Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

16 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Sick of hearing about bleddy Diana doing my nut in like.

Agree, but it was a bit of a 'do you remember where you were when you heard' moment, tbf.

I was working on a ship, just sailing into Southampton one morning when people came round the cabins crying and wailing...    :o

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Aye you're right tbf the social part of it is quite interesting. Not arsed about how she had a "connection with ordinary people" and the "peoples princess" bollocks, though.

She was accessible in a way no previous British royalty were, so yes and no.

2 hours ago, Milo said:

Agree, but it was a bit of a 'do you remember where you were when you heard' moment, tbf.

I was working on a ship, just sailing into Southampton one morning when people came round the cabins crying and wailing...    :o

I was at Alton towers, it was brilliant because it was dead too. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

My mate Steve being killed this morning on his motorbike. RIP buddy - the man who taught me how to get my knee down. I'll never forget you.

You have my condolences mate ..   I've lost more than one biker buddy and its probably part of the reason I switched from 2 to 4 wheels ...   too many tw@ts out there that just didn't even see me.

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

My mate Steve being killed this morning on his motorbike. RIP buddy - the man who taught me how to get my knee down. I'll never forget you

Dreadful, mate, that's awful - feel for you. 

Puts lots of other things into perspective when things like this happen. Been there a couple of times and I know what you mean about being hollow, and then going through the disbelief/why feelings. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

My mate Steve being killed this morning on his motorbike. RIP buddy - the man who taught me how to get my knee down. I'll never forget you.

I don't know what to say apart from how sorry I am to hear this mate :(

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Horrible news, feel for you.  My dad was bike mad, we never used to have a car, I travelled in the sidecar as an infant and then on the back of his bike.  He fell off loads of times and had to stop riding when the doc said he couldn't patch him up any more.  

I've lost a few mates in my time, every one has hurt so I can feel a little of what you're going through.  Did Steve have a family?  If so they'll be going through the grieving process as well and any kind voice will help them.

• Thanks 1