Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

Just now, themightyfin said:

But it's still his job and you live to your means. Just because you love your job don't mean you would take another that you may like more for 50% less. Least I don't know anyone that would. 

well there’s other players that have done this in the past. A lot comes down to his personal situation… if he’s brought a giant house based on that income then of course he won’t move. But if he’s just saving it all up, it will come down to what’s more important to him.

I’m not mad at him for not leaving, it’s our fault he’s on that money not his. But i still romantasize the game and think that playing always comes first in a players mind. 

With the logic you’re using, a player playing every game for us would be better off going to chelsea to treble his wages even if he knew he wasn’t going to play and was just going to be an english number to sit on the bench, like barkley or drinkwater. I think we’d all look down on that move and think surely you’d be better off staying and actually playing here. 

was vardy foolish to not move to arsenal? he’d have been on far more money but he would have ended his career by now. 

the buzz of actually playing football always has to be better than any money imo. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

well there’s other players that have done this in the past. A lot comes down to his personal situation… if he’s brought a giant house based on that income then of course he won’t move. But if he’s just saving it all up, it will come down to what’s more important to him.

I’m not mad at him for not leaving, it’s our fault he’s on that money not his. But i still romantasize the game and think that playing always comes first in a players mind. 

With the logic you’re using, a player playing every game for us would be better off going to chelsea to treble his wages even if he knew he wasn’t going to play and was just going to be an english number to sit on the bench, like barkley or drinkwater. I think we’d all look down on that move and think surely you’d be better off staying and actually playing here. 

was vardy foolish to not move to arsenal? he’d have been on far more money but he would have ended his career by now. 

the buzz of actually playing football always has to be better than any money imo. 

Would Arsenal have paid Vardy more than we did? I highly doubt it. 

With Riccy coming back & the new signings he's not going to find himself in this halves 25 man squad & will probably fall further behind after any potential summer transfers, so you can sit on your 70k a week for the next 18mths having to come in every single day & work with the kids or as a practice CB to make up the training numbers or you take a small hit on wages which will probably be boosted with a signing on fee / golden handshake anyway, start playing the game you love & basically just get on with ya life.

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Would Arsenal have paid Vardy more than we did? I highly doubt it. 

i’d imagine so. aubamayang eventually went in as their number 9 on 300k, they wouldn’t have flinched at 200k on vardy at the time 

28 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Why would he do that? He's got 18 months left here on a wedge. 

Why would he take say a 50% pay cut for the next 18 months? 

Would you happily take a 50% pay cut from work? Get real. Nobody would. 

Just to be contrary, i effectively just took an 80% pay cut last year. after thirty odd years doing the same job, the last 25 as a stand alone contractor, i got fed up of constantly living away from home, often working 60 hour weeks, nights etc, so i gave it up to do something that i had always wanted to do, but was never going to pay a living wage. It will keep me going for a few years until i draw my pension.

On the money he must have earned during his career he can surely afford to take a pay cut in order to actually play, but perhaps he is one of those players who sees football purely as a job, with a short career, and simply wants to get as much as he can and is not actually bothered about playing the game.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Why would he do that? He's got 18 months left here on a wedge. 

Why would he take say a 50% pay cut for the next 18 months? 

Would you happily take a 50% pay cut from work? Get real. Nobody would. 

That would'nt happen. We would have ended up paying the difference in the contracts. The players and agents never lose out.

He must have not fancied the relegation fight or the extra years offered after his city contract runs out were too low. Maybe they offered him a 4 year contract on £30k and he thinks he will earn more sitting out his contract here then being available on a free for £60k+.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

arsenal have always been good payers

way more than we do and vardy would have been on a wedge more than here 

As i understood it, they offered him 120k per week on a 3 year deal. we offered him 100k on a 4 year to stay (since improved a couple of times), so less in the short term, but worth more over the length of contract

6 minutes ago, urban fox said:

As i understood it, they offered him 120k per week on a 3 year deal. we offered him 100k on a 4 year to stay (since improved a couple of times), so less in the short term, but worth more over the length of contract

This makes sense.  That offer would have put Vardy among their highest earners at the time; after all, Wenger was always tight-fisted (and under heavy stadium debt).

31196428_Arsenal2016-17.thumb.JPG.63be8d19a992bccfaf7c81bdc7cc93fe.JPG

I'm not saying loyalty didn't factor in, but what many don't realize is that JV made a good business decision.  He didn't discount himself.  And of course he stayed with the club where he would be unquestioned leader of the line.

22 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I think that's what was mooted at the time but a three year deal made no sense so maybe there was a change in year four. 

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Is this happening then?

Could an ITK let the club know I'm 5 minutes from Seagrave and have got my car keys in my hand ready to give him a lift.

Does your car have a sunroof?:ph34r:

Actually, I just had to check if cars still come with a sunroof!

47 minutes ago, SilverFox54 said:

Is he Leicester's most expensive signing, transfer fee + wages divided by game time on the pitch?

Adrien Silva had 1275 minutes played for us with a 20.5m euro transfer fee vs 1364 for Jannik with a 17.6m euro transfer fee. Not to comment on the contribution of either or their wages.

Just to clarify, players do have a benefit to the club, other than actual match day. 

Adequate coaches, utilised reserve players in training to setup how the opposition will play during training games. Sometimes you need players of differing abilities for this. Maybe not on his wages like, however I’m sure he’ll have contributed something. 

• Like 1