Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Rick & Morty

You got to give it to them though the creators have made a killing off making people who's previously most intellectually or philosophically-testing TV/Cinema was Inception think they're part of some post-modern philosophical intelligentsia, when in reality it's a bang average show with painfully forced ironic and shock comedy that South Park did better 10 years ago and without the edgy existential nihilistic fanbase.

• Like 1

The Landrover ad where a man is recording sat-nav voice lines such as, "At the volcano, turn right".

The idea is that Landrover will take you on wild adventures into the remotest wilderness, but using sat-nav.

Which sums up most Landrover owners entirely for me.

My bloody knees :(

As soon as the temperature drops I get really bad pains in my knee joints. No issues when it's hot and summer, but as soon as it gets cooler and colder they just cease up.

Really pisses me off and I can hardly walk sometimes :angry:

On 31/08/2017 at 13:32, Finnaldo said:

Rick & Morty

You got to give it to them though the creators have made a killing off making people who's previously most intellectually or philosophically-testing TV/Cinema was Inception think they're part of some post-modern philosophical intelligentsia, when in reality it's a bang average show with painfully forced ironic and shock comedy that South Park did better 10 years ago and without the edgy existential nihilistic fanbase.

But for those of us that don't take it seriously, it's got some funny gags in and is good for twenty minutes a week in entertainment. 

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But for those of us that don't take it seriously, it's got some funny gags in and is good for twenty minutes a week in entertainment. 

lol Don't get me wrong not everyone who watches it is going to be in that crowd of irritating bells, but it's certainly a fair slice of the viewership and they like to act as if they're persecuted if someone tells them they don't find it funny. 

But like i said, I thought I'd watch the entire first two seasons to get a fair reflection and I didn't get many laughs out of it at all. Not my cup of tea I guess.

On 31/08/2017 at 09:16, Swan Lesta said:

My mate Steve being killed this morning on his motorbike. RIP buddy - the man who taught me how to get my knee down. I'll never forget you.

Just seen this, condolences to you and his friends and family. 

Send him out in the best way possible x

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Calling someone who is running late and they say they will be there in 5 minutes. You call again after 10 minutes and they are 'just around the corner'. 5 minutes after that........?

Probably just got out of bed and haven't even got their clothes on ....  :)

The little coverage that the Rohingya Muslims are getting from the "media".

heartbreaking images of little kids butchered and beheaded  (won't post pics because of the rules here, but you can search on twitter and see for yourself)

That's inhuman, that's barbaric, that is ethnical cleansing! If it was the other way around, trump will acted a lot different. 

Edited by the fox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, the fox said:

The little coverage that the Rohingya Muslims are getting from the "media".

heartbreaking images of little kids butchered and beheaded  (won't post pics because of the rules here, but you can search on twitter and see for yourself)

That's inhuman, that's barbaric, that is ethnical cleansing! If it was the other way around, trump will acted a lot different. 

The audacity of Aung San Suu Kyi to defend it as well...  I guess human rights only matter to some people when it directly affects them.

• Like 2

Solicitors. 

You're paperwork will be done in 2-3 weeks. Yesterday was the 3 weeks. Email today, "we're waiting on the search from the council, this can take up to 4 weeks". 

Go fook yourselves. Why not just tell me how long it's actually going to take instead of getting my hopes up. :nigel:

On 9/6/2017 at 10:20, Innovindil said:

Solicitors. 

You're paperwork will be done in 2-3 weeks. Yesterday was the 3 weeks. Email today, "we're waiting on the search from the council, this can take up to 4 weeks". 

Go fook yourselves. Why not just tell me how long it's actually going to take instead of getting my hopes up. :nigel:

Just a heads up, the bib is absolute bull. I work for a Council and the department who deal with Land Charges are sick to the back teeth of this line from solicitors, when they actually average a turnaround in 11 working days.

But it's an easy excuse for the solicitors, so don't let them fob you off, or ask them for proof that this is the case.