Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Quarter Finals

We have now reached a quarter final in one competition or another for the eighth successive season - 11 qfs in all during that time starting with the Champions League in 2016/17.

That is some feat… and worth shouting about.

Shame we have only won three of them (for the record: Everton - on pens - in 2019/20 EFL Cup, Man Utd in 2020/21 FA Cup, PSV in 2021/22 Europa Conference League) - though those have all come in the last six, so we’re getting better…

Edited by Hammo
  • Like 2

I assume that there would be questions as to whether we would enter the Europa league if we won the competition due to heavy uefa fines for breaching their ffp regs ???

there was talk ahead of the carabao cup that Chelsea would not take up the Europa league spot if they won for those reasons 

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I assume that there would be questions as to whether we would enter the Europa league if we won the competition due to heavy uefa fines for breaching their ffp regs ???

there was talk ahead of the carabao cup that Chelsea would not take up the Europa league spot if they won for those reasons 

Calm down. With Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and tournament favourites Leeds still in the competition, we are not winning this. Enjoy the ride though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kingfox said:

Man City please.

I’m craving to see Vesty dominate Haaland. 

That would be amazing, Vardy scores, runs over to Haaland points at his foot and then at the goal, Haaland pushes him, little scurfufful,  Haaland sent off, vardy rye smile and a wink.

10 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if there is one game each day Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday

Normally there are no matches on the Monday of an international break, as that is when the players report for duty.

It's possible that the Southampton match gets brought forward a couple of days to the midweek. It's a free midweek for both of us and there is already one Championship match scheduled for the Tuesday. Wednesday for Southampton and Sunday for the Cup probably suits us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Anyone but Man City I guess from your point of view?

So long as you don't reach the FA cup final and need the play-offs as they are on the same weekened!

This would be one mega weekend, I think I’d fly over for it, FA Cup final on the Saturday - win it! Stay on the piss until Monday for the Play off final! Win it and stay on the piss until August!

17 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Normally there are no matches on the Monday of an international break, as that is when the players report for duty.

It's possible that the Southampton match gets brought forward a couple of days to the midweek. It's a free midweek for both of us and there is already one Championship match scheduled for the Tuesday. Wednesday for Southampton and Sunday for the Cup probably suits us.

I doubt Southampton moves forward, it's too short notice. Fans would get proper screwed.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I doubt Southampton moves forward, it's too short notice. Fans would get proper screwed.

Did it with Cov and Maidstone. TV wanted it on the Monday, so that meant Cov v Preston moved to the Friday. Albeit it was already arranged league game. They did it with very little notice given Cov’s fourth round replay 

The draw for the quarter finals of the FA Cup will take place on Wednesday at 19:00 GMT, before Chelsea's tie with Leeds United, which kicks off at 19:30.

It will be live on ITV4 and you can also follow the draw on the BBC Sport website and app.

Former England goalkeeper David Seaman, a four-time FA Cup winner with Arsenal, will conduct the draw.

The ball numbers will be:

1.  Newcastle United

2. Chelsea or Leeds United

3. Leicester City

4. Liverpool or Southampton

5. Nottingham Forest or Manchester United

6. Wolverhampton Wanderers or Brighton & Hove Albion

7. Coventry City

8. Manchester City