Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

6 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Just a heads up, the bib is absolute bull. I work for a Council and the department who deal with Land Charges are sick to the back teeth of this line from solicitors, when they actually average a turnaround in 11 working days.

But it's an easy excuse for the solicitors, so don't let them fob you off, or ask them for proof that this is the case.

Cheers for the heads up, I was leaning towards thinking this was the case, pretty much everyone I've spoke to have stories of solicitors messing them about.

If he hasn't got back to me by next week I'll spit my dummy out and kick off. It's not even so much that the wait is bothering me, I've got nothing but time, but the poor guy selling his house wants it gone so he can be with his girlfriend, the wait must be doing his tree in.

12 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Cheers for the heads up, I was leaning towards thinking this was the case, pretty much everyone I've spoke to have stories of solicitors messing them about.

If he hasn't got back to me by next week I'll spit my dummy out and kick off. It's not even so much that the wait is bothering me, I've got nothing but time, but the poor guy selling his house wants it gone so he can be with his girlfriend, the wait must be doing his tree in.

I had issues when I bought my house. The solicitors seemingly sat on their hands for weeks before suddenly declaring that it's ready to go, and gave us an hour (during a working Friday) to get everything signed and sorted so we didn't have to wait until Monday to get the keys.

For what reason they sit scratching their arse I've no idea, but things always seem to move at an unnecessary snails pace. You wouldn't mind if they wee honest and kept you updated but they just don't.

15 minutes ago, separator said:

Them Vodafone ads with Martin Freeman... FFS man you were Dr Watson and Bilbo Baggins... you're better than this load of horse muck

I feel the same about Harvey Keitel doing the Direct Line ads. Criminal really...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I had issues when I bought my house. The solicitors seemingly sat on their hands for weeks before suddenly declaring that it's ready to go, and gave us an hour (during a working Friday) to get everything signed and sorted so we didn't have to wait until Monday to get the keys.

For what reason they sit scratching their arse I've no idea, but things always seem to move at an unnecessary snails pace. You wouldn't mind if they wee honest and kept you updated but they just don't.

Silly sods. Thought people got past doing that when a teenager. 

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I feel the same about Harvey Keitel doing the Direct Line ads. Criminal really...

At least the direct line add make sense. The Vodafone adverts are just weird. There's one in a car park where's he's putting his shopping in the boot and there's the most unrealistic hold up ever. Just stupid.

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Ticket touts.

Absolutely blows my mind that it's still legal for Ticketmaster to say their event is sold out before you've pressed a button and then to be on their partner site for 3x the price, a minute later.  

How there isn't some kind of legislation for stuff like this I have no idea.

2 hours ago, Milo said:

Neighbours who buy daily from Amazon and then are never in to receive their parcels, turning us into a fvcking 24 hour sub post office for them

I bought some CD's from them and got an email on Tuesday saying they had put them through my letterbox, get home and find nothing. Spoke to Amazon online chat and they apologised and sent me the CD's again free on charge. That parcel arrived this morning fine, but this evening the original parcel arrived on my doorstep. It had been left with someone about 6 doors down on my street. Can only assume Amazon Logistics now use Yodel .. on the plus side I now have 2 copies of 3 albums now.

25 minutes ago, separator said:

I bought some CD's from them and got an email on Tuesday saying they had put them through my letterbox, get home and find nothing. Spoke to Amazon online chat and they apologised and sent me the CD's again free on charge. That parcel arrived this morning fine, but this evening the original parcel arrived on my doorstep. It had been left with someone about 6 doors down on my street. Can only assume Amazon Logistics now use Yodel .. on the plus side I now have 2 copies of 3 albums now.

Yodel, I assume to get a job with them you have to come across as a complete moron. 

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Yodel, I assume to get a job with them you have to come across as a complete moron. 

19 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Where do I sign up?

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I assumed you already worked for them. lol

Nah. 

Under-qualified. :dry:

It's a very complex case, with many theories over what could have happened/what did happen.

Hence a wide-range case requires a certain amount to deploy various investigators to investigate the various reports/leads.

I believe the outcome of this will eventually be known but, like the Ben Needham case, it could take even more years to discover something small but significant etc to the mystery.

The way people message you on selling sites like Gumtree. I've got a tv on there atm, and the cheek of some people is one thing with one guy demanding £90 off the asking price and me to deliver, but rudeness is another. I'm not asking a formally written email or anything, just something like "Alright mate, you still got this Tv? Would you take £100 for It?" But no, I keep getting stuff like "100 Tv" or "60 I want now" 

Like I say I'm not asking for a letter, or the complete works of Shakespeare, but does it really take much to compose some kind of a message?

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The way people message you on selling sites like Gumtree. I've got a tv on there atm, and the cheek of some people is one thing with one guy demanding £90 off the asking price and me to deliver, but rudeness is another. I'm not asking a formally written email or anything, just something like "Alright mate, you still got this Tv? Would you take £100 for It?" But no, I keep getting stuff like "100 Tv" or "60 I want now" 

Like I say I'm not asking for a letter, or the complete works of Shakespeare, but does it really take much to compose some kind of a message?

No.