Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

So many negative threads to choose from, I didn't know which one to put this in. 

But annoys how strong our defence could be if we stuck with traditional methods. 

Ricardo, Souttar, coady, Justin or Kristiansen may have stayed. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

So many negative threads to choose from, I didn't know which one to put this in. 

But annoys how strong our defence could be if we stuck with traditional methods. 

Ricardo, Souttar, coady, Justin or Kristiansen may have stayed. 

A robust, no nonsense defence. Weaknesses all covered. Strengths maximised.

Long throw and set pieces?  

Souttar's there. Organisation? Coady . Recovery runs and pace? Ricky and JJ overlapping full backs? Any two from VK, JJ and Ricky. 

An orthodox defence. It's all we needed. 

Two of Wilf, Winks and Hamza sitting in midfield.

KDH, Stephy, Kels, Vards, Dennis or even Ricky if not at full back rotating the attacking midfield slots and strikers, dependent on formation and opposition 

It's so fcking mind numbingly easy. All players have to do the hard yards. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Again we are in a position where the manager has lost the fans but to those outside the club the idea of sacking him is probably ridiculous.

With Ranieri, it was because he won the league. With Rodgers, we were challenging for champions league places (when the sack calls first started) and with Enzo we were on our way to record breaking season, already have enough points to secure promotion in other seasons. Surely it would be madness to want the manager gone? Timing is everything in football and we gave timed this slump horribly. 

If we'd gave had similar seasons to Leeds and Ipswich, we've generated the same amount if points as they have. Would there be so much hatred? Probably not. 

I always felt we were always just a few bad results away of losing faith in Enzo. Some people were complaining when we were winning. 

Going back further the rest of the country couldn’t understand us wanting Peter Taylor out when we were top six, fans collectively are never wrong, we see it coming, and sadly we’re seeing it again. Football is cyclical as we know, if United or Liverpool for example have a downturn it means 7th, for us it means relegation and 10 years of obscurity. I’ll always watch us though, league we’re in doesn’t bother me so long as the football has me oohing and aahing not as is currently the case yawning. I find Man City boring too by the way and they win everything.

Fed up even making half hearted excuses for him now. Just a matter of time before our clueless Board get rid…..2 years sounds about par for the course with them!

If this was the relegation zone we were slipping towards he would have been sacked, but it’s no different really.

We have to go up. We have the players to go up, but the manager is holding us back with his stubbornness and inexperience (or sheer incompetence).

Can we afford to sack him? Can we afford not to? There is not a chance in hell we get promoted without changes…and those changes are not coming from the manager.

Its’s staring us in the face, but unfortunately our board can’t see things in front of their face, what with it being buried deep in sand and all.

• Like 4

Thing is, how many people genuinely think we will go up? 

Surely it’s already over? Our form since Christmas has been ****ing dreadful, it’s not even form it’s a rut. 

We’re just sleepwalking our way into another disaster. 

7 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

He thinks the performance was good … 

Still down in Plymouth and not managed to hear what he said afterwards, please tell me he didn’t actually say that.

Chop him now and get Cooper in for Monday morning - more chance of going up that way.

Worst case, we would have a competent manager with a spine of Coady, Souttar, Winks and Cannon to start again. 

Edited by Jazzy_Jeff