Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Harry Souttar

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Maresca's been here a matter of weeks. 

Implementing what he wants to do here will take years, and lets face it he probably won't get that. 

Maybe I'm a cynic but I see an inexperienced manager with no clue about the Championship, trying to play like Man City when we need to just defend well and score goals. It's that simple. Keep it tight and you'll go up with the strikers at our disposal. 

I'm desperately trying not to think like that but it is a fear very firmly at the back of mind. Just about every pundit is tipping us for automatic promotion but at the moment that gives me no more confidence than those who said we were definitely too good to get relegated last season. This all feels like a massive risk.  

• Like 1

From what we've seen in terms of performances, I can't see many of us fans thinking Vesty is better than Souttar, perhaps has a better ball out, but he passed the ball out to a Liverpool player last week, and by the sound of it he doesn't like being here

Guest Mee-9
1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

What a ridiculous post - bin off the best defenders because they are not great on the ball in a team that will have 70% possession and has employed a manager that wants to build a team that can survive in the prem playing football against the best - this is a process that the board have decided to continue building upon as although BR was damaged at the end the philosophy since winning the league has been to build a structure around a process to compete at the top of the game - Souttar will not fit the managers plan and hence he will not be used - end of so get over it and let us trust the process - I would much rather have clarity in direction and have players that are round pegs in round holes.

Vestegaard may not have performed under BR and will possibly move on but he is a better organiser and footballer with his feet in a possession game - also maybe the manager has given JR the list to move on and its not happened yet - we need to trust the process.

Personally I could not give a damn if they sold every player except a JV and Marc A as we need some winning influence but some of the posts on here are laughable...........they appointed Enzo for one reason he has worked with the best who win by playing the right way - if he can use our resources to its maximum we have proved we can compete over the past 7 years but the road is a long one but short term decisions will not build the future so get ready for a bumpy ride!

Alright mate - enjoy your Marc Albrighton masterclass this season.

I'll laugh at you all come November when we're mired in mid-table with players who don't know what they're doing. 

This is a Soyuncu-esque by Rodgers freezing out and the fact you lot can't see that is proper banter. 

Just now, lgfualol said:

Very strange if he was to leave, he's not amazing but compared to Faes and Vestergaard he is. Vestergaard cant even win headers in a league where we'll be against hoofball in most games.

Won about 5 headers against Liverpool the other day

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mee-9 said:

Alright mate - enjoy your Marc Albrighton masterclass this season.

I'll laugh at you all come November when we're mired in mid-table with players who don't know what they're doing. 

This is a Soyuncu-esque by Rodgers freezing out and the fact you lot can't see that is proper banter. 

I think you maybe right come mid-November as EM has a thank less task clearing this lot out based on ability and attitude but go and support someone else mate would be my suggestion...........we have moved this club forward beyond anything any fan could comprehend 10 years ago and I think having a football philosophy to build young talented players with a progressive system makes a lot more sense than having Sean Dyche lump it to the big man and a back four of centre halfs lumping it.............I would have kept Soyuncu too as he is better than all of our defenders but the previous manager was an egotistical twonk but what that has to do Enzo I dont get!

I expect it to take to Xmas to get us properly playing Enzo way and it will probably need January window to finish correcting this squad and may mean another season in the Championship but he will be given time as the owner recognises the mistakes but is loyal and will want to see a team developing - when we get back to the Prem we need to be able to compete ........

Guest Mee-9
Just now, Old Fox said:

I think you maybe right come mid-November as EM has a thank less task clearing this lot out based on ability and attitude but go and support someone else mate would be my suggestion...........we have moved this club forward beyond anything any fan could comprehend 10 years ago and I think having a football philosophy to build young talented players with a progressive system makes a lot more sense than having Sean Dyche lump it to the big man and a back four of centre halfs lumping it.............I would have kept Soyuncu too as he is better than all of our defenders but the previous manager was an egotistical twonk but what that has to do Enzo I dont get!

I expect it to take to Xmas to get us properly playing Enzo way and it will probably need January window to finish correcting this squad and may mean another season in the Championship but he will be given time as the owner recognises the mistakes but is loyal and will want to see a team developing - when we get back to the Prem we need to be able to compete ........

Might just have to. You get more sense out of forest fans than you lot sometimes.

Bin off our best CB/asset who could be sold for a fortune one day. Christ. I'm off.

See you when Enzo gets the boot people. 

17 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Maresca's been here a matter of weeks. 

Implementing what he wants to do here will take years, and lets face it he probably won't get that. 

Maybe I'm a cynic but I see an inexperienced manager with no clue about the Championship, trying to play like Man City when we need to just defend well and score goals. It's that simple. Keep it tight and you'll go up with the strikers at our disposal. 

