Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

We took a chance on him and have given him the opportunity to kickstart his career again in England. I think that’ll mean a lot to him and it’s refreshing to have a player that’s interested in enjoying his football over looking for his next move.

Edited by Trumpet

24 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Love Harry Winks, our best player by quite some distance. Have no idea why Spurs let him go but bloody glad that they did.

One of my best mates is a spuds fan, he rated Winks but thought we'd had our pants taken down on the Maddison deal.  

I argued overall the deal was fair, we surely got something off Winks' price and whilst I think Madders is a massive talent he's just too injury prone to be reliable.  And he takes a lot of games after injury to hit form.  

This may be that rare occasion where I'm actually right.  

• Haha 2

Harry is such a genuine lad, He clearly loves it here and loves Enzo which says a lot about him.

I just wish he'd step out more into the an attacking role, And create attacks with his excellent Ball control and passing accuracy.

Especially when he knows Vesty can step into his Anchor position and provide that safety pass if needed.

He just needs to express himself more and he can make it back to the England team in a year or so.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Yes, yes, yes! 

He done it once today ( aside from the Goal ) and got it wrong. Thankfully Vesty was there to cover for him and win the Ball back.

I'm sure Enzo will improve that side of his game as we get further into the season. It's about reading the opposition and exploiting there weaknesses as he continues to learn craft.

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

we’ve had a few years of players being a  transfer away in their mind from the moment they arrive. You can tell winks is just enjoying it. 

He’s not having a good spell and instantly thinking he should play for chelsea. 

Top, top lad 

Absolutely. He just wants to play football and was prepared to move away, even to a team that had just been relegated, but was likely to be playing good football.

Big respect for that. I think I'd be saying that if he had moved to another club in the Championship and was having a great season... through gritted teeth lol