Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Started my new job today after being made redundant a few weeks ago.

Delivery driver for Amazon. It was quite enjoyable actually.

I live in Northampton and turned up at the depot this morning, only to be sent to do my route in Leicester!

After a few years living away from the city, I was called M'duck about 15 times lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Webbo said:

My missus is chuffed;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-9036095/Asda-not-open-stores-Boxing-Day.html

She tried to book it off before but they wouldn't let her, she would have had to start at 6 in the morning.

Hopefully more follow suit, although I doubt it.

Who in the hell wants to go to the shops on Boxing Day to get cheap tat?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Who in the hell wants to go to the shops on Boxing Day to get cheap tat?

Far too many people. 

I remember working at Matalan and being given the Boxing Day shift. Starting at 4am getting the store ready in 2 hours before we opened. People queued up before 6am ffs. Even worse at Next which was next to us at the time. You'd get people queuing at 4am outside their store. Pathetic. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Far too many people. 

I remember working at Matalan and being given the Boxing Day shift. Starting at 4am getting the store ready in 2 hours before we opened. People queued up before 6am ffs. Even worse at Next which was next to us at the time. You'd get people queuing at 4am outside their store. Pathetic. 

How shit must your family be if you’d rather get up at 4am than spend some time with them? Hmm actually I’m starting to get it now.

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Strokes said:

How shit must your family be if you’d rather get up at 4am than spend some time with them? Hmm actually I’m starting to get it now.

Do you mean me to get up and work or them to queue up?! 

Edited by StanSP

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I just peed out a little blood clot then passed out at the sight of the blood (manoeuvred myself onto my bed first, I'm fine).  So that was interesting.

I reckon I'd be having a word with my GP about that - the blood clot, not the passing out. Unless this is something that happens to you or others regularly?! :blink:

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

I reckon I'd be having a word with my GP about that - the blood clot, not the passing out. Unless this is something that happens to you or others regularly?! :blink:

If it happens again I will, but I'm sure it's just a one off thing I don't feel anything in any case.

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

If it happens again I will, but I'm sure it's just a one off thing I don't feel anything in any case.

Your call, obviously, but personally I'd want to ask the GP about it - if only on the precautionary principle.

I'm sure there are perfectly harmless potential causes, but any point in taking even a small risk? :dunno:

13 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Dude if I was pissing blood I'd at least be asking the question. This type of stuff is exactly why guys die early. No harm in giving 111 a quick ring. 

• Like 3

I'm touched guys but honestly it's nothing.  Been drinking lots of water since and just passed as normal.  Like I say, if something like that happens again then I'll chase it up but given how small it was I don't think it warrants any concern.  I pissed blood once as a kid and nothing came of it, these things happen.  As for the passing out I have a history there so it's nothing new.  But thanks anyway chaps.

17 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm touched guys but honestly it's nothing.  Been drinking lots of water since and just passed as normal.  Like I say, if something like that happens again then I'll chase it up but given how small it was I don't think it warrants any concern.  I pissed blood once as a kid and nothing came of it, these things happen.  As for the passing out I have a history there so it's nothing new.  But thanks anyway chaps.

As part of my job, I actually see plenty of people urgently referred by their GPs to the urologists for this exact issue, who then go on to get a scan. It is likely to be nothing, but on the off chance it's actually something, you really, really don't want to be ignoring it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Im almost 41 and never ever pissed blood. Is that normal (even if once or twice) what says dr google?

Id still mention it to your GP next time you happen to see them. Your choice of course.

Lastly, be careful where you stick that thing! Lol

Edited by Jattdogg

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Same thing with my mate a couple of years ago ..  his missus MADE him go to the doctors ..  they caught it in time and after an op and some treatment he survived.   Not sure why you would chance it mate. 

• Like 1

I pissed a bit of blood a couple of months ago rang the GP he told me it’s likely because I didn’t drink any water and I was heavily exercising (Exercise-induced hematuria), I am a keen runner and go every day. He told me to take these tablets for a week; to clear up the system and drink 2-3 liters of water a day, I checked my urine every day and the trace of blood was gone. Better to be safe and contact your health care professional, rather than sorry don’t leave things to chance.

6 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I just peed out a little blood clot then passed out at the sight of the blood (manoeuvred myself onto my bed first, I'm fine).  So that was interesting.

I've only ever peed blood once, went straight to my GP.  Turned out I'd had a urine infection.  I was sent to hospital after a course of antibiotics where they put a tube down where you don't want a tube to be put to examine my bladder and found some scarring.  Believe me, you wouldn't want this as it can affect bladder function.  Hope your case is nothing but if not it's best to get this sorted asap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I pissed a bit of blood a couple of months ago rang the GP he told me it’s likely because I didn’t drink any water and I was heavily exercising (Exercise-induced hematuria), I am a keen runner and go every day. He told me to take these tablets for a week; to clear up the system and drink 2-3 liters of water a day, I checked my urine every day and the trace of blood was gone. Better to be safe and contact your health care professional, rather than sorry don’t leave things to chance.

This is exactly what i think it is and why I'm not worried, been cycling to and from work where I'm constantly on the go and I've barely drank any water these past few days, just gotta stay hydrated and I'm sure I'll be fine.

10 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

This is exactly what i think it is and why I'm not worried, been cycling to and from work where I'm constantly on the go and I've barely drank any water these past few days, just gotta stay hydrated and I'm sure I'll be fine.

Soooo ....   it's 'Carl the Doctor' now ! ...   

More like 'Carl the Ostrich' !  ...   :)

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

you may have a UTI I wouldn’t chance it mate get the tablets from the doctor :thumbup: