Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Ultra HD (and any sell out celebrity endorsing it).

It's the con we all saw coming. Even Family Guy made a joke 5 years ago about the 'the new format that makes HD obsolete'.

When HD came out I noted that standard definition was clearly made more pixelated to make HD seem even better (you can tell this by comparing the two channels on an old tv, the picture should be the same but it isn't).

Now they've exaggerated the con - My HD channels are no longer HD quality, they're more like standard definition. This is so they can sell HD again under a new name - Ultra HD.

So Sky and the other big companies are not selling a new product at all. I'm not sure how they're allowed to get away with it, it's blatant false advertising.

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Ultra HD (and any sell out celebrity endorsing it).

It's the con we all saw coming. Even Family Guy made a joke 5 years ago about the 'the new format that makes HD obsolete'.

When HD came out I noted that standard definition was clearly made more pixelated to make HD seem even better (you can tell this by comparing the two channels on an old tv, the picture should be the same but it isn't).

Now they've exaggerated the con - My HD channels are no longer HD quality, they're more like standard definition. This is so they can sell HD again under a new name - Ultra HD.

So Sky and the other big companies are not selling a new product at all. I'm not sure how they're allowed to get away with it, it's blatant false advertising.

The issue for me is that they package it as if resolution/definition are discrete and that Standard, High and now Ultra are different things when in reality, they are gradual improvements on a continuous scale. But people see a new label and go "OOOo Ultra".

I think you're a bit paranoid suggesting that HD has been worsened to standard again so that HD can be sold as Ultra though. 

Football clubs who put their disabled sections at the back of stands with absolutely no extra elevation.

Once again yesterday disabled fans were unable to see anything because of standing. I'm not having a go at the standing at all, but the clubs should have a bit more realism about this situation. Away fans stand, get used to it? Thankfully the people who needed to move (including myself) did so so that they were able to see. But this isn't the first time I've been to a game where they've stuck the disabled section in such a ridiculous place.

On 9/15/2017 at 17:02, Mike Oxlong said:

Pretentious beer being sold in 330ml cans

Heineken are the only ones who can get away with that, because they've done it for about 800 years. All these newcomers like Pissed-on-head and Rapist's Remorse can get to fvck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Take it you guys haven't been to America? Pretty much all craft beer cans are that size and UK supermarkets are just importing their beers for people who appreciate a good drop as opposed to 440ml cans of Carling. 

It's a bit of a con though innit?  If the alcohol content's relatively high, say 8% upwards, then it's not a big deal because you're going to be drinking it more slowly anyway so I'm fine with the Belgian exports like Duvel coming in 330ml bottles (like the US it's pretty standard over there), but when you drop dough on a 4 pack of Brewdog's Luxury Beard Accessory expecting to get a couple of light evenings in front of the TV out of it then you feel a bit cheated when it's all gone in one night and you barely feel buzzed.

Edited by Carl the Llama

Very first world, but Sky on Demand removing box sets without warning. Netflix had the courtesy to tell me they were losing 90210 which was a bitter blow, but I rinsed them all in the last month. 

That's Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men and Sopranos that they've taken off.

Edited by RonnieTodger