Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think Winks creative side is under utilised. I'm certain he has it in him to pick a forward progressive pass more. He's a talented player. I'd like him to turn on it quickly and feed some more forward passes. 

Agree, we have seen him do it as well.  I think its probably instructions that he maintains possession for us.

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Let's not rewrite history because of one poor game. He has been excellent this season and crucial for us.

Who is rewriting history? No one has said he hasn’t been excellent or important for us overall. I simply said I think people kind of overstate him as our best or most important player in comparison to KDH because Winks is new and still in the honeymoon period, whereas everyone is numb to KDH’s strengths and flaws by this point and expect him to have to drag the team forward which no player can do every game.

Exactly the same thing happened a couple of seasons ago when KDH first broke into the side and people were claiming he was better and more important than Maddison because he was new so people overlooked his flaws. Not saying KDH wasn’t a good player or playing really well but he was never as good as important as Maddison was at the time.

Edited by Sampson

Funnily enough I felt that today was one of his weaker games for us, he unusually gave the ball away cheaply a few times. That said he made some great attacking runs, carrying the ball forwards with aplomb.

Brilliant workrate and determination at the end and the celebration... well we already fell in love with him, but now it's time to name your next kid Harry isn't it?!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Funnily enough I felt that today was one of his weaker games for us, he unusually gave the ball away cheaply a few times. That said he made some great attacking runs, carrying the ball forwards with aplomb.

Brilliant workrate and determination at the end and the celebration... well we already fell in love with him, but now it's time to name your next kid Harry isn't it?!

Exactly my thoughts. Just what we needed in the summer and has slotted in perfectly. One of our best signings of late.

Only issue is what if it’s a girl?

edit -Harriet I guess. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sod that!!!.....

Everyone might think it's been named after  Kane!!🤮🤮

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

:ph34r:

😂 

Great effort to get up with KDH at the end. Was brilliant.

I had similar thoughts as I mentioned previously during the game though - Didn’t think he was particularly good today in general.

I do like him though…I need to make that clear! 😅

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Did it 15 years ago so he could enjoy watching the player he’s named after. :ph34r:

• Haha 1