Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Return of Slabhead

Alan Nixon

Published: 22:30, 1 Apr 2023

HARRY MAGUIRE  is wanted back ‘home’ at Leicester — with a loan move on the cards next season.

The Manchester United centre-back faces limited game time in the run-in both at home and abroad after returning to Old Trafford from England duty.

Now Brendan Rodgers is keen to take him back to the Foxes, where he was a massive hero.

Leicester will always be a lure for Maguire, 30, who left with the club’s blessing — with both sides making the exit one of the most dignified going.

Rodgers thinks he would be a huge capture and can sort out a defence that still leaks goals alarmingly  — the main reason they fear the drop.

The Leicester boss has looked at other targets like Odilon Kossounou at Bayer Leverkusen but an eye-catching loan for the United star would top that

2 major flaws with this story 

1 he won’t want to play in the Championship 

2 Rodgers is not likely to be manager 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

After the way he left - no chance. 

Harry was always complimentary about us and has never really had anything bad to say. His family on the other hand… 

• Like 4

I may be in the minority here but I wouldn’t want him back. I never really felt he ever wanted to be here. Never warmed to him for some reason. Which is weird, because I loved him at Hull and really wanted us to sign him. 

Edited by RumbleFox

On 02/04/2023 at 08:05, Kent-Fox said:

Imagine him and Souter together 

we would get murdered by there pace. 

Because Huth and Morgan were both rapid. 

If played the right way they would be fine.

Edited by coolhandfox

Would depend on the manager we have at the time and what kind of deal we could get especially with his kind of wages

Wouldn’t see any point in getting him if we have a manager who wants a high line - potentially playing a pair of Maguire and Souttar needs a low block manager

42 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Ain't happening as we don't have the money to waste on his wages.

Utd will front up a good portion of the wage as they'll be glad to be shot of him. He's also the wrong end of 30 so he's already on his last big contract and will just want to play regularly to keep his international hopes alive.