Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

15 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

tbf if you blocked his drive then fair enough. what if he’d got a call from a friend or relative who needed his help? 

Probably should have had a chat then, instead of a snidy note.

I doubt he would have been there much past 30 minutes.

32 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Probably should have had a chat then, instead of a snidy note.

I doubt he would have been there much past 30 minutes.

what, tap him on the back mid resuscitation and ask him to reverse a bit? 

55 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

what, tap him on the back mid resuscitation and ask him to reverse a bit? 

Well i'd be inclined to wait by the ambulance until a fair moment arrived, if that was never going to be the case, its unlikely a note would be the correct way to behave either.

7 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

, unjtbf if you blocked his drive then fair enough. what if he’d got a call from a friend or relative who needed his help? 

You're joking, right?

If he'd knocked on the door of his seriously ill neighbour (and had any concern for him) and explained he too had an emergency situation then we would have moved our "van". He didn't knock on or say, "sorry guys, but I really need to get my car out, my (relative) needs me urgently". He just left a note on the windscreen as you can see.

I think he was put out because he couldn't get to the off-licence.

Anyone so inconsiderate or unwilling to assess the situation first, is a full on bell end.

I've been held at knifepoint by someone who felt aggrieved by me attending to a neighbour he didn't get along with. I've been spat at by a bloke who thought I was less than considerate towards him. I've had blood spat on me because the "patient" assumed I wasn't taking them seriously. 

Mate, society is intolerant, not just the guy who's gate we blocked, but people who don't get what they want, when they want it. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Was this on your ambulance service? Because it’s on BBC news. 

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Was this on your ambulance service? Because it’s on BBC news. 

Yep. WMAS

I'm now freelance on a zero hours contract and work for EMAS and WMAS. 

My skills and qualifications enable me to work as a state registered paramedic anywhere. 

What they don't enable is the ability to not be insulted.

Edited by Parafox

20 hours ago, Parafox said:

Yep. WMAS

I'm now freelance on a zero hours contract and work for EMAS and WMAS. 

My skills and qualifications enable me to work as a state registered paramedic anywhere. 

What they don't enable is the ability to not be insulted.

Its currently the 2nd most read story, thought I seen it in here beforehand alright. Fair play for the publicity.

"Oxford teacher faces action over 'misgendering' pupil"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-41966554

I understand the need for Trans protection, but this is ridiculous. Despite the teacher's personal beliefs he appears to cater to his student's wishes, if he got his gender wrong once, whilst addressing a group as well, surely you can't discipline the guy? Absolutely bizarre.

17 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

"Oxford teacher faces action over 'misgendering' pupil"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-41966554

I understand the need for Trans protection, but this is ridiculous. Despite the teacher's personal beliefs he appears to cater to his student's wishes, if he got his gender wrong once, whilst addressing a group as well, surely you can't discipline the guy? Absolutely bizarre.

One would hope the discipline in such a case would be the head saying "try to not upset the sensitive people wont you?  We don't need this shit on the news"

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 19:33, Parafox said:

You're joking, right?

If he'd knocked on the door of his seriously ill neighbour (and had any concern for him) and explained he too had an emergency situation then we would have moved our "van". He didn't knock on or say, "sorry guys, but I really need to get my car out, my (relative) needs me urgently". He just left a note on the windscreen as you can see.

I think he was put out because he couldn't get to the off-licence.

Anyone so inconsiderate or unwilling to assess the situation first, is a full on bell end.

I've been held at knifepoint by someone who felt aggrieved by me attending to a neighbour he didn't get along with. I've been spat at by a bloke who thought I was less than considerate towards him. I've had blood spat on me because the "patient" assumed I wasn't taking them seriously. 

Mate, society is intolerant, not just the guy who's gate we blocked, but people who don't get what they want, when they want it. 

You have got a lot more patience than me PF ..   I wouldn't last 5 minutes ...   I can see the heading in The Sun now ...  "Paramedic knocks