Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Millwall (A) - Post match 1-0

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

We wouldn't of scored but it's a big gripe of mine and it's refs blowing up more or less bang on the amount added on. That was 11 seconds after the 7, how is that even possible.

And not that it made a difference, but playing 2 minutes of added on time at the end of the first half, when the Millwall lad who injured his shoulder was on the turf for 4 minutes, was a really confusing choice.

• Like 3

So pathetic. The attitude, the tactics, the subs - all of it woefully lacking. In a match where three points were there for the taking and desperately required, no one turned up. 

Ive seen some shockingly shit performances in our time, that rivalled ones from soon to be relegated sides who had no hope or belief. 

Just fvcking terrible. 

I honestly dont understand what people thought was going to happen tonight. Seen a few people saying we were going to batter them 😂. They were going to boot the shit out of us from minute one and our bunch of fannies cant handle it. 3 rowdy atmospheres (Cov, Leeds, Millwall), 3 defeats. That a coincidence? 

Dont even get me started on Enzo tonight. The most naive tactics about. Game had Connor Coady and a steady head all over it, starts that useless headloss  cvnt Faes instead. Youre going to learn the hard way baldy come the end of the season. The championship is not all about pretty football

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Manc Fox J said:

This has all got very Claude Puel hasn't it? Even if we scrape promotion, I think we need a different manager and a new footballing philosophy, I'm fed up with possession at all costs football.

Puel kept us comfortably mid table in the PL and developed some players. 

We weren't great at all.

But also to consider they've scored a worldie - 90% miss or are saved from that angle. 

Then we've had one off the line.

Stop Mavididi and KDH and we basically have 0 threat. Between the 4 strikers we have, not one of them is reliable 

Centre backs to slow to many touches. Winks to many back passes. Mavididi to many touches to produce nothing. Why do we have a right winger as we don't use one.

Started the game way to slow giving them confidence.

They looked second half like the team from the top.

Enzo's game plan is fvcking awful.

Just now, Claridge said:

Anyone actually like this system ?

I used to really like it, but it just seems so inflexible. Part of the fun of watching football these days is looking at how managers/coaches tweak things to take advantage of opposition. We don't seem to do that at all in 2024.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

I mean, on a basic level, football for a supporter is about entertainment and excitement.

Leicester have offered neither for the best part of two years.

I've been watching Leicester for 35 years, and even down to the league one days, this is the most uninspiring City team I've ever watched.

It's like watching a shit film over and over and over again. 

Watching Leicester is actually bad for your mental health, it's that boring and turgid, it's just shit every single week, even if the results are good on occasion.

There is nothing to like about this team in recent years.  It's a mess.

Exactly this.. I'll support FC Leicester when the current version restarts after folding 🤣

On a serious note though.. bar the few performances in December..  even when we were winning its not been good to watch. Its not football its crap 

Terrible tonight.. mav takes his early chance its a rout.. he fks up, they learn their lesson and win with a worldie.. none of the players or staff have a clue what to do.

• Like 1

The football is boring, the intent lacking, any though of plan B totally absent. 

Players who seem to have no desire to win, a manager who seems a bit our of his depth and a board that can't run a business without losing a fortune.

Club is just in a bad place right now. 

Anyone who gives me the excuse that we were facing Millwall who is in a relegation fight just don’t get it.

We compared Enzo with Pep. Man City never had a problem killing off teams fighting relegation. They dominate. They always look like scoring.

We never looked like scoring until we brought in two forwards, at 87th min.

We struggled to win against the likes of Sheffield Wednesday. We can’t even beat Millwall in the Championship, with a very good squad.

We definitely have a lot of quality, but we just don’t show any urgency. We never mix things up. We never like to play quick transitions. We just like to let opposition teams settle into a “deep defensive shape” which we allow them to before we try to “break” teams down.

This is absolutely Enzo.

Very disappointed that we are throwing this away.

• Like 1