Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

James Justin

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Confidence up. Much needed injury free season. We forget he's England capped for a reason. Probably means he's one of few sellable assets sadly too. 

His extra confidence is noticeable. In the past few games he looks faster and much more positive moving forward.

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Eh? I thought he was excellent overall. 

His passing was not at it at all today and the second goal was a cock up between him and Mavididi. In his defence, second half he didn't have a winger in front of him but it wasn't a good performance 

• Like 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

His passing was not at it at all today and the second goal was a cock up between him and Mavididi. In his defence, second half he didn't have a winger in front of him but it wasn't a good performance 

I agree. Not his best, an off day. But so many did. He did look tired before the end of the game. Passing was very poor. 

• Like 1

JJ is a baffling one for me.

He went from one of the top full backs in the Premier League, to a player that looks iffy at times in the Championship.

I'm not sure if I remember correctly but I'm sure he used to overlap and take on defenders with pace? Now he jogs to the half way line, stops and passes backwards or sideways. His passing range and ability is so limited too. He's not as quick as he was either.

I fear that injury really ended him as a top quality player.

6 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

He went from one of the top full backs in the Premier League, to a player that looks iffy at times in the Championship.

I'm not sure if I remember correctly but I'm sure he used to overlap and take on defenders with pace? Now he jogs to the half way line, stops and passes backwards or sideways. His passing range and ability is so limited too. He's not as quick as he was either.

He has never been the same since that injury.

2 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

He's also playing a different position now. 

He won't bound on and overlap as that isn't what he's asked to do. He's that LCB that progresses the ball up. 

You're right he is less dynamic, but think there are numerous factors rather than just injury that he doesn't play as he did 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Genuine question as it appears to have passed me by. How bad has Doyle been since his return? 

It's baffling to me that with Enzo's style he'd persist with a player with such a poor range of passing. 

If he's only there to provide pace to recover for Faes and his errant charges forward, I'd suggest we drop both.

Choudhury

Vesty

Coady

Doyle

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

He was poo tonight. That is all

Sorry no. The guy can't pass, today's showing wasn't surprising. Spoons for feet.

As a marauding full back he'd be quality in this league, but the left centre back role highlights weaknesses. Some times he will have decent games but he gets shown up. 

Him as a traditional right back in front of Fatawu would be unreal imo but Enzo will never do it.