Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

46 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Was shocked to hear his commentating on the Cov Leeds game on the ITV highlights show. 

Sounds so awkward. 

Took me a while to realise it was him. Sounds very different when not on the radio. 

Aside from the cheesy one liners, he's actually a decent radio sports commentator IMO, however I'm not sure his style of commentating suits TV highlights very well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Took me a while to realise it was him. Sounds very different when not on the radio. 

Aside from the cheesy one liners, he's actually a decent radio sports commentator IMO, however I'm not sure his style of commentating suits TV highlights very well.

Exactly what i thought. 

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Was shocked to hear his commentating on the Cov Leeds game on the ITV highlights show. 

Sounds so awkward. 

He did sound a bit odd, but it was actually (dare i say it) quite a refreshing style. Stylistically like the over dubbing you get on those red bull go kart race things. Or, for older readers, Peter Purvis on Kick Start.

Whistleblower tho, ffs. What a melt. 

Edited by Paninistickers
Purvis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I thought he was pretty good. How long has he been doing it?

He certainly had the knack of commentating like an actual commentator and not straying away from his job to let emotions take over or be over-excited like other commentators.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

This is way less juicy than some of the rumours being spread at the time. It almost makes me feel bad for him. 

There is way more to it, this isn't the main reason his time at RL was ended 

1 hour ago, JonesLCFC said:

Say what you like about Stringer, but he provided some absolute top-notch commentary at times and was clearly very passionate about the club.

Allez le Bleu! Allez le Bleu!       :knockyhat:

He also produced some absolute Partridge beauties. Waffling on about the most inane rubbish 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When be first joined RL, I found his commentary a refreshing change. He was different and added a bit of excitement to the otherwise mundane.

As others have stated, I’m guessing more stuff that either hasn’t, or can’t be discussed and that’s why he’s no longer working for the BBC.

21 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Gary Lineker is set to be dragged into the employment tribunal of a BBC journalist who was sacked for misuse of social media.

In October 2021, Agenda noted that popular Leicester City reporter Ian Stringer had not been heard on the airwaves for several weeks.

It can now be revealed Radio Leicester bosses had launched an investigation into Stringer.

Stringer, who ran a series of marathons for charity, was accused of accepting items including running shoes, sunglasses and a watch and tweeting his thanks to the companies involved, in what officials say was a breach of policy. 

Former Foxes striker Lineker is understood to have voiced concerns to director general Tim Davie, who commented that the sacking seemed harsh. Proceedings are due to start next Monday.

Stringer is claiming unfair dismissal and is also alleging that the BBC failed to protect a whistleblower.

I take it that Stringer was also doing some work for Agenda 

Anyone catch the EFL highlights on itv4?

Stringer was commentating on the Cov game. 

Personally, I like the bloke. Been on RL with him a few times and was always warm and friendly and got to know him a bit on a personal level too. He’s not everyone’s cup of tea and I’m sure he knows that but that’s just life, I guess. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wolfox said:

A wrap of the knuckles might’ve done the trick…. Seems extremely harsh…. 

You have to assume he was warned and continued to promote companies 

You only have to see him on The Apprentice to know he doesn't have any business acumen / common sense 

Not everyones cup of tea and there were faults in his commentary i.e what's the score rather than what's in his sandwiches but clearly a Leicester fan and did provide some excellent exciting commentary 

• Like 1