Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

On 30/10/2023 at 12:51, Tommy G said:

Anyone else not bothered in the slightest if he doesn't get called up for England this season? He's got 46 games to play for us, he needs the breaks to rest up not be slogging it at SGP for a 5 min cameo. 

No, tbf he is no way getting a call up this season 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Why would we want him to?

People seem to love our players heads getting turned just so they can see a LCFC player in a England shirt for a few games.

I couldnt care less about England now days, club always first and I will always prefer it when our players dont get a call up.

Depends, but no way is Winks even an England interesting thought at the moment.. 

I don't dislike the growth of England under Southgate... But there is awhile to go before Winks becomes a candidate.. 

9 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Why would we want him to?

People seem to love our players heads getting turned just so they can see a LCFC player in a England shirt for a few games.

I couldnt care less about England now days, club always first and I will always prefer it when our players dont get a call up.

Problem is that if they don’t get called up they get itchy feet to move to a club where a call up is more likely 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Problem is that if they don’t get called up they get itchy feet to move to a club where a call up is more likely 

I have only seen that when a player has been called up already then isnt getting it again, I cant recall it happening when they have never had any call up.  Or at least not had one whilst at the club.

If England stay away from Winks and we get promoted I can see him ending his career here.

Edited by Chrysalis

Did we miss him that much on Saturday?

The game was almost a carbon copy of a lot of our wins to be honest - Very dominant if a little tedious to watch at times.

We did actually have a lot of attempts on goal looking at the stats so it's not like we struggled to get out and up the pitch.

Don't think we need to panic about losing him again this season. He'll be needed more next season IF we manage to get up.

31 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

The game was almost a carbon copy of a lot of our wins to be honest - Very dominant if a little tedious to watch at times.

We did actually have a lot of attempts on goal looking at the stats so it's not like we struggled to get out and up the pitch.

Don't think we need to panic about losing him again this season. He'll be needed more next season IF we manage to get up.

Having Ndidi back helped a lot.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

No, we didn't. I thought Hamza did a good job also considering this is the first time he has played this role in this team. But Watford were seriously poor, so there were fewer opportunities for Hamza to get caught out. However, i think this can give us some assurance that we can rest Winks if needed, something we hadn't done at all so far this season.

49 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

No, we didn't. I thought Hamza did a good job also considering this is the first time he has played this role in this team. But Watford were seriously poor, so there were fewer opportunities for Hamza to get caught out. However, i think this can give us some assurance that we can rest Winks if needed, something we hadn't done at all so far this season.

Watford were a similar level to pretty much every team I've seen us play so far to be honest. Sunderland and Leeds were better (in their performances against us I mean)...but the rest were much of a muchness. 

Agree on Hamza. Always felt he is a 'good' Championship player, not exceptional and definitely not PL standard, but good at this level. He will be a capable cover for Winks.

2 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Nah, we didn’t miss him. If anything it was an improved performance on recent weeks. Not diminishing him as a player mind, but I also don’t think he’s “the one player we can’t replace” or that it’s the end of the world if he gets injured either like some on here often repeat, think the likes of Choudhury and Praet are more than capable players to come in at this level.

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Nah, we didn’t miss him. If anything it was an improved performance on recent weeks. Not diminishing him as a player mind, but I also don’t think he’s “the one player we can’t replace” or that it’s the end of the world if he gets injured either like some on here often repeat, think the likes of Choudhury and Praet are more than capable players to come in at this level.

I think if we utilised his talents better he easily could be one of those players we dread losing (at a higher level than this) 

He’s done really well and he’s definitely our most influential player in terms of controlling the game, but I still think we waste a lot of his talents at present, hopefully Enzo can find a way to unlock his full capabilities.

I mean he’s clearly a very good player but not really convinced he’s our most important player. Only game we’ve genuinely played half decent in recently is the one he missed. Dewsbury-Hall gets way more stick but he’s the better and more important midfielder for us tbh, Winks still has that honeymoon period gloss where people overlook their flaws and only see their positives than Dewsbury-Hall had a couple of seasons ago when people were raving about him too.

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I mean he’s clearly a very good player but not really convinced he’s our most important player. Only game we’ve genuinely played half decent in recently is the one he missed. Dewsbury-Hall gets way more stick but he’s the better and more important midfielder for us tbh, Winks still has that honeymoon period gloss where people overlook their flaws and only see their positives than Dewsbury-Hall had a couple of seasons ago when people were raving about him too.

I think KDH is our most important player right now, he is one of the few we have who is productive in forward play.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

I actually watched him tonight and thought it was great to have him back. I think we missed him on Saturday. 

Funny how people see it differently. He was atrocious tonight bar one very good run and a few quick passes. His control was off, got caught out several times and didn't seem to be able to deal with being pressed.