Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Maybe this is just pure hindsight but the more I think about it, the more remarkable it seems that with so much riding on promotion, we gave the job to an unflinching ideologue with 14 senior games under his belt. Under normal circumstances it would be much easier to focus on the positives/potential and write his shortcomings off as being part of his development, but we are incredibly ill-placed to give him time to learn on the job, if indeed he is capable of learning.

• Like 2

I know it’s easy to say now but something just hasn’t felt right from that very first game against Cov but it was easier to ignore when we were winning every week.

So many signs throughout the season that this was going to go tits up!

• Like 3

The scant consolation I can find is that the football gods are saving us from ourselves..

Promotion means 100m,. financial salvation,. relegation again but 10+ years of Thai worship 

Failure means catastrophic financial meltdown,. probable Luton style penalty down the Divisions....but the likelihood is we'll reform and rise through the divisions in the next decade under new.ownership

What I can't understand still, is that he must be a football fan as well as a employee of the game. So if you're a fan why produce and enforce some of the most negative anti football I've ever seen?! 

It's just an updated tony pulis philosophy of **** entertainment and grind results, which is now backfiring.

He has made me hate watching my club right now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’ll hold my hands up and say in was “Brendan out” too late. I thought back then that there was no better alternative and the easiest thing was to persist.

Whatever happens in the next 4-7 games, I’m now convinced Enzo’s not got what it takes. Looks a good coach, but his inability to motivate pre-match, make decisions during the match and respond post-match will hold him back as a manager. 

He’s stubborn, arrogant and has lost the players.

I wouldn’t be against someone else taking the last 4 games but realistically he’ll be gone in the summer whatever happens and we’ll be back to square one. 

He’s not the manager for us, it was good while we was playing well but he won’t changed the formation or tactics,  this will continue till he’s gone. It’s unforgivable to not win the league never mind finishing 2nd or 3rd from the position we were in. I’ve not even enjoyed it this season that’s when as fans you know there’s something wrong.

• Like 2

Was crying for fresh legs from the start last night. But no we had to endure the same turgid crap with same gutless players.

Why the club feels the need for us having to try and play total football with bang average footballers. It's so hard to do. Rodgers failed and this season is a farce.

I would rather we go back to 30% possession and play on the break. That is our real trademark. We still sing about it in our Vichai chant for example. It was us at our very best. 

• Like 1

Couple of things he said this season that were major red flags.

One was the magnificent breakaway goals v West Brom and Brum. He bizarrely and openly said he didn't like nor want to play like that. Basically the only excitement we've had this season he hated 

Second was the ridiculous comment belittling the Leeds game. I remember thinking, wtf have you said that for? It's asking for trouble. Always, always respect the opponent. 

The man would rather lose than win. His philosophy is more important than winning. This is football sacrilege. Even Peter Taylor wasn't that stupid. At least he wanted to win, but was just too useless to do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Couple of things he said this season that were major red flags.

One was the magnificent breakaway goals v West Brom and Brum. He bizarrely and openly said he didn't like nor want to play like that. Basically the only excitement we've had this season he hated 

Second was the ridiculous comment belittling the Leeds game. I remember thinking, wtf have you said that for? It's asking for trouble. Always, always respect the opponent. 

The man would rather lose than win. His philosophy is more important than winning. This is football sacrilege. Even Peter Taylor wasn't that stupid. At least he wanted to win, but was just too useless to do it.

What is it with these managers, the example you've given along with Rodgers throwing a strop and kicking water bottles in that game against West Brom during Covid.

If anyone needs any proof this style, the style these managers want is disgusting, boring, stifling and just not very good or enjoyable there we have it in a nutshell.

Enzo is just a Pound Land Pep. He needs to stop trying to copy Man City. They have Haaland, we have Daka. 
At this point he should be trying anything to get a result. Going 2 up top, throwing forward a centre back or trying a shot without the 50 sideways and back passes beforehand. We are far too predictable.

Coady, Cannon, Albrighton, Nacho and Wanya must be wondering why they cannot get a game.

It seems that Enzo’s philosophy and stubbornness means more to him right now than the club getting promoted. 

• Like 2

But off the ball the team recovers a lot of ball, we pressed very high. We were very intense. On the ball, we created chances. So I don’t see a big difference between tonight’s game and the previous games, in terms of when we started the season. Tonight, if we win the game, you are probably talking about the performance, the chances we created, the way we dominated, the way we pressed.

leicestermercury.co.uk

The fact Enzo doesn’t even recognise the fact we are not playing good enough, can’t tell the difference between the performances at the beginning of the season and our last 10 games is shocking. 
It is this delusion that we are playing good football and will be fine that makes me want him gone. 
it is a promotion fight & we have no fight. 
The players do still have to take the blame as well, many of them were here last season where they were to good to be relegated

Funnily enough you actually think back to some of the early games in the season (Huddersfield, Cardiff etc. Etc.) We weren't playing particularly well then we were just taking chances better than the opposition. That has now changed, we aren't taking chances and other teams are. 

I don't think the team has EVER really been comfortable with this brand of football we've been playing. We were just more clinical. Since that's changed we've been struggling to create chances like we have done all season. 

• Like 2

Again we are in a position where the manager has lost the fans but to those outside the club the idea of sacking him is probably ridiculous.

With Ranieri, it was because he won the league. With Rodgers, we were challenging for champions league places (when the sack calls first started) and with Enzo we were on our way to record breaking season, already have enough points to secure promotion in other seasons. Surely it would be madness to want the manager gone? Timing is everything in football and we gave timed this slump horribly. 

If we'd gave had similar seasons to Leeds and Ipswich, we've generated the same amount if points as they have. Would there be so much hatred? Probably not. 

I always felt we were always just a few bad results away of losing faith in Enzo. Some people were complaining when we were winning. 

His interviews are as bad as his tactics. He consistently waffles on about ‘issues’ pre match and it feeds into the player. 

As someone currently sat in a Plymouth B & B alongside other City fans who had days off, stayed over or travelled 8 to 9 hours in a day, I didn’t want to hear about the tiredness and scheduling moan pre match. That was ****ing pathetic when Plymouth had the same schedule 

8 hours ago, Corky said:

A shame it has turned out like this because I thought we were good to watch for a while, the team had energy and commitment and some balls had been put back into the club. Also liked him not being afraid to call out the dreadful atmosphere and pathetic fire drills on 85 minutes when the team deserved a whole lot better.

But it is about how you finish and we are finishing terribly. The football has regressed and even if we turn it around, the tide has turned and the fans have gone. Make no mistake, though, if he goes we still have huge problems above that will remain in place.

We need to burn the place down and start again - the back room operation, the culture, everything. We were once lauded as being cutting edge and innovative at everything. Now it’s regressed to being a shambles on and off the pitch.

I really think that King Power need to go as well. Will be forever grateful for what Vichai did, but enough is enough. This all starts at the top - literally in our case. 

• Like 2