Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Let's bring in Luka Jovic.

Because why the fxxk not?

He's gone to shit you say? 5 year contract it is!

Would be classic Leicester to continue the trait of signing strikers that are better in a front two than as a lone striker and then never deploy that system 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Victor Guzman - Monterrey - RCB

In Liga MX this season...

Accurate Passes - 91.46%

Accurate Forward Passes - 85.74%

Accurate Passes To Final Third - 79.71%

Accurate Progressive Passes - 79.06%

Accurate Long Passes - 63.04%

Successful Defensive Duels - 79%(Ranks 1st of players to play 2000+ minutes in Liga MX)

Successful Aerial Duels - 62.93%

Took a look at him the other night and was seriously impressed with his duelling ability. Dominant, intelligent and quick. 

Also statistically one of the best defenders in the league from playing out from the back. 

• Like 4

Sorry if this isn't allowed. Not a rumour, but I'd have him back here no worries, especially for first season back in the prem. Not a glamorous player but I remember him being great for us, choice over vardy for a period of time, and he knows where the net is

59 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Victor Guzman - Monterrey - RCB

In Liga MX this season...

Accurate Passes - 91.46%

Accurate Forward Passes - 85.74%

Accurate Passes To Final Third - 79.71%

Accurate Progressive Passes - 79.06%

Accurate Long Passes - 63.04%

Successful Defensive Duels - 79%(Ranks 1st of players to play 2000+ minutes in Liga MX)

Successful Aerial Duels - 62.93%

Took a look at him the other night and was seriously impressed with his duelling ability. Dominant, intelligent and quick. 

Also statistically one of the best defenders in the league from playing out from the back. 

You watch Liga MX? 👀 

Chris Wood is one of the least kind of forwards that would suite Enzo's style. I remember when we just used to pump long balls up to him in the hope he'd win something in the air. Decent finisher, but I'm afraid not one I'd get excited over. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Phenom said:

You watch Liga MX? 👀 

He showed up well on Wyscout, so had a thorough look at him on there 👍🏻

26 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Kieran Tierney seems to think his Arsenal career is over. Cheeky loan, perhaps? Good footballer.

Somebody I’ve contemplated for that LCB/LB slot, would be absolutely ideal as he’s played both those roles in recent years.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, kingfox said:

He showed up well on Wyscout, so had a thorough look at him on there 👍🏻

Somebody I’ve contemplated for that LCB/LB slot, would be absolutely ideal as he’s played both those roles in recent years.

He’s made of weetabix. Pass.

Ben Davies available from Spurs, would much rather him for that role. 

• Like 2

I think Davies is the least exciting of the pair but like you say if someone gives Tierney a funny look he'll be out for the rest of the season and Davies has filled in at LB and CB if not the hybrid role we utilize.

The thing is with Davies though is he'll cost something because he's got a year on his contract, a loan for Tierney would obviously have no transfer fee attached. The other thing is that at 31 we're unlikely to want to offer anything more than a year and he's unlikely to want a year when he can just sit out his Spurs contract, and Spurs won't see any value in loaning him to anyone. In terms of his attributes, he's also slow as shit (for a fullback if that's where he's deployed), which is a problem that plagues our defence so adding another slug is not really a good look. Unless he's in to replace Vesty so you're going (almost) like for like in that regard.

But he's a decent enough passer and a good crosser. I wouldn't vomit if we got him. Would probably rather him than Faes tbh.

Posted (edited)

Would love to see us bring in both Harrison Burrows and Ronnie Edwards from Peterborough, given they have just been knocked out the play offs, Burrows is out of contract but think we would need to pay compo, but reckon we could get both for around £7.5m and some add ons. 

would be great business and both would no doubt generate significant future profits. We have to be really clever with our recruitment, pick up raw talent for competitive fees and look to create diamonds that we can sell for big profits and reinvest. We have a coach in Enzo who definitely improves players, so if we can nail the recruitment and continue to identify players like Hermansen, Fatawu. Mavididi etc that don’t cost ridiculous money we have every chance of going back to 5/6 years or so where our model was one of the more innovative of the ‘other 14’ 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

He’s made of weetabix. Pass.

Ben Davies available from Spurs, would much rather him for that role. 

Fair point lol 

Regarding Davies as @JimJams said, he’d cost something. Anything over £10 million, then I wouldn’t bother. 

I also see Ricardo Rodriguez of Torino might be available on a free, he’d suit that role too.

18 hours ago, Scotch said:

Dujon Sterling. 

I realise this won't be an attractive or popular suggestion but he has been very good for Rangers this year, not only at RB but probably more so at CM so the RB/CM role that we play would be absolutely ideal for him. 

He's also offered cover at RW and LB this season. Still only 24 and would be relatively cheap. 

Not a glamorous option but more a case of the perfect tool for the job. 

Signed him on fifa... sorry fc24... wasnt that good for me lol

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

One of those players we've been linked with a few times over the years but then when they are available o  a free we'll be nowhere.

Surely he wouldn't come here? His wage demands would be really high and he would want CL football.

• Like 1