Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Harry Souttar

Not bothered about this at all . He’s hardly pulled up  any trees looked good first couple of games then looked like a fish out of water and got dropped . Did a job as pointed out by others against Newcastle but he was virtually just stood on the penalty spot all game winning headers . 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, longy said:

I am yet to see anything to suggest Faes is the long-term option at centre half for us. When you say he's a class above the other 2, that I feel is down to the fact that Souttar and Vestergaard are bang average.

I really hope I'm proved wrong. 👍🏻

I think Souttar is a good defender and would be solid in a flat back four, but the formation and style we are going to be playing suggest that he is Maquire esque to slow on the ball, turn and recovery.

13 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Good to know. I didn't watch that game. 

You just don't like him.

Like a lot of so called fans instead of supporting the players rather just be quick to jump on the bandwagon of hate.

I think he will be a top defender in the championship but I've got a lot of hope in Daka as well so maybe my opinion counts for nothing 😆 

• Like 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I think Souttar is a good defender and would be solid in a flat back four, but the formation and style we are going to be playing suggest that he is Maquire esque to slow on the ball, turn and recovery.

I'd argue you could say the same about Vestergaard. 

I'm here for a Vesty redemption story TBF. He came into the side under Brenda and was given like 10 games (I think) in a team absolutely devoid of leadership and game plan.

Either way, I'll trust Enzo with the decisions either way! ☺️

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Alright mate - enjoy your Marc Albrighton masterclass this season.

I'll laugh at you all come November when we're mired in mid-table with players who don't know what they're doing. 

This is a Soyuncu-esque by Rodgers freezing out and the fact you lot can't see that is proper banter. 

Blimey, laughing at other Leicester fans because we’re doing poorly.

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

He's the quote from Enzo according to the Mercury - maybe Owynn reading too much into this?

“Harry’s a guy who since day one has been working very well. But for 25 players in the squad, something can happen. No (he’s not said he wants to leave).”

This to me just sounds like the manager not speaking in absolutes, it doesn't sound like a specific reference to Souttar to me. It changes when you remove those 3 words from the context as if they were a response to a specific question.

Perhaps we'd consider a bid if it was good but I don't think this should be read into too much.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TommyK said:

Shame really, I presumed he would be central to our promotion push with his Championship experience. 

Championship "experience" is massively overrated!

2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

I think you maybe right come mid-November as EM has a thank less task clearing this lot out based on ability and attitude but go and support someone else mate would be my suggestion...........we have moved this club forward beyond anything any fan could comprehend 10 years ago and I think having a football philosophy to build young talented players with a progressive system makes a lot more sense than having Sean Dyche lump it to the big man and a back four of centre halfs lumping it.............I would have kept Soyuncu too as he is better than all of our defenders but the previous manager was an egotistical twonk but what that has to do Enzo I dont get!

I expect it to take to Xmas to get us properly playing Enzo way and it will probably need January window to finish correcting this squad and may mean another season in the Championship but he will be given time as the owner recognises the mistakes but is loyal and will want to see a team developing - when we get back to the Prem we need to be able to compete ........

Agree on the base line of your post,but it will take 2-3 seasons,with subtle changes to the playing staff,before we see any great

defined Enzo style…But the new manager said it himself,it’s not just about this season…it simply doesn’t work like that.

competing,challenging without the full Enzo influx is a must,the basics have to be done..This is the real challenge can we cut it in this Division…Are the players upto it…Then & only then can Enzo start to push his ideologies and needs further out..

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

See your post here has raised another concern. Every player has to perfectly fit what he wants. Is he not capable of adapting or working with anyone who doesn’t fit his perfect ideal?

What’s concerning about a manager who has a clear idea and a clear identity? 

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What’s concerning about a manager who has a clear idea and a clear identity? 

That’s not what I’m saying is it? A plan is good. However sticking to it rigidly would not be. Also not willing to play other ways when required to get results would be concerning. Shipping out players on mass because they do not fit the system perfectly also. We are not Chelsea who can buy a whole new team at the click of our fingers.

I’m not saying he is those things. He seems like a good bloke and I haven’t seen us properly in action yet.

But I’m just saying flexibility is a good thing.

Surprised by this as I think in terms of depth centre back the one position we are sorted adequately. Coady, Doyle, Faes, Souttar, Vesty for a back 3 seems right for me.

Not overly bothered regardless, as always struggled to see what others see in him, but for me you would imagine he will need replacing.

3 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Not bothered about this at all . He’s hardly pulled up  any trees looked good first couple of games then looked like a fish out of water and got dropped . Did a job as pointed out by others against Newcastle but he was virtually just stood on the penalty spot all game winning headers . 

I do hope you're more patient with our manager than you are with our players! You might need to be.

It may not be relevant in your case, but over time I've seen lots of people justify their defence of underperforming managers by speaking of players as substandard, unworthy of patience, and largely responsible for whatever malaise we find ourselves in, and in doing so they believe that they're more tolerant than those who question the boss instead. Loyalty surely applies to both! For me, this seems like one of those moments where there's a danger that you're adhering to the preferences of a manager who may or may not have a viable plan, as opposed to a player who potentially has a lot to offer.

Unless we sell to man u or chelsea, it really seems our policy is to buy high and sell low. How much was he £15 odd million wasn't it? Can we start binning these clueless Muppets in the board room first before selling anymore players, that'd make me more optimistic for this season going forward. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Unless we sell to man u or chelsea, it really seems our policy is to buy high and sell low. How much was he £15 odd million wasn't it? Can we start binning these clueless Muppets in the board room first before selling anymore players, that'd make me more optimistic for this season going forward. 

Was thinking this. January has turned out to be a shocking window. One who has come and gone already and two that seem out of favour/surplus to requirements and likely to make a loss. Really poor. 

• Like 1