Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

Saying it is the most he has enjoyed his football anywhere and at anytime in his career, is a big kudos for how Enzo is doing. 

I think Harry will be here for a number of years with the way he talks about the club. 

He is not perfect, and I am not sure he would shine in a top 8 Premier League team, but he oozes class at this level and no doubt can still do a decent job in the Prem. 

• Like 2

Guest glasgowfox
24 minutes ago, Dames said:

Absolutely slated this signing when he joined because of how he was used at Spurs. Got it massively wrong and I actually think he’s one of if not the best player in the league.

I hate people who say told you so but.....told you so 😜

3 hours ago, Dames said:

Absolutely slated this signing when he joined because of how he was used at Spurs. Got it massively wrong and I actually think he’s one of if not the best player in the league.

Same to be fair, even called out that he was just an English Mendy like player in the early games. 

Egg properly on face. 

He has so much to his game that I hadn't noticed. Just class, does the dirty work and has the ability to get up the field. One of those guys that glides over the pitch, and just makes it look easy even after 90 minutes. 

Thank fvck he signed for us and not another team chasing promotion, he will be worth a shed load of points this season and could easily cut it in the Prem if we get there. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dames said:

Going back, Cottee and Nugent were the same.

"Why are we signing shite like that?"

Turns out I'm a terrible judge of player and Cottee, Nugent and Winks rapidly became my favourite players!

I swear to god, if we sign that bloody Mbappe, I'm done :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 03/12/2023 at 17:39, Dames said:

On 03/12/2023 at 21:28, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Same to be fair, even called out that he was just an English Mendy like player in the early games. 

Egg properly on face. 

He has so much to his game that I hadn't noticed. Just class, does the dirty work and has the ability to get up the field. One of those guys that glides over the pitch, and just makes it look easy even after 90 minutes. 

Thank fvck he signed for us and not another team chasing promotion, he will be worth a shed load of points this season and could easily cut it in the Prem if we get there. 

To be fair that was valid though. He'd been peripheral at Spurs for a couple of years. Even when he was playing for them regularly can't say I ever noticed him or his skill set. Then he was out on loan at Sampdoria where he was injured a bit and got relegated. 1 year left on his contract and seemingly no other interest in him and we sign him for £8-10m. On those measures it didn't look a great signing/it looked like Spurs swindled us a bit. 

We were linked with him previously and at the time most thought it would have been a bit of a meh signing, including myself, so wasn’t particularly excited when we got him at the start of the season.

i think I was influenced by watching him alongside Henderson in a turgid England side, and then the fact that he lost his place in the spurs side under conte. 

Thought he was overrated, if reasonably tidy, and coming here was simply because nobody else wanted him and his career was fizzling out.

i was so wrong, from the outset he impressed and has gotten so important to how we play. I was even more surprised when I realised he is still only 27,. We have got a bargain and he is here in his prime years.

not only is he tremendous on the pitch, but seems to be loving it here and embodies the new team spirit that we seem to have now.

• Like 4

Some players just need a change of scenery, especially if they have come through the academy at a club. Of our current squad Iheanacho and Praet seem two straight away that have been here a few years, an probably just need to move away to step up a level/ just get fit again and play.

• Like 1

He's a throwback to being a great solid pro who's not in the game for Instagram clicks & Tiktok memes.  I too thought his signing was "meh" & now I have a growing man crush for how wonderful he is in this side.  Iconic that he should be celebrating away at WBA in front of the away end as Vardy did in 14/15.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bob666 said:

He's a throwback to being a great solid pro who's not in the game for Instagram clicks & Tiktok memes.  I too thought his signing was "meh" & now I have a growing man crush for how wonderful he is in this side.  Iconic that he should be celebrating away at WBA in front of the away end as Vardy did in 14/15.

He needs to buy a see-thru designer Ruck-Sack to become a complete Leicester Player.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

To be fair that was valid though. He'd been peripheral at Spurs for a couple of years. Even when he was playing for them regularly can't say I ever noticed him or his skill set. Then he was out on loan at Sampdoria where he was injured a bit and got relegated. 1 year left on his contract and seemingly no other interest in him and we sign him for £8-10m. On those measures it didn't look a great signing/it looked like Spurs swindled us a bit. 

Even Spurs fans were joking they thought they'd paid us the £8m mentioned to take him.

3 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Even Spurs fans were joking they thought they'd paid us the £8m mentioned to take him.

And look what we have. Someone who wouldn’t look out of place in our recent premiership sides alongside the likes of Tielemans Maddison and the like. He has fitted in so quickly and become a fan favourite. Lad has done good and I hope he leads us to a resurgence in the top league. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

And look what we have. Someone who wouldn’t look out of place in our recent premiership sides alongside the likes of Tielemans Maddison and the like. He has fitted in so quickly and become a fan favourite. Lad has done good and I hope he leads us to a resurgence in the top league. 

Alongside Tielemans?  He's better than that 😁. If we'd have had him last year, or even just Maresca, Tielemans would had been nowhere near the side.

• Haha 1

I'd seen him play for Spurs and thought he was a very good and tidy player.

Like a lot of players breaking through from the youth ranks it's hard to make that impact like he's done here.  

I think he can influence games even more further up the pitch and I'd like to see him step out more.

I also think he's going to be here for a long time. So good luck to him.

• Like 1