Believe it or not mate but I imagine "defend well and score goals" is actually part of the plan, you just happen to disagree on the best way of going about it

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You're not calling him a clown but you are digging him out on something that may or may not have been said.

Again, ypou're having a go when you have no idea of what the reasons were, why not wait until we've kicked a ball in anger, the match thread is normally an embarrassment after only 5 minutes.

You know this how? Based on the comments of people on a chat page who have no idea of what is happening at the moment let alone where we'll be by the nd of August with player options.

Blimey, defensive much lol. I'm not digging him out, I'm actually just making observations based on what has happened. He's been picking Vestergaard (who is utterly useless) over Souttar? Obviously players will get run outs in pre season even if they're going to be sold but the likes of Souttar, VK, Justin, Iheanacho have seemingly featured a lot less than others and you'd expect that they would be key players this season. We don't know the reasons for that but doesn't mean we're not allowed to make judgements on that does it?

I want us to be successful above all else and I like a lot of what Enzo has said and done. Doesn't mean he's not above questioning, especially when he's done exactly nothing yet to prove himself. We've just gone from one autocracy where fans were literally attacked for questioning their supreme leader despite the house going up in flames around him. Let's not repeat that and actually allow some healthy questioning of decisions, shall we? By all means slate those who are saying what an awful manager Enzo is if we lose against Cov, but perhaps save your ire for then :thumbup:

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

This could easily have been lost in translation. It could have been written up:

Q: "Can I ask you about the defenders. We haven't seen too much of Harry Souttar. How is he getting on?"

A: "Harry’s a guy who since day one has been working very well. But there is only room for 25 players in the squad, and they can't all be on the pitch at the same time. Something can happen in games, injuries, rotation, etc. so he'll get his chance I'm sure."

Q:"Has he asked to leave"

A:"No"

This puts an entirely different view on the comments, close thread!

• Like 1

Gotta trust the process.

If Enzo doesn't think he's up to whatever system he's looking to play and we can get a reasonable fee, offload him.

My major concern is that Faes is absolutely honking and Vestergaard would rather not be here.

That leaves a young player, that even though played a lot of games at this level for Cov last season as the rest of our defensive depth.

Maybe there's other deals in the pipeline that strengthen that area but if we run our season off of Vestergaard and Faes at centre half we are in for some rough times ahead.

When a new manager comes in there will be players who just don’t fit the profile of how they want to play, it’s not the end of the world, Souttar is decent but he isn’t Vardy when Puel was trying to freeze him out, this is just a case of a manager not seeing that a player has the attributes he needs. 

if we get Coady back fit and have Doyle and let’s say we do get Harwood-Bellis then I really can’t see where Souttar would fit in. I appreciate everyone’s concerns regards Vesty but if Enzo wants his central defender to play a certain way and he has the attributes to best play that role then it makes sense. Yes point to last weeks friendly against Liverpool but look at the opposition, if Vestergard drops a disaster class against Cov then fair enough call him out but equally he could look a class above at this level and his ability to play out could be one of the catalysts of a great performance and result. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, longy said:

Gotta trust the process.

If Enzo doesn't think he's up to whatever system he's looking to play and we can get a reasonable fee, offload him.

My major concern is that Faes is absolutely honking and Vestergaard would rather not be here.

That leaves a young player, that even though played a lot of games at this level for Cov last season as the rest of our defensive depth.

Maybe there's other deals in the pipeline that strengthen that area but if we run our season off of Vestergaard and Faes at centre half we are in for some rough times ahead.

Faes ain't honking though he is a class above Vester and Souttar.

Souttar however is better than Vester so no idea why Vester is ahead of him

When fit, Coady and Doyle will be the partnership. 

Then Faes is first change, and i'd imagine a new signing would be second change.

That leave Souttar about 5th choice which for someone who was signed to play in the Prem 6 months ago is probably pretty crap for him. 

He's also the only one in that defence we will likely get interest in and money for, so probably another factor! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I think this is harsh 

100% it is, but the manager shouldn't have any guilt about players we already have. If he doesn't fancy them, better to ship them out and get players he does want here. It's not him that brought them.

It does make you nervous about our transfers. Glover has signed 3, one was a total flop and now it seems like Maresca doesn't fancy either of the other two. But again he didn't ask for him and he is playing a different way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Faes ain't honking though he is a class above Vester and Souttar.

Souttar however is better than Vester so no idea why Vester is ahead of him

I am yet to see anything to suggest Faes is the long-term option at centre half for us. When you say he's a class above the other 2, that I feel is down to the fact that Souttar and Vestergaard are bang average.

I really hope I'm proved wrong. 👍🏻