Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

James Justin

Another one to echo the view that JJ is really looking mustard atm

He's out best defender, the recovery run pace, the delaying tactics and at championship level, I'd go as far to say he's almost unbeatable at one on one defending

Pity he's had his attacking wings clipped, us having dispensed with full backs. 

That wonder goal has obviously filled him with confidence because he had his best game in ages against Huddersfield. It would be fantastic if he could go on and recover the magnificent form that he showed in the middle of the 2020/21 season before he got injured.

15 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Another one to echo the view that JJ is really looking mustard atm

He's out best defender, the recovery run pace, the delaying tactics and at championship level, I'd go as far to say he's almost unbeatable at one on one defending

Pity he's had his attacking wings clipped, us having dispensed with full backs. 

He's never been particularly strong offensively. His best position has always been a wide centre back.

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He's never been particularly strong offensively. His best position has always been a wide centre back.

With our assault on CL places, him and Barnes were dynamite going forward from what I remember, then his injury, now he plays an entirely different role, personally I'd say he's very good offensively, I think it's only about now, we're getting the Justin from back then, all from my viewpoint of course 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

With our assault on CL places, him and Barnes were dynamite going forward from what I remember, then his injury, now he plays an entirely different role, personally I'd say he's very good offensively, I think it's only about now, we're getting the Justin from back then, all from my viewpoint of course 

He’s also not playing as a traditional full back as he was under Rodgers. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

He’s also not playing as a traditional full back as he was under Rodgers. 

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said he plays an entirely different role now. I think.he's been brilliant, I'd feel really sorry for him if he gets dropped for doyle 

I do feel relieved that after losing Thomas, Kristiansen and Castagne following relegation that we somehow managed to keep our best two full backs at the club.

JJ and Ricardo are high end PL quality at their best 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Delighted to see this, albeit a little late.

Doyle had a decent game on Tuesday though.

I like Doyle but looks unfit and overweight at the moment. I think Justin is a level up but Doyle is still young

38 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

I like Doyle but looks unfit and overweight at the moment. I think Justin is a level up but Doyle is still young

100% agree... I much prefer Justin and glad he was just ill.. was good to see Doyle play half decent though so we could rely on him

Was poor vs brum .. glad he stepped up

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

I'm not sure Doyle is overweight necessarily but he has absolute tree trunk legs.

So that helps him to ping the diagonals, but contributes to him struggling defensively in one one one situations. He is sluggish whilst backpedaling and moving laterally as he just can't sort his legs out quickly enough. That was happening even before his injury where he was getting beaten frequently, especially on his inside, by average championship wingers.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, martyn said:

I'm not sure Doyle is overweight necessarily but he has absolute tree trunk legs.

So that helps him to ping the diagonals, but contributes to him struggling defensively in one one one situations. He is sluggish whilst backpedaling and moving laterally as he just can't sort his legs out quickly enough. That was happening even before his injury where he was getting beaten frequently, especially on his inside, by average championship wingers.

Agreed - imagine when hes up against PL wingers. 

52 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

People say kdh is our most valuable player which he probably is but if JJ can keep himself fit then it's probably him as the next most valuable.

I’ve always liked Justin and I don’t disagree. I’d add winks into the running though. He was a very good buy. Mavididi will come into the discussion soon if his form continues. Strikers are like gold dust too so cannon and Daka will be worth a bob or two. I would not be in favour of selling anyone though until this seasons work is done. Even if we did get a big offer for KDH I wouldn’t sell as we know his worth and he fits here. it’s always a risk bringing in someone who may not settle. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

I’ve always liked Justin and I don’t disagree. I’d add winks into the running though. He was a very good buy. Mavididi will come into the discussion soon if his form continues. Strikers are like gold dust too so cannon and Daka will be worth a bob or two. I would not be in favour of selling anyone though until this seasons work is done. Even if we did get a big offer for KDH I wouldn’t sell as we know his worth and he fits here. it’s always a risk bringing in someone who may not settle. 

One of the issues with have now things have panned out.

If a replacement is brought in early, then you know if they settled ok before the sale is made, but if you sell and then buy the replacement in the same window its a total crap shoot.

Personally I wouldnt be selling any key players in the summer unless the offer is at least double their value, maguire levels of money and at least 2 weeks before end of window as a cut off point.

Whats happening now makes me appreciate the days we were buying young players as replacements 6-12 months early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm gonna bump this thread every time he does something good because I love the guy. Cracking assist for Vardy's goal yesterday. Still think he can be an asset in the prem if he can have an injury free run

We forget he was in and around the England squad before his injury issues hit. 

3 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Yeah he looked decent playing slightly more advanced. Or seemed that way, and what a ball for the GOATS first. 

That goal is what many of us have been wanting to see added to our game. Nobody with half-a-brain wants revolution to our game ….. we’re running away with the league, FFS. But to add that extra dimension to our attacking play, where we play balls a fraction earlier and with a fraction more risk is bang on. Great goal. Great day 👍

• 2 weeks later...