Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Harry Souttar

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Outstanding v Brentford and Geordies. But as someone pointed out, Brentford go long and high and Newcastle was us inviting pressure and the game in front of him. Both scenarios he is bound to do well in.

Vesty was excellent v Man City when he first signed and had a great cameo away at Rennes. 

Faes I really like. I think he's had 7 or 8 top games in an otherwise disastrous season. Wolves home and away in particular. West Ham away. Everton away. 

Faes was the centre piece of our disastrous season. So many time where the game was in the balance and he would gift a goal. He's very much in the mould of a defender who's good 90% of the game and terrible 10% of the game. We will never have a decent defence with him starting.

• Like 1

There’s clearly something about him that two managers haven’t liked. Have his stoic spells of defending clouded our judgement of him? The more I think about it the more I can’t actually remember much about him. 

I think it points to a potential new CB coming in. I’m not happy about Vesty potentially playing however. He’s utterly dreadful and this style will completely collapse if he steps in. 

Other options are Nelson plays centrally between Doyle and Faes for now? 

We don`t see Souttar, Enzo does, if aren`t going to trust the new manager before his first competitive game then we really are doomed

• Like 1

Hes just bought a house here so id be amazed if he wants to leave. I dont understand why hes started that bum Vestergaard over him when Lurch doesnt even want to be here. Souttar is an absolute beast in the air with Championship experience where as Vestergaard whos 6ft6 would get out jumped by Aaron Lennon 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think what Maresca was trying to say (and failing because his English is so-so) is that our squad is too big and some players will need to be moved on. That could mean Souttar. It might not. It all depends on the various interest from other clubs in Souttar and/or any combination of some of the following - Ward, Iversen, Ricardo, Castagne, Faes, Vestergaard, Ndidi, Choudhury, Soumare, Praet, Daka, Iheanacho, Vardy. Our squad is just way too big. And not only is way too big, it is also by far and away the most expensive, in terms of wages, ever seen at Championship level. Some of them have to go.

I think it’s more likely this and enzo English not being the clearest. 

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Hmm. Preferring Vestergaard over Souttar is a red flag for me (re Maresca). 

Shame if Souttar is being pushed out as in my view, he’s the type we need for this season. 

It’s not really, if Souttar doesn’t work in his system he doesn’t work. Vesty for all of his apparently flaws may be able to perform better in that type of role, better still than Souttar. I wouldn’t say that it’s a red flag, I’d say that it suggests that there’s something amiss with Souttar. 

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think what Maresca was trying to say (and failing because his English is so-so) is that our squad is too big and some players will need to be moved on. That could mean Souttar. It might not. It all depends on the various interest from other clubs in Souttar and/or any combination of some of the following - Ward, Iversen, Ricardo, Castagne, Faes, Vestergaard, Ndidi, Choudhury, Soumare, Praet, Daka, Iheanacho, Vardy. Our squad is just way too big. And not only is way too big, it is also by far and away the most expensive, in terms of wages, ever seen at Championship level. Some of them have to go.

Sounds about right to me. It’s been misunderstood by OPA.

15 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

That's how I understood it. 

30 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

He's the quote from Enzo according to the Mercury - maybe Owynn reading too much into this?

“Harry’s a guy who since day one has been working very well. But for 25 players in the squad, something can happen. No (he’s not said he wants to leave).”

This could easily have been lost in translation. It could have been written up:

Q: "Can I ask you about the defenders. We haven't seen too much of Harry Souttar. How is he getting on?"

A: "Harry’s a guy who since day one has been working very well. But there is only room for 25 players in the squad, and they can't all be on the pitch at the same time. Something can happen in games, injuries, rotation, etc. so he'll get his chance I'm sure."

Q:"Has he asked to leave"

A:"No"

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Outrageous against Newcastle

if we play any of our 46 games defending the edge of our box like we did that night then the season will be a write off anyway 

we need players on the front foot who make good quick decisions and pass well.  seems that enzo doesnt see harry being that player but we'll find out over the next few weeks without coady available  and with carrabao cup games

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

If Maresca is keeping Faes and Vestergaard over Souttar, that's immediately a mark against him. We've just got rid of one clown who wouldn't play his best centre back (not calling Enzo a clown before anyone starts crying about it).

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

He can’t defend but can ping a pass

His passing is utterly woeful. I could ping a long diagonal without any pressure but passing to a teammate's feet when there is a slight bit of pressure at this level, I'd embarrass myself. JV isn't much better.

Edited by dmayne7

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's some list to be trying to move on.

Enzo should be telling some of them they have no future here so find another Club.

Instead he's trying to be everybody's friend. Which we all know doesn't work in Football.

May be best to not alienate players who may end up staying in the squad for whatever reason.

28 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

That makes more sense. Still think there have been some questionable selections in pre season, that seemed more than just for the sake of fitness.

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s not really, if Souttar doesn’t work in his system he doesn’t work. Vesty for all of his apparently flaws may be able to perform better in that type of role, better still than Souttar. I wouldn’t say that it’s a red flag, I’d say that it suggests that there’s something amiss with Souttar. 

See your post here has raised another concern. Every player has to perfectly fit what he wants. Is he not capable of adapting or working with anyone who doesn’t fit his perfect ideal?