Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

So where do you rank this promotion?

Honestly this season and promotion has felt really weird. I don’t feel elated, more satisfied and relieved. I think it’s something to do with concerns around how the club is being run and the general state of modern football.

Pleased to be back in the top league, no doubt, but also probably the least I’ve celebrated out of any of our previous promotions.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, bovril said:

The crappest without a doubt, for various reasons, but it's a huge relief. 

Really weird, to be on 94 points with 2 games to go.   But I agree, definitely the most boring ... apart from Tuesday night's 5-0, which was brilliant.

Promotions in 1980, 1983, 1994, 1996, 2003, 2009 and  2014 all felt better.

Who cares anyway!  :scarf:

• Like 4

Not really fair to rank... 

Play-Offs are always the best way to go up emotionally, but less impressive than doing it automatically.

Being promoted after years away always feels much bigger than just one year away, but club probably much less well positioned to cope with going up. 

You can't beat the late winners v Derby and Palace, but this is more of a case of being back where we belong and having shed some silly wages, but retaining a broadly Premier League squad, we should be in a much better position than after those promotions so this is one to enjoy. :scarf:

• Like 1

A great season to get promoted- let’s not forget that four way hustle and a team on 90 points may still end up in the play off mire!

Stevie Claridges winner and promotion achieved like that can never ever be beaten for me I’m afraid!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Tbh the Leeds factor makes it pretty enjoyable

As I kid growing up in the 90's I loved that Leeds side full of young, English players so I've never had quite the same hate for them as many do. But the last few months has been pretty tedious as it's been such a Leeds love fest to the point that I'm now so desperate for Ipswich to go up and anyone else to pip them, I think I'd probably enjoy that more than us going up!

Sad, but this promotion has been about necessity since day 1 and that's only become more stark in recent weeks. As has been said, nice that we have shown a little bottle in the past few weeks after such a terrible run. Hope Tuesday was the turning point for Enzo and this team in terms of flexibility as if so, things have a chance of aligning for us.

Emotionally comparatively low. In terms of where it would have left us in the Championship and maybe lower for years may just be the most important promotion in our recent history.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shailen said:

It's been a great season. Don't let the last 10 or so games mask that. We've had four teams collate record amounts of points so it's been exceptional. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Such an underwhelming and meh promotion. I understand the importance of the finances but I'm not hyped up. 

Strange as they're opposites but both very true

21 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Really weird, to be on 94 points with 2 games to go.   But I agree, definitely the most boring ... apart from Tuesday night's 5-0, which was brilliant.

Promotions in 1980, 1983, 1994, 1996, 2003, 2009 and  2014 all felt better.

Who cares anyway!  :scarf:

83 was both brilliant for a 15 game run to get into third, but anticlimatic, because promotion was confirmed a few days later.   Fulham having protested to the football league  that Derby fans ran on the pitch with a minute left to play causing an abandonment. So was a wait for the FL meeting at Lytham St Annes to rubber stamp our promotion 

5 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

As I kid growing up in the 90's I loved that Leeds side full of young, English players so I've never had quite the same hate for them as many do. But the last few months has been pretty tedious as it's been such a Leeds love fest to the point that I'm now so desperate for Ipswich to go up and anyone else to pip them, I think I'd probably enjoy that more than us going up!

Sad, but this promotion has been about necessity since day 1 and that's only become more stark in recent weeks. As has been said, nice that we have shown a little bottle in the past few weeks after such a terrible run. Hope Tuesday was the turning point for Enzo and this team in terms of flexibility as if so, things have a chance of aligning for us.

Honestly I really disliked the O'Leary team and the rimming they used to get in the press, I don't know why. Maybe because they were never as good as people claimed they were. And it's a Yorkshire thing I guess. I think as a supporter of a team like Leicester it irritates you when you see less successful clubs built up just because they are from a big city and won a few trophies some decades ago. 

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

No where near any of the others for some reason I can’t put my finger on, but vital for the club

This is the toughest year ever to get out of this division. 10 years ago over half the league were rubbish. Burnley got promoted and were terrible.

The current team needs more respect, a job well done in the face of a generally poor and exceptionally critical fan base.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2013-14 was probably more emotional rollocoster as we waited so long to get promoted up to the Premier league.

But still a special season. Daft as sounds i would probably rank the league one 08/09 season higher. Mainly cause after many years of dullness we finally seen some success.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Promotion is promotion but I’d say that this one has had the worst football in it out of all I can remember.  It’s an odd thing to say but it felt like we never really got going, we just kept winning whilst not looking great.  We’ve probably had half a dozen really good performances all season.

But we’ve done it now, and I hope there are plans in place to bolster over the summer else next year is gonna be a shoeing most weeks.  But yeah, don’t think I really celebrated it to be honest, it’s a bit empty.

• Like 1