Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

32 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

There’s an equation going on in his accountant’s head. Keep taking the LCFC money is good for now …. but if he doesn’t actually start playing football soon, and runs his contract down, his next club could be Notts County! At some point in that equation, it makes sense to jump ship, take lower wages and ensure longevity of income at medium level. Please let that point be now 🙏🙏🙏

The likelyhood is that Hertha offer him a wage and then LCFC make up the difference for the duration of his LCFC contract. So if Hertha offer 40k, we currently playing him 80k. We will pay 40k for duration of his LCFC contract 

He won’t lose 

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The likelyhood is that Hertha offer him a wage and then LCFC make up the difference for the duration of his LCFC contract. So if Hertha offer 40k, we currently playing him 80k. We will pay 40k for duration of his LCFC contract 

He won’t lose 

80K lol

• Sad 1

He has a contract so we are stuck with him. If he is on 80 and we pay 40 a week shortfall 480k per annum. Marginally better paying double that and him just sitting around collected his wages. Whoever did this deal did not do us any favours!

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Imagine he only leaves if we can be sure of getting a CB in.

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Why? He's behind Ndidi in the pecking order.

That's what I thought. 

On previous evidence Rodgers has preferred: Amartey, Soyuncu, Evans, Faes, Fofana, Ndidi, Choudhury, a change of formation or a can of baked beans over Vestergaard. 

Just get him gone!! 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

he turned down moves in the summer as they would not match his current wages. Seems more interested in the dough than actually playing football, so much so that it cost him his world cup place.

Surely though there must come a point where he realises that he is not likely to get any decent offers if he is not even given a squad number and his manager would rather play a midfielder as CB rather than pick him. He really does need to wake up and smell the coffee and take any sort of decent contract or he will find himself without a job at all

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

he turned down moves in the summer as they would not match his current wages. Seems more interested in the dough than actually playing football, so much so that it cost him his world cup place.

Surely though there must come a point where he realises that he is not likely to get any decent offers if he is not even given a squad number and his manager would rather play a midfielder as CB rather than pick him. He really does need to wake up and smell the coffee and take any sort of decent contract or he will find himself without a job at all

Why would he do that? He's got 18 months left here on a wedge. 

Why would he take say a 50% pay cut for the next 18 months? 

Would you happily take a 50% pay cut from work? Get real. Nobody would. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Someone will say yes just to be contrary …..

maybe urban fox is really rudders ????

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

if i loved my job and was currently somewhere that i couldnt do it.. I probably would. 

It’s his choice entirely but as someone that loves football, I don’t think double the already ridiculously high amount or pay would make up for not getting to play. 

he’s not an accountant 

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if i loved my job and was currently somewhere that i couldnt do it.. I probably would. 

It’s his choice entirely but as someone that loves football, I don’t think double the already ridiculously high amount or pay would make up for not getting to play. 

he’s not an accountant 

But it's still his job and you live to your means. Just because you love your job don't mean you would take another that you may like more for 50% less. Least I don't know anyone that would. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

You'd think he would be all over this move.

I bet he isn’t. The Bundesliga has more constraints for wages than the PL, so I highly doubt that they’ll be matching the £70,000 that he has paid here.

Whether it’s right or wrong bears no relevance. He already highlighted in the summer his reluctance to move to a nicer place and have regular game time - it is clear that money matters the most to him given he turned Fulham down.

Hopefully his failure to get picked for Denmark in the World Cup will shift his priorities, I doubt it, however.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc