Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Patson Daka - Real Betis

https://www.football-espana.net/2024/01/31/real-betis-targeting-move-for-leicester-city-star-as-deal-for-osasuna-marksman-stagnates

Real Betis targeting move for Leicester City star as deal for Osasuna marksman stagnates

Real Betis have struggled to score goals this season, and with Borja Iglesias having now joined Bayer Leverkusen until the summer, it is crucial that they bring in another striker for the second half of the campaign. Club officials have been working on this, although with just over 24 hours to go until the window closes, they are yet to agree terms with anyone.

Osasuna’s Chimy Avila has been their top target, but talks with Osasuna have stagnated in the last couple of days, which has meant that Betis have begun to consider other targets. According to MD, one of those is Leicester City’s Patson Daka, who has just finished playing at the Africa Cup of Nations with Zambia.

Real Betis have contacted Leicester over organising a loan deal, but the clock is ticking in this regard, as they only have until Thursday at midnight to finalise everything. The race is certainly on at Los Verdiblancos.

9 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

He is our best striker, so no. Do they want Nacho instead? 

Definitely not are best striker 3rd best. He’s the most waistful striker we had in years needs bout 5 sitters to score 1. He should be back up at best  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Real Betis sound like a completely gormless outfit based on that article 

And yet in a very similar contractual situation last January they signed Perez for zap all whilst we shell out some dollar for Sensi this window 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Another bloody loan 

As I understand it loans keep the book value of player, so for FFP purposes its easy profit.

For whatever reason we are incapable of clearing out the fringe players permanently (without them running down their contracts first).

Although Daka is probably one of the two strikers I would have in consideration this season, the other being cannon.

Nacho and Vardy the previous first two choices, have fallen of a cliff.

Edited by Chrysalis

14 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

As I understand it loans keep the book value of player, so for FFP purposes its easy profit.

For whatever reason we are incapable of clearing out the fringe players permanently (without them running down their contracts first).

Although Daka is probably one of the two strikers I would have in consideration this season, the other being cannon.

Nacho and Vardy the previous first two choices, have fallen of a cliff.

We do seem to really struggle to sell players on permanent moves. Wonder whether it because we need to either break even or make a profit on what we bought them for, for FFP

I know everybody hates the term but this really is "lazy journalism." Betis need a forward and we've got a reasonably high profile one we looked to be offloading in the summer. It's not exactly like this is a world class source.

They can't afford to buy him for an amount that is profitable for us and Maresca is unlikely to want to loan him now that he's finally a core part of the squad and Iheanacho appears to be frozen out.

Only way I see this happening is if they pay a big enough loan fee and wage contribution that it gets the Sensi deal across the line and we literally have no other way of making that happen financially without doing so.

That seems likely a significant stretch.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Angus Scott said:

This could be a really exciting time to be a Betis fan. Just imagine a strike force of Daka & Perez

Roadrunner and Coyote….

Daka has done enough in the last couple of months to be considered our No1 striker. Fair play to him as well as he seemed completely written off at one stage. 

Get rid of Kelechi- he’s been underwhelming and is out of contract anyway. 

I can see Daka getting another 10-15 goals between now and the end of the season. 

Strikers are confidence players and it’s the first time he’s been high on confidence since we signed him. 

• Like 1

He’s capable of scoring 10+ in the PL, Vardy probably isn’t anymore and Cannon is totally unproven. Iheanacho’s contract is up in the summer.

Selling puts us in a worse position on the summer. He seems happy enough being a rotation option too, doesn’t make sense to shift unless we’re properly in the shit - in that case sack Rudkin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1