Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

The Leeds fans are saying very similar things about their team and Farke's tactics (one dimension,  no plan B). Ipswich fans are understandably a lot more satisfied with Kieran McKenna, despite their recent drop off.

25 minutes ago, Derby Blue said:

The Leeds fans are saying very similar things about their team and Farke's tactics (one dimension,  no plan B). Ipswich fans are understandably a lot more satisfied with Kieran McKenna, despite their recent drop off.

Southampton fans do not like Russel Martin one little bit. ... same story ...one dimensional !!

• Like 1

I think he's not our manager next season regardless of the league we're in. That's my call. Stay down, he'll walk because he'll go into  ect season in the championship with a worse squad and no backing abd gis reputation will taje more of a battering when we are nowhere near challenging fir pronotion. I don't think he'll fancy managing us in the Premier League with no money spend and a probable points deduction either. Us getting battered every week and being on a pitiful points return willaksi be dreadful fir his reputation.  If he gets us over the line and we go up, he at least has that on his CV to try and get another job, although everyone in this country will be able to see straight through it. 

44 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

How about he stops picking the player missing most of the big chances and looks like he genuinely should be in sunday league? ffs

He's gone full shill

Balague's a grifter. Stopped taking what he has to say seriously when he basically followed his mate to the county to leverage his connections at the club in order to flog his nonsense. 

55 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

How about he stops picking the player missing most of the big chances and looks like he genuinely should be in sunday league? ffs

He has a point, Vardy is as guilty as Daka in this clip, but I would start Vardy Saturday.

Edited by trooky

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Balague's a grifter. Stopped taking what he has to say seriously when he basically followed his mate to the county to leverage his connections at the club in order to flog his nonsense. 

Him and our staff are effectively all mates from coaching courses. The running theme is Pellegrini bizarrely and some coach called Tapia. 

Pellegrini, Maresca, Tapia, Caballero were all at Malaga together

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Even if we get promoted and we crawl over the line, who wants to give him another chance next season?

Yes on the basis of a squad rebuild. He won’t be able to do it with these. The scars are too deep, 4 collapses in 5 years. It’s bigger than Enzo. If they’re planning to use the majority of this squad then Enzo should leave. 

Edited by Lionator

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I never understand this weird viewpoint that the Coach has responsibility for virtually every aspect of what happens on the pitch apart from finishing? 

If the team is systemically bad at finishing, surely that's as much Maresca's responsibility as it is for their (general) success at passing, movement and overall system? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

You're spot on.

The guy is a 'Weapons Grade'  wind up merchant.  

He's just trying to curry favour with Enzo.  We all should just ignore the clown. 

Or some of us reply to his post on 'X'  if you feel strongly about it, point out to him why he's talking boll*cks and tell him to 'do one'.   

I'm taking option one, as he's not worth the typing time.

I've just finished listening to Dominic Wells on the BBC Radio Leics podcast with Owynn and Piper and some of his explanations for why Maresca is doing what he's doing is extremely insightful and to a degree I understand.

However, we've taken 10 points from 10 games and in that time we've stopped scoring and we've started to ship more goals, we leave no stone unturned in our pursuit of losing to any type of team.

If anything I'm becoming more angrier the longer the last two defeats have been. I keep hearing that Millwall and Plymouth are fighting for their lives but that just highlights two inferior teams to us who were under huge pressure and yet they beat us. Why is trying to stay up any easier to get across the line than promotion? We've massively flopped once again, whereas in opening two thirds of the season our record against the fodder of this league was majestic and likewise our away form in general and yet in the last 6 weeks we've become an utter abomination in such circumstances.

Going back to the tactical explanations of Maresca's system, I get that we attack with a 5 and try and defend with a 5 to ensure we aren't out of position as much in either scenario but the elephant in the room currently is we are extremely poor at both elements of the game. 10 games is nearly a quarter of the season and yet over the last 2 months we are tracking just above relegation form, which for this group of players and club is utterly diabolical.

Wells explained that the issue with us for example going with two up front is we have to sacrifice a central midfielder which brings its own problems in the building phase of our play and also it still doesn't increase the number of attackers that we attack in a pack with (5).

My immediate thoughts here are playing to our strengths though. We have on our books collectively the best 4 strikers in the league and a central midfield that's less strong and a selection of wingers that depth wise aren't as strong either. We are essentially relying on players who aren't comfortable at scoring and I think this is very evident. KDH and Mavididi have scored a good amount for their respective positions but went 2 months of struggling and we the team suffered. Our other midfielders and wingers just don't score enough, now this cannot be fixed straight the way so I am now even more certain we should change the way we play a little to try and get across the line with fielding more natural goalscorers.

Cannon simply has to start, he's an instinctive finisher which ironically is what Daka has shown to be in his career if you discount his struggles at Leicester. Importantly, both have excelled in a front two. Daka always played in a two at RB Salzburg and his best games in his 1st season at Leicester tended to be alongside another forward. At the very least this should be the different scenario that Enzo has referred to as us possibly needing to find between now and the end of the season. We're 5 games down the road since he said that before Bristol City and despite losing 3 of those and being behind for large periods, not to mention the two wins where we didn't have it all our own way he's shown scant evidence of a different way of playing.

He seemingly made one minor adjustment that may not have been seen by the naked eye in pushing Ricardo in to the attacking 6 and left us more vulnerable to the counter after we'd gone 1 behind vs Plymouth. I personally think we're mostly vulnerable because of the inverted full back deployment and Wout Faes horrific form. A back to basics approach with defending from a positional point of view but not necessarily in the usage of the ball is long overdue.

The stubbornness of Maresca and him seemingly not having as many players as he needs for this rigid system is as much a warning sign that he's not suitable here in the short to medium term as is the overall poor showing in 2024. I just don't think he's pragmatic enough for either division next season and I'm scared he'll not get us over the line which makes me utterly convinced he should have gone this week, as crazy as that sounds.

• Like 2

At the moment I don't want Maresca even if we get promoted. His style of play is suited for the elite clubs with World class players. I could back him if we had an alternative way of playing when the going gets tough but just don't think it will ever happen. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

People wanting him gone. You know we will just get another Enzo, right?

His ideas aren't the single problem, it's his flat out refusal to alter it despite a dire quarter of the season. Plenty of managers align to his way of playing more with a touch of pragmatism and flexibility.

Our board would be utterly stupid to have not twigged that we have a disconnect with the signings we often make and the rigid way the managers we appoint play, it's stupidity.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I get that we attack with a 5 and try and defend with a 5 to ensure we aren't out of position as much in either scenario but the elephant in the room currently is we are extremely poor at both elements of the game.

This is part of the problem. Sometimes we attack with 5, sometimes 6. He mentions this alot. But it just means its always the same players allowed to attack and they're trying the same things every match the whole system is predictable. We need to move the opposition more through our players movement, not just moving the football.

• Like 2