Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Are they chances when it’s Daka though? 

True, it’s not just him that’s missed them in the last 10 games. Mavadidi and vardy have been guilty too.

51 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Make a wrong a right Top and get this absolute chancer out of the club. Get him out asap.

Can’t afford to get rid of him and his staff.Lumbered with him for 6 more games.

21 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

I understand people saying you can’t sack Enzo with 4 games left but, I think most of us expect that (regardless of what league we are in next season) he won’t be manager so we are delaying the inevitable.

This season - from being so well placed to failing to lay a glove on Millwall and Plymouth-is a slow motion car wreck. And next season you wait for the EFL to hammer us.

It may sound like I am being entitled but we have to get promoted. Manager and most of the  players don’t seem to have grasped that.

We are not getting promoted, like another poster put, this is a downward spiral that’s been going on far too long, this is not turning round. We might beat Blackburn when the top 2 chances have gone but that’s it.

Maybe if you had rotated more in the 2nd half of the season like you should have this wouldn't have become a problem then?!

It is quite literally your own fault that this is a problem - not like those you are actually choosing look to be physically prepared anyway

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/enzo-maresca-explains-complicated-lack-9222823

Explaining his team selection amid three games in a week, Maresca said: “I spoke with some of them, they all said that they were recovered and they were okay. The reason why we changed three players was because of that.

“At this stage of the season, to make six or seven changes, probably it’s difficult compared to the beginning of the season when we did it many times. Now it’s more complicated. The reason why is that the players who are playing now are physically a little bit more prepared compared to the players that are a long time not getting minutes.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Maybe if you had rotated more in the 2nd half of the season like you should have this wouldn't have become a problem then?!

It is quite literally your own fault that this is a problem - not like those you are actually choosing look to be physically prepared anyway

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/enzo-maresca-explains-complicated-lack-9222823

Explaining his team selection amid three games in a week, Maresca said: “I spoke with some of them, they all said that they were recovered and they were okay. The reason why we changed three players was because of that.

“At this stage of the season, to make six or seven changes, probably it’s difficult compared to the beginning of the season when we did it many times. Now it’s more complicated. The reason why is that the players who are playing now are physically a little bit more prepared compared to the players that are a long time not getting minutes.”

Oh my God. How to say 'I've ****ed up massively" in manager speak. That's actually incredible. Showing his utter naivety, there.

15 minutes ago, Ian S said:

We might beat Blackburn when the top 2 chances have gone but that’s it.

We are more likely to win the next 2 and lose Preston and Blackburn, Blackburn might need points so will come low block, hit on the counter, Wooly haired twat shouts at someone, so predictable! 

Playing other teams who try to dominate may suit us better now. 

He's already said this less than two weeks ago, nothing is changing no matter the results

"I can understand sometimes that they want us to attack more direct. But it’s not going to happen, never, while I’m here."

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Ian S said:

We are not getting promoted, like another poster put, this is a downward spiral that’s been going on far too long, this is not turning round. We might beat Blackburn when the top 2 chances have gone but that’s it.

Shouldn’t let it get to me but I am fewmin.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Last few games, Leeds and Ipswich both look nervy and tired. I presume last nights result will spur them on, but i wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of them drop points today.

We looked good in our last 2 home games. There is every chance we can win all 3 remaining ones. I honestly don't know - i've given up predicting anything. It's a gigantic uncontrollable mess.

But i actually dont think its over.

I think you've coversd all bases there ! :ph34r:

I have no, or very little faith in this side, with a style that's so easy to play against, getting more than a couple of draws & possibly beating Blackburn in a meaningless finalé.

The play offs will not be an easy watch, a toxic atmosphere l imagine, as we limp out feebly in the semis. I hope I'm wrong, of course.

I am back to where l was for the most of last season.......not liking my club. It stinks from the top downwards.

I know football is an emotional rollercoaster, but something is clearly wrong & has been for a long time.

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Last few games, Leeds and Ipswich both look nervy and tired. I presume last nights result will spur them on, but i wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of them drop points today.

We looked good in our last 2 home games. There is every chance we can win all 3 remaining ones. I honestly don't know - i've given up predicting anything. It's a gigantic uncontrollable mess.

But i actually dont think its over.

Yeah I remember you saying we were going to win 3 nil you felt it in your bones, we will be in the play offs if both Leeds and Ipswich win the next matches we wont beat Southampton and will struggle against WBA we could limp in 2nd if either leeds or Ipswich drop points your right it's a mess

Was in our hotel this morning getting served by a Plymouth fan who to be fair seemed very knowledgeable about football.

He asked why we have the best right back in the league who is brilliant going forward but don’t play him there. Didn’t really know how to answer about from expletives about our manager.

I think Enzo's tenure is coming to a close, however he has to remain in place until the end of the season now as I have zero confidence the board have a back up plan and we'd face a similar situation to last season where they'd take forever finding a replacement effectively forfeiting a couple of games which we simply cannot afford right now. 

The current state of the this club is truly beyond a joke. 

He has these last four games to reverse this he downturn I imagine. Would changing the manager now even do anything? Especially if the players actually like Enzo?

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

He has these last four games to reverse this he downturn I imagine. Would changing the manager now even do anything? Especially if the players actually like Enzo?

No chance we change Enzo now, he could reasonably still get us promoted.

I'd even argue the club won't get rid of him in the summer if we don't go up, he could walk though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Top of the league with 4 matches to go and you want the manager sacked lol

Yes it does seem ludicrous but if we want automatic promotion is he the man I doubt it now if we end up in the play offs we wont progress he wont change anything let's hope we can at least limp into 2nd some how