Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

4 minutes ago, reynard said:

Great city and don't they play in the old Olympic stadium? Not at all envious. 

Berlin or Leicester?  let's hope the big guy is tempted but could they afford his wages?

They do, it's a wonderful stadium but difficult for the home support to fill (they get very good support despite being perennially shit and actually ran as poorly as some FT commentators imagine LCFC to be ran), so there's been talk for years about them moving to a stadium just for themselves. Berlin is a lovely city too.

Hertha weirdly has quite a bit of money as a club but i doubt they'll be wanting to pay those wages

Edited by -sodapop

On 23/01/2023 at 07:38, Fox92 said:

Well everybody seemed happy when we signed him.

It took until the third page until someone brought up how slow he is.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Not everybody... do not be dragging me into this, I never wanted him as I had seen him play... Said at the time, people were just happy as it was a signing as opposed to a decent signing. 

Hertha were the perfect club for us to sell to... two years ago. 

A batshit investor pumping cash in madly trying to turn them in to Bayern killers and absolutely pissing it away on nothing. 

They almost got relegated last year though and they're back down there again this year. He's been tightening the purse strings a bit because their wage bill has problems reminiscent of ours. Not sure they'll be mad keen to lump out on Vestergaard and pay his full wages. 

• Like 1

Vestergaard out (even for a nominal fee) and Souttar in would be excellent. Improves the team, reduces the age profile of the squad and you'd hope for a reasonable net reduction in the wage bill.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

He will go if the rumour is real. Judging from his insta, he will love the lifestyle and they have an investor who's minted. 

Great city Berlin! Hertha are bigger than union. One of the pre match things the fans do is go up and down the river on a hired boat boozing and singing as they go. 

• Like 1

From a footballing perspective, a return to the Bundesliga makes a lot of sense for Vestergaard. He did well at Gladbach and played some of his best football in Germany. He desperately needs to find a new home because you can just about count on one hand the number of appearances he's made in the last year.

I imagine Vestergaard is one of the players Rodgers alluded too when he said they would leave players out of the 25-man squad if it was best for the club. Finances aside, from a career perspective he cannot afford that. I can see something happening but I imagine it'll be a loan. I'll be streaking naked down the street and jumping for joy if we can move him on permanently and get a fee for him though. Even waiving a fee to get his salary off the books fully for the remaining 1.5 years of his deal is an option. Not holding my breathe, but here's to hoping.

There’s an equation going on in his accountant’s head. Keep taking the LCFC money is good for now …. but if he doesn’t actually start playing football soon, and runs his contract down, his next club could be Notts County! At some point in that equation, it makes sense to jump ship, take lower wages and ensure longevity of income at medium level. Please let that point be now 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1