Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

Just now, filbertway said:

From what I can gather from having a quick look...we played each other once at the same time (twice if you count actually playing each other) between Jan and us winning the league.

Jan 23rd.

HT scores were as follows

Leic 1-0 Stoke.

Palace 1-0 Spurs

The only late winners we scored from Jan onwards as well were

Huth against Spurs away (can’t have been much of a surprise to find out that result though)

Ulloa against Norwich at home

Ulloa penalty against West Ham at home (to draw)

That is it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Listening to that you'd think they scored 30 more goals than us that season, not one.

Nob head.

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

All these Spurs players coming out all of a sudden and acting like this was some mad title race where we had Spurs on our mind every week. Thinking back, I dont actually think we did. We went to WHL and won. We drew with them at home. 

Compare are reaction to beating Man C at the Etihad. The defeat at the Emirates. The 2-0 win against Liverpool. 

Spurs gave us a bit of pressure in the last 2/3 games but it probably was pressure we created for ourselves because we were so close. Each time they had a genuine chance to cut the 5 points down, they faltered. WBA defeat. Chelsea defeat. 

They seem to be recreating history to make themselves feel better for what they feel might have been there best acheivement in finishing third for a "good" squad. Sad really. 

Yes. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. He even said we won last minute 1-0 own goal. Didn't see the whole interview to be honest. Did he refer to their loss at West Ham after our draw with WBA where they blew a chance to go top. Or his ill discipline in their home draw with West Brom that got him banned. Anyway Spurs proved to be flat track bullies that season. 

Guest leatherhead32

regarding ian stringer . he dosnt/didnt commentate on what was happening in our games for long until he got distracted by his real passion ie himself , the only people who i found liked him were people who didnt ever go to a game like neighbours over 70 who also enjoy the talents of andi petres , noel edmunds  paul ogrady , ryan clarke neal , or watch made in essex and other disturbing garbage. shocks me that folk on ere like him but their choise.

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

lol

Spurs won 5-1 once that season, in October, and we played the day before. Was also the period we were scoring/conceding the most goals.

If you look towards the end of the season, the 4-0 he references is stoke, we drew 2-2 the day before and won 4-0 the week after.

During the run in we never played on the same day lol 

Absolute helmet lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leatherhead32 said:

regarding ian stringer . he dosnt/didnt commentate on what was happening in our games for long until he got distracted by his real passion ie himself , the only people who i found liked him were people who didnt ever go to a game like neighbours over 70 who also enjoy the talents of andi petres , noel edmunds  paul ogrady , ryan clarke neal , or watch made in essex and other disturbing garbage. shocks me that folk on ere like him but their choise.

Fair analysis but leave Rylan (national treasure) out of this. 

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Spurs won 5-1 once that season, in October, and we played the day before. Was also the period we were scoring/conceding the most goals.

If you look towards the end of the season, the 4-0 he references is stoke, we drew 2-2 the day before and won 4-0 the week after.

During the run in we never played on the same day lol 

Absolute helmet lol 

And just off the top of my head, did anyone score an OG for us because I can’t recall it. 

21 minutes ago, Bert said:

And just off the top of my head, did anyone score an OG for us because I can’t recall it. 

Olsson in the 2-2 draw at home to West Brom. Deflected shot from Drinkwater to make it 1-1 after 30 minutes. That was the only one.

26 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Olsson in the 2-2 draw at home to West Brom. Deflected shot from Drinkwater to make it 1-1 after 30 minutes. That was the only one.

So barely even an own goal then really! 

Spurs were never going to win it. It was just a narrative created by the Sky-led football media because they’d spent the previous goodness-knows-how-many years telling us that A) the title race is only ever fought  between a handful of teams and B) Tottenham were one of those teams. 

They assumed we would slip up; we didn’t. Boo hoo, you perpetual losers. 

• Like 1