it walks like a duck and quacks then don't complain that we've messed up buying a duck when you thought we were buying something else.

Some signings look bad and prove to be bad, I'd be surprised if this isn't one. Not all 26yo turn into Jamie Vardy.

Yeah. Im pretty optimistic about that Belgium defender we are going to sign but these stats are dreadful. Full support if he signs. I truly wonder what the club sees in him. Pace? Good feet?

Just now, Babylon said:

Rodgers saw fit to change our whole system because one winger was injured. I'd suggest that says he thinks there is a need for a body. 

And yet its a left winger who's atrocious on the right and about as prolific as Rik Waller with women on the left.

• Haha 1

If this is genuinely the calibre of winger we're looking at these days then I sorely hope when Rodgers is out the door we replace him with someone who plays 3-5-2 or some other wingerless system. Makes absolutely no sense having Daka and Iheanacho sat on the bench every week while we waste our time on the likes of Ghezzal, Perez, Under and Jeremie Bugger. Give it up as a bad job and get a left wing back in instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Definitely do think there's something in that. 

A lot of assumptions that Lookman and now Boga are us hilariously not able to tell left from right. 

But as I said earlier, it's definitely possible that Rodgers thinks Madders and Perez are OK right side options and what he really wants is an option on the left to cover Barnes because without him he's stuck playing a 352 he doesn't want. 

Nail on head, imo 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

A lot of assumptions that Lookman and now Boga are us hilariously not able to tell left from right. 

But as I said earlier, it's definitely possible that Rodgers thinks Madders and Perez are OK right side options and what he really wants is an option on the left to cover Barnes because without him he's stuck playing a 352 he doesn't want. 

Exactly right,  this has to be it.  Still we should have signed Lookman.  What a waste.

• Like 1

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

Exactly right,  this has to be it.  Still we should have signed Lookman.  What a waste.

We couldn't. 

We only have the money now because Fofana has gone. We weren't able to buy Lookman before Atalanta did. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That’s my assumption at the moment. That he’s cover for Barnes and we either get another RW, or just play one of the other options we have out there.

Obviously that assumption will likely get blown out of the water and Rodgers will start him right back or something. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Makes sense, if that the case, do you think we will sign a RW?