Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Jeremie Boga

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just thought I would take a look!!!

Looks like he can beat a man, has composure around the goal area, seems to run into dead ends, a very mixed bag.

Watched the first part of that and every goal is class but you can totally see the signs of a guy with mixed decision making

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just thought I would take a look!!!

Looks like he can beat a man, has composure around the goal area, seems to run into dead ends, a very mixed bag.

That’s the nature of wingers though, there aren’t many who produce every time they get the ball, they frustrate and delight in equal measure.

Knowing us, Rudkin and the gang were searching vociferously for that elusive right winger. They were wracking their brains for hours. They had the vision of the player in their minds. Tricky, pacy, good end product, skilful, young, lots of potential, plays internationally. 

Recruitment team: I've got it! I know who you want! He's realistic, and we could definitely test the waters, he'd help fill the balance of the squad, and would give us some more potency in attack. It's Jeremy Doku! Currently at Rennes, only 20, and may entertain a move to the Premier League. He'd be perfect! 

*Rodgers enters the room*

BR: Morning lads. You've messed up recruitment and it's time to put a stop to this. I don't care what you think, but this is who we should go for. Jeremie Boga. Lee says he's great and if he says he's great, who am I to go against him? I know what Lee is like and I trust him. I know we let Lookman go to Atalanta, but Lee knows our situation and has offered us a winger!! His name is Jeremie Boga. Can you guys do a deal? 

RT: Brendan, that's great, but we've lined up another player that fits the role profile and someone we could make good money for in a few years, but also gives us what we need right now. Jeremy Doku from Rennes. We are ready to do a deal with them. Are you in? 

BR: Look, you can't just name another Jeremy. It's Boga and I won't have anything said against it. Lee can do me a good deal. I'd rather listen to him and you guys! He's more expensive and we can allocate Kasper's wages to him. Done deal! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are where we are guys. Realistically the club have been relatively transparent with the financial situation. We can’t afford to sign anyone unless we sell another player which doesn’t look likely. If we get this guy in on loan then it’s nothing ventured, nothing gained. He’ll probably be underwhelming as those stats don’t lie. But our squad is more than capable of being higher up the table than bloody 20th. They all just need to step up and deliver. Next summer will be the rebuild. That’s partially why we’re saving money I think. Tons of players out of contract so need a kitty to go and replace them. 

39 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why have we just stopped signing players on the up in their career and have instead fallen back to signing players that have had a decent season at some point before falling back to their usual selves.

I appreciate that the new scout hasn't been able to get a work permit and that he's struggled to get into the country but ffs surely he has skype or zoom? 

What the **** is going on at this club. Something is rotten.

Didn't Brendan instruct the scouting team to look for players who once looked like world beaters but had fallen away?  His logic was that there's a great player in there that an elite coach could tease out and they would be available on the cheap.

Good plan if it works but an expensive mistake if it doesn't.

OMG. The end is near. 

Sign fecking Bowler for £4 million. At least he’s good at a level below us. Low risk. This guy will be brought in to make Perez look godlike. Mediocre isn’t the word here. The wing equivalent to Vesty. 

• Like 1

Just now, Safestandingfox said:

This absolutely stinks to me, why are we trying to sign a player who's only just been made permanent by Atalanta, who have also signed lookman and put him higher in the pecking order than this clown. He's also not a right winger which is surely very obviously what we're after?? 

Wonder if a certain director of football gets a cut of transfer profits. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

We need two wingers now, so if he’s backup for the left spot then fine. So long as we get one for the right to start

Babs, how many times have we sat here since Mahrez’s departure and said “as long as this is a back up I’m fine” and ended up horribly disappointed and violated. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Babs, how many times have we sat here since Mahrez’s departure and said “as long as this is a back up I’m fine” and ended up horribly disappointed and violated. 

It’s the hope that kills you lol

52 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Congerton definitely has something on Brendan

Thats a rabbit hole you probably don’t want to go down 

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I don't mind this if we sign a right winger as well but I genuinely can't see it.

Do we just not want to play with a right winger?

Maybe we’ve just given up - retired the position 

going to go right back overlapping on the right and play safe on the left 

a bit predictable though …