Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

He's just classy. Him and Ricky P really have no business being at this level; they're ridiculously better than almost everyone else in this league. Probably say the same for Faes and Mads as well. Maybe KDH too. And Vestergaard. That's over half the team. No wonder we're doing ok. So far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoxesTez said:

Amazed there's no real reaction on here, he was sublime today. Comfortably MOTM. 

I thought Riccy was equally as good some of his defending was outstanding……both superior to this level by a mile !

I doubt Winks will play an easier game all season. Stoke left such a big gap between defence and attack that he had all the time and space in the world. But you still have to have the quality to make it count if you are afforded such luxuries, and luckily he does. Here's fantastic play from him for our 4th goal.

giphy.gif

I showed this clip to a Spurs supporting mate who found it hard to believe it was the same Winks he saw play! Poch tried to make him play as a more standard double pivot, whereas Maresca has unleashed him. I suspect that both Caceido and Fernandez at Chelsea are being equally wasted, as we've seen both be much better players for Brighton, Benfica and Argentina.

With 10 goals and assists, KDH is our player of the season, but Winks is the glue that holds it all together. Spurs fans used to say he was their Xavi, but if anything he's more like a Busquets. He's an unbelievable player though, that is for certain.

It will be interesting to see if Sensi arrives in the summer after the January transfer collapse, because I feel like Maresca will be able to unlock him just he's done with Winks, even if it's in a different role.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BertFill said:

He's just classy. Him and Ricky P really have no business being at this level; they're ridiculously better than almost everyone else in this league. Probably say the same for Faes and Mads as well. Maybe KDH too. And Vestergaard. That's over half the team. No wonder we're doing ok. So far.

And Wilf, Daka, Mavi

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I doubt Winks will play an easier game all season. Stoke left such a big gap between defence and attack that he had all the time and space in the world. But you still have to have the quality to make it count if you are afforded such luxuries, and luckily he does. Here's fantastic play from him for our 4th goal.

giphy.gif

I showed this clip to a Spurs supporting mate who found it hard to believe it was the same Winks he saw play! Poch tried to make him play as a more standard double pivot, whereas Maresca has unleashed him. I suspect that both Caceido and Fernandez at Chelsea are being equally wasted, as we've seen both be much better players for Brighton, Benfica and Argentina.

With 10 goals and assists, KDH is our player of the season, but Winks is the glue that holds it all together. Spurs fans used to say he was their Xavi, but if anything he's more like a Busquets. He's an unbelievable player though, that is for certain.

It will be interesting to see if Sensi arrives in the summer after the January transfer collapse, because I feel like Maresca will be able to unlock him just he's done with Winks, even if it's in a different role.

To be fair the amount of space the stoke midfield give us here is criminal 

• Haha 1

I've never been more wrong about a player.

When he won his England caps I couldn't believe he was getting picked, I thought he was massively overrated and only getting picked as he played for Spurs. 

It's great to have Ricky P back fit and firing, but Winks is the focal point of this system under Enzo. 

For me, the Foxes player of the season and the league.

Glad I was wrong.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Reckon today kicks him on another gear you know. He'll be fuming with himself.

The amount of times he's come deep and played a perfect pass that's led to a goal should be taken into consideration. Yes he's cost us a goal today but the amount he's contributed outweighs it tenfold. Think you're right that it'll push him on even more though 

• Like 2

The way we play it is inevitable that we will concede goals by overplaying at the back.

This one though was particularly horrid and avoidable, especially as it came from our player of the season.

Fortunately though the only things it cost us were a clean sheet and a lot of frayed nerves.

• Like 1