Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Free Falling Foxes

I may be unusual/different because.........

Fill in the blank.

I wondered this when I heard that a 30 odd year old fella we know cannot ride  a bike. His parents never bought him one and he, well, just never learnt.

I'm not knocking it, I'm not saying it's not normal. After all, what is normal? However, I think it is fair to say, it's unusual.

So I wondered about myself.

I didnt learn to swim until my late 40s, and even now I would describe my self as a poor swimmer.

I dont like parties/social gatherings.

Finally, I'm not mad keen with on going on holidays. This is, perhaps, the most unusual?

Anyway, I thought I would throw it open to fellow FTers. Is there anything that possibly sets you apart?

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

Just now, FoyleFox said:

I don't drink tea.

Hate the stuff, including the smell. Which does lead to be being treaded as a freak by a few people. It seems it's acceptable to not like coffee, but most definitely not to dislike tea.

I’ve never had a cup of tea in my life. 

Also, I can’t wear odd socks. Pretty phobic about it. Even if, say, both socks are black I will spend a good 10 minutes making sure that they are an exact pair, and not just two black socks from different pairs. 

(Did I overshare)? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Milo said:

Also, I can’t wear odd socks. Pretty phobic about it. Even if, say, both socks are black I will spend a good 10 minutes making sure that they are an exact pair, and not just two black socks from different pairs. 

(Did I overshare)? 

Sounds quite normal to me. But I have to have the light switches correct, flat end at the top if it's off, at the bottom if it's on. And where we have 2 way switches, I will change them if it's wrong.

45 minutes ago, Milo said:

(Did I overshare)? 

Have you heard of the brand called oddsocks? Technically no pair can be odd as the same pair does not exist 👌

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I'm approaching middle age and the idea of what a lot of other people want at that time or before (settling down with the mortgage and kids etc) still seems entirely alien to me.

No wonder we get on - I'm 52 and have none of that stuff.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Going on holiday, stresses me out. Don’t like flying and don’t like being away from home.

Got to be honest after flying last week I have debated whether the holiday is worth the mental toll that the flight takes on me 

• Like 3

Oh boy

I really don’t like people.

I prefer to be left alone and not have people around.

I don’t like to travel.  No interest in seeing sites.  I go nowhere when on vacation.  

I don’t like trying new foods.  I like what I like and am happy.  Sometimes I will eat the exact same thing for dinner, for weeks on end.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I only have four fingers and a thumb on each hand 

Mike from Coalville 

Me too, although only because the bastards cut my extra thumb off when I was 3 months old.  I have never been to Coalville, and extensive ancestral research shows none of by parents families were related going back at least 10 generations.