Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

3 hours ago, bmt said:

What clique you weirdo

There was lots of talk of cliques at the club last year. Distinct groups who’d sit separately in Seagrave. Like something out of a US high school drama.

Maddison’s Creek. Except none of them were Pacey. 

Geddit? I’ll get me coat. 

Surely the clique thing is missing the point anyway they were all party to a lack of effort and caring about the club enough to put in the effort to keep us in the PL, granted Rodgers wasn't helping. Enzo has shown what some motivation and commitment can do to a player and I'm sure he could have got the best out of any of them.

Anyway this is drifting off the topic so I'm out of this chat.

On 05/10/2023 at 00:26, Aleksz said:

Slight tweak to the in possession shape tonight for the first half - Ricardo playing in an advanced area along with KDH and Ndidi. 

Enzo mentioned on RL that they sprung a bit of a tactical surprise on him, think he obviously expected them to turn up with a back 5 and so wanted to go 6 (Mavididi, Ndidi, Vardy, KDH, Ricardo, Fatawu) vs an expected back 5… so maybe expect to see that again when the next back 5 low block team rock up at the KP.

Normal service resumed once we tweaked and Ricardo dropped back alongside Winks second half. Much more control, and it showed. 

But nice to see Enzo had something new up his sleeve nonetheless.

PS. Not having a left footer in that back three is killing the fluidity a bit in possession, but we’re riding it out. :scarf:

I noticed that Coady seemed to be playing a lot of passes with his left foot - certainly he looks much more comfortable than JJ or Hamza.  

I feel like we could do a lot worse than faes/JV/coady until doyle returns.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I noticed that Coady seemed to be playing a lot of passes with his left foot - certainly he looks much more comfortable than JJ or Hamza.  

Still think he'd be better up front :D

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Coady is right footed, also don’t see Maresca wanting him to play wide CB too often because of his lack of pace to defend out wide when caught on the break - which I think is the whole thinking behind converting Hamza to play there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

Fascinating to see what your team will look like in the Prem under Maresca.

Surely will average 55+ % possession judging on this.

Remind me what % we won the league with?

I think there was only one game we had more possession lol

You find a way to make it work.

• Like 1

Amazing run of form and completely dominating the league, the quality of our players and the managers tactics is so nice to see after last years nightmare.

But..

Have we actually faced anyone who hasnt parked the bus yet apart from Liverpool?

Would like to see how we deal with attacking teams this season in prep for next.

2 hours ago, BluethroughtheMiddle said:

Amazing run of form and completely dominating the league, the quality of our players and the managers tactics is so nice to see after last years nightmare.

But..

Have we actually faced anyone who hasnt parked the bus yet apart from Liverpool?

Would like to see how we deal with attacking teams this season in prep for next.

Southampton, for starters. We picked them apart.

Norwich weren't overly defensive from what I can remember. Coventry were also fairly willing to get forward, if I remember correctly?

We've already faced a few of each approach—park the bus or attack us—and with each passing game we're improving how we respond. We're going to have lots of practice with breaking down bus-parking tactics, but the beauty of our style of play now is that, in theory, teams attacking us just makes it easier for us to score.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BluethroughtheMiddle said:

But..

Southampton, Blackburn?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

@StriderHiryu interesting that Casadei (7) average position is deeper then Ricardo's (21) and Winks (8).

That's has to be tactical.

There was an interview with him post match where he said he had “to work hard in the middle of the pitch” so maybe you’re right. Personally I think it’s more that Enzo challenged him to get more involved in the game. I can’t think of a tactical reason for him to drop given the way Stoke played. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BrianSwan said:

Fascinating to see what your team will look like in the Prem under Maresca.

Surely will average 55+ % possession judging on this.

13 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Remind me what % we won the league with?

I think there was only one game we had more possession lol

You find a way to make it work.

That's fine by me.

Better than 70% going nowhere like last season and beyond.

Fwiw, I think we'll probably have around the 60% but actually be useful with it (Hopefully) as opposed to possession for possession sake as we'd become accustomed to in the Premier League.

Edited by Matt

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

There was an interview with him post match where he said he had “to work hard in the middle of the pitch” so maybe you’re right. Personally I think it’s more that Enzo challenged him to get more involved in the game. I can’t think of a tactical reason for him to drop given the way Stoke played. 

Definitely something for him to be that deep as one of our 8s 

9 hours ago, BluethroughtheMiddle said:

But..

Said a couple of games ago…We kept saying wait until…

Well.Soton,Norwich,Preston,Blackburn  earlier Coventry,now a Stubborn Stoke…

We faced We won.

Lets play stupid.. 4 teams come along and attack more than those fore mentioned teams..We won’t lose all 8 games ( home + away).

I don’t see us imploding,maybe a couple of clipped ears results. but even now,

this squad,Enzo & system have found a successful  Formular.We just have to see first how far they can evolve then push & compete for top 2 positions in the championship,that will then develope into a PL side,but that’s for later..

Let’s enjoy what this season brings

• Like 1

On a much simpler view; it's refreshing seeing how well drilled the side is. Everyone knows their role, where they should be, the runs they should make etc. 

Many of the examples highlighted above, the one touch stuff all comes from each player knowing almost by muscle memory where their team mate is going to be.

• Like 1