Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

28 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Went missing after his blunder 

brilliant player but today concerns me for next season 

mistakes happen, you dust yourself down and crack on 

After the mistake our players didn’t use him as much to take the pressure off abit

• Haha 1

We will concede goals like that this season. Inevitable. Isn't the first time, won't be the last. Shame it happened to Winks but thankfully didn't affect the result- bloke's got more than enough credit in the bank for anyone to get wound up about it.

• Like 3

Some serious overreactions on here. Nobody’s called for him to be dropped, transfer listed or shit or anything daft like that. Some have purely just commented it was a bad mistake and are getting told to go and support other teams!

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Some serious overreactions on here. Nobody’s called for him to be dropped, transfer listed or shit or anything daft like that. Some have purely just commented it was a bad mistake and are getting told to go and support other teams!

Nobody is saying it wasn't a mistake, that is beyond dispute. lol

But pretending it's a product of how we play reeks of an agenda looking for justification, and that is the point of contention I would argue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nobody is saying it wasn't a mistake, that is beyond dispute. lol

But pretending it's a product of how we play reeks of an agenda looking for justification, and that is the point of contention I would argue.

Of course. And you’re an extremely balanced poster by nature so I’m sure we have the same view, it was a bad mistake but as I say, no reason to hound Winks out and nobody is from what I can see. 

I mean posts like one that just said ‘not good enough’. To me, that just refers to the implementation of the passage of play which yes, wasn’t good enough. And the poster was told to go and support another team?

Im sure some will use it as fuel for an agenda against the style of play. They are entitled to that view anyway and we know there are a section of supporters who just won’t get behind the style. Of course, as is regularly said on here, the benefits and goals scored as a result of the build up (including the second in the game yesterday), outweigh the odd times it goes wrong like the Watford goal so to those of us who are balance and supportive of what is happening, there is no cause for concern or change.

• Like 1

The sheer amount of passes he plays and his constant availability to receive the ball means he’s always likely to be caught out at some point. Haven’t watched it back but seemed at the time like he’d maybe caught the floor a bit, hence the underpowered pass. 

The guy has been as consistent as anyone in the league this season and is integral to the success of this team as anyone. He’s also one of the most honest players you could ever hope to have; he’ll own the mistake, apologise and use it as the catalyst for further great performances. 

That it hasn’t happened sooner is impressive. He is always willing to receive the ball in tight situations and helps take the pressure off his teammates. As much as the manager loves him, I bet his teammates can’t speak highly enough of him. 

We’re extremely lucky to have him. 

• Like 1

It was an uncharacteristic error from an unbelievable player.

It happens, didn’t affect the result and can’t see it affecting anything going forward.

He’s been the heartbeat of our team and I’ve no concerns about him bossing games in the PL (assuming we get there) 

• Like 2

We’ve conceded goals like this before this season 

I remember at Burnley, home to yanited - there are others.  

it’s the new way of playing 

kids are coached to play this way if they are of a decent standard 

if you’re of a mindset that it frustrates the life out of you because you would prefer us to have a 50/50 on the half way line from a kick out then the next decade is going to be a problem for you 

Can’t believe the amount of reaction to this error. Yes Winks miscued the pass and it led to a goal. Fortunately it didn’t cost any points. If it had, then it would have been annoying but so many goals are scored from mistakes  somewhere on the pitch.. As for blaming Mads, that move is made many times during a game and except on the odd occasion, does not cause a panic. We won and carry on rocking back to the PL. Winks has had a tremendous season and will continue to be influential for City. 

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Of course. And you’re an extremely balanced poster by nature so I’m sure we have the same view, it was a bad mistake but as I say, no reason to hound Winks out and nobody is from what I can see. 

I mean posts like one that just said ‘not good enough’. To me, that just refers to the implementation of the passage of play which yes, wasn’t good enough. And the poster was told to go and support another team?

Im sure some will use it as fuel for an agenda against the style of play. They are entitled to that view anyway and we know there are a section of supporters who just won’t get behind the style. Of course, as is regularly said on here, the benefits and goals scored as a result of the build up (including the second in the game yesterday), outweigh the odd times it goes wrong like the Watford goal so to those of us who are balance and supportive of what is happening, there is no cause for concern or change.

Writing 'not good enough' in my view is saying a player isn't good enough, which is hilarious. However, I'm pretty sure they were joking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bmt said:

Writing 'not good enough' in my view is saying a player isn't good enough, which is hilarious. However, I'm pretty sure they were joking.

Different interpretations then. I just took it to mean the ‘play’ was not good enough. Which of course it wasn’t but as I said above, not a reason to change what we are doing especially when the same player in the same scenario was key to our second goal. 

I agree that the poster was probably not being serious and/or only meant it in the way I have said. I do think the poster who told them to go and support another team however was being serious which is what I was picking up on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We’ve conceded goals like this before this season 

I remember at Burnley, home to yanited - there are others.  

it’s the new way of playing 

kids are coached to play this way if they are of a decent standard 

if you’re of a mindset that it frustrates the life out of you because you would prefer us to have a 50/50 on the half way line from a kick out then the next decade is going to be a problem for you 

Agree, my daughter is coached to play like this, to be technically good in tight areas and play through the press. I think they’d rather them play like this and make mistakes instead of panicking and booting it long, giving away possession repeatedly. 

• Like 1

He was on autopilot. Kick back to Mads. Mads wasn't there. A momentary brain fart. He'll learn from it. He's integral to the way we play. I hope we can find cover within the squad to give him a break when he needs it, cos when Winks hasn't played, we have looked a much lesser team.

When he made that pass he was not looking, think him and KDH get through that much work on the pitch sometimes they just auto pass to where they think the player is and it only takes a second.

We all get slightly complacent at times no matter how good we can be at doing what we are doing,.....damn, I've watched too much politicing on the TV of late