Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

On 08/04/2024 at 17:15, JonesLCFC said:

Say what you like about Stringer, but he provided some absolute top-notch commentary at times and was clearly very passionate about the club.

Allez le Bleu! Allez le Bleu!       :knockyhat:

Does anyone have a link to that YouTube video where that lad is listening live and shouts you bastards! When we score?

Always cracks me up that

4 hours ago, davieG said:

In the interview, the centre-back also touched on the time Leicester pipped Mauricio Pochettino’s Spurs side to the Premier League title.

Since when has 'pipped' been 10 points+ and one league placing?

And  “pipped” to the title …. by finishing third lol

Edited by Mike Oxlong

42 minutes ago, Koke said:

Screenshot_20240411_084306_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ad843c605c040b059ecc775e76e97e23.jpg

Hilarious to me that he always celebrated those goals against us like a trophy every time. What a sad, sad little life, Kane :D 

On 08/04/2024 at 18:05, UniFox21 said:

There is way more to it, this isn't the main reason his time at RL was ended 

On 08/04/2024 at 18:33, Paninistickers said:

Pray tell...

There's some proper juice here and you're dangling it in front of us all. 

:revenge:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Oh yeah all those last minute wins!

They must be referring to that very narrow 4-0 late win against Swansea. Or that 2-0 win over Sunderland…

Or Leicester 1-0 Southampton (38th min) or Palace 0-1 Leicester (34th minute) or was it the wins over Newcastle and Watford (25th min and 56th min) lol

Literally had one late winner in that run of months against Norwich!

Don’t let facts get in the way of how hard done by spurs were, I mean they finished 3rd because there were two better teams throughout the season, had those two teams not competed they would have been top! 

17 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

There's some proper juice here and you're dangling it in front of us all. 

:revenge:

unifox might be right in the estimatation that there's far more to it. He clearly knows something!

Whistleblower is a red herring. Product placement is also a red herring. I think it's maybe a play for a fat cheque pay off, if he's wise. That's hearsay, no evidence to back that up. 

Something a little more lighthearted, but is Patrick Kisnorbo full of shit?

I do have a connection of a person, who knows a person sort of thing, although never actually met the guy myself. The person who knows him in a professional capacity has always said he’s full of crap. Any then I saw this, does anyone remember him getting a 7 game ban?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4pgAkgyjfd/?igsh=ampucHI0Y3VieWVx

32 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I do have a connection of a person, who knows a person sort of thing, although never actually met the guy myself. The person who knows him in a professional capacity has always said he’s full of crap. Any then I saw this, does anyone remember him getting a 7 game ban?

Think he used to be full of shit, but now he's alright.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I meet him a few times in Vice Versa on a Thursday night in Loughborough, with McCauley and Stearman. Drunk ….. wondered why we got relegated :dunno:

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Which gaffer is he on about ? He was signed by Levein and played between 2005-2009. And yeah I don't remember him getting a 7 week ban.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Which gaffer is he on about ? He was signed by Levein and played between 2005-2009. And yeah I don't remember him getting a 7 week ban.

The editing of the clip though means that 7 week ban may not have been at Leicester but I think it’s bullshit 

Edited by CosbehFox

21 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Momo Sylla & Paddy McCarthy had an almighty bust up, imagine that’s what he’s referring to there. 

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-efl-gaffe-9226220?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3A3EqxkAMxk_gaAeNshNzc5tDlyPz7MBYGl11OSRkc4vOfrYLvCyh4FbY_aem_AVHDYJ3InUyGjNMgwAQsolKJURGa3U45e2KZOknGl9WXODzyWBZEpFTjU7S97DQW4VKTRay7y61tH4CglhL8StO0

Leicester City notebook: EFL gaffe, board pressure, Southampton signing, Jamie Vardy plan
The latest news from inside the club, looking at Enzo Maresca's reflections on the financial impact of promotion, a reshuffle in the recruitment department, and Jamie Vardy's possible final year

Bookmark
Comments
SPORT
OPINION
ByJordan Blackwell
16:26, 15 APR 2024

There is no pressure on Leicester City to get promoted this season. That was Enzo Maresca’s message in his first pre-match press conference of the campaign, prior to the win over Coventry.

“I feel no pressure,” he said. “The only pressure is to see the team improving. There is no pressure from the club saying: ‘We need to get promoted.’ Nobody said: ‘This is the only target we have.’”

That kind of talk feels a world away now. Such are City’s concerns around the Profit and Sustainability regulations that failure to go up this season could see the team stripped back to its bare bones to avoid potential breaches in the future.

But still, nobody from the hierarchy has emphasised to Maresca just how important ascent to the Premier League is. That’s not to say he doesn’t understand.

“For sure I think the promotion can help the club in terms of the economic situation,” the manager said last week. “For sure we’re going to try to help the club to come back into the Premier League.

“But they didn’t mention to me that we need to get promoted. But we can understand that, where we are now, we’re going to try to bring this club where it was last year. Hopefully we can do it.”

City at least know that only their own form matters now, with the EFL unable to deduct points from them this season, even if an independent commission finds the club guilty of a Premier League financial regulations breach. Rather embarrassingly for the league, they had to admit they didn’t know their own rules last Friday and were forced to backtrack on EFL chief executive Trevor Birch’s plans to apply a Premier League sanction on City this term.

Reacting to that news, Maresca said: “The statement was very good news for us. Hopefully now we can win the last four games, finish well, and reach our target.”

Scouting changes as Southampton spotter recruited

Not too long ago City were advertising for new scouts in their recruitment department and it seems there has been a reshuffle. Henry Brown, who has been a first-team technical scout at the club since 2019, has now stepped up to become lead UK scout. Meanwhile, the excellently-named Adam Fox has swapped his role as a technical scout to become the club’s senior emerging talent identifier for players aged 17 to 21.

Elsewhere, a new face has been brought into the club. Last month, Peter Thompson joined City as a recruitment data scientist from promotion rivals Southampton. City’s head of recruitment Martyn Glover worked at the Saints before moving to the King Power Stadium.

Vardy tifo planned to celebrate striker’s potential final season

Jamie Vardy’s contract ends this summer and with City under an embargo amid financial concerns, it’s not yet clear if he will be offered an extension. If this is to be his final season at the club, fan group Union FS are hoping to make sure he goes out with a celebration of his incredible career at the King Power Stadium, and with an acknowledgement from supporters of the joy he’s brought to them over the past 12 years.

They’re in the process of organising a tifo for one of City’s remaining home matches, and have crowdfunded more £4,600 – surpassing their £3,000 target – to make it. However, they’re still waiting on confirmation from the club that it can go ahead.

They said last week: “Thank you to everyone for the generous donations. We have worked hard to source material at short notice and prep work is well underway. There has been limited communication from LCFC so as of yet there is no confirmation of a date for the display to happen.”