Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

James Justin

JJ has been poor to average a lot more than he has been excellent if had to rate his time with us.

Sad as before his first injury, he was looking to prove quite a few doubters wrong but he’s lost a yard (maybe 2) of pace and like any player that relies on that, on top of a formation that doesn’t ask for him to make any positive 30/40 yard overlaps….what you get is the JJ that’s on full show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

He's so one footed it's ridiculous. Has to move onto his right foot all the time, which means every pass is a safe one. Either sideways or backwards. 

One player who I thought would piss it in this league. It might be the system but he's been so poor this season.

...playing off his right foot does not help and he is a player who enjoys bursting forward!!!

He is playing as a centre-half mostly and as a right-footed player he will be taking the ball playing on the half turn, ball retention means playing the ball back towards the keeper. If you are left-footed you can play down the line or a disguised switchball to the right wing, you are always looking forward and it is more difficult to turn to play backwards.

Doyle not being with us does hold us back.

• Like 3

I thought he had his best game for us today (west brom), he's starting to look more comfortable and confident; sadly i still think he's not suited to this system and is too limited, but good to see him rediscovering some form.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, UniFox21 said:

He's struggling at the moment, looks quite open to silly errors or lapses

Just doesn't seem to have the level of confidence or comfort when he's on the ball. He's the only one I see regularly fumbling or dordling with it and having to make snap, dodgy backward passes. He's been a little better the last couple of games but still gives me bombscare vibes too often.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Just doesn't seem to have the level of confidence or comfort when he's on the ball. He's the only one I see regularly fumbling or dordling with it and having to make snap, dodgy backward passes. He's been a little better the last couple of games but still gives me bombscare vibes too often.

Pretty much, he's very hesitant to play off that left foot as well. 

Bombing forward he continues to be a huge asset, and when chasing back.

But it's the close knit defending and small passes he struggles on.

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

I thought he was fine! Not where he was 2 years ago but a player I'd keep long term whichever league we end up in

I just think it's the wrong formation & position for him. He's a marauding full back. Being asked to play conservatively. It's simply not playing to his strengths. But he is taking one of the team. Being a pro.

• Like 2

odd one - he seemed to get endlessly beaten by both left wingers and was poor for the second goal and was poor going forward - my impression was that he was dreadful - but he somehow contributed 5 tackles, 3 interceptions and 2 clearances - so he made a difference to a degree.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Genuinely curious if Enzo thinks we are better with Doyle in the starting 11??

Given Doyle started most (all?) games when he was fit and Enzo publicly said he preferred a left footer in JJs current position, I think it’s fair to say he thinks we’re better with Doyle!

Feel like JJ might have to leave eventually for a club who play a natural full back. Hard to say what impact injuries have had on him, but he doesn’t appear to have a natural place in our starting XI. Which is a shame really as he’s a good player.

Not been impressed with JJ this season if I'm honest,  just doesn't look very natural in that position.. Whether that's because he isn't left footed or Enzo ball doesn't suit him not sure.

He's never been the most gifted/talented on the ball but his work rate and determination always shone through and was perfect for when we was struggling, but this season with us being so dominate his skills are void?

Feel like this is exactly what i was saying earlier in the season - and got slaughtered for :ph34r:

Justin is a good player and seems to have a great attitude, but both because of his limitations and the way we play, it's hard to see him having a future here other than as a back up to faes and doyle.  He's struggling at this level, dembele and the japanese lad had him for breakfast, there's no way he can play in the PL unless he can push on, but he'll always, i believe, look exposed and a square peg in enzo's system

I thought Birmingham were deliberately forcing us to play the ball on Justin's side to try and expose him last night. 

I think he is a great player. But his attributes don't suit our style at the moment which is a real shame. 

Probably one to move on in the Summer.

But as a supporter I'm grateful for the shift he is putting in for the team at the moment and we shouldn't lose sight of that. 

56 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Think he’d be better as a RCB, Kyle Walker style tbh. Dont think the left suits him at all

But then he's directly up against Faes - and i know who i'd rather have playing there out of those two!

Position aside, he's not as good a defender - he got beat in the air in the middle of the field for both the southampton and sheffield goals, and lost his man for the second birmingham goal - right or left, it's not good enough.  Not to mention his awful attempted clearance that was lucky not to be an own goal.

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

Feel like this is exactly what i was saying earlier in the season - and got slaughtered for :ph34r:

Justin is a good player and seems to have a great attitude, but both because of his limitations and the way we play, it's hard to see him having a future here other than as a back up to faes and doyle.  He's struggling at this level, dembele and the japanese lad had him for breakfast, there's no way he can play in the PL unless he can push on, but he'll always, i believe, look exposed and a square peg in enzo's system

Justin isn't in his natural position for starters. Doyle would be the obvious choice at left back out of the current squad, but there have been many times where Doyle has been caught out too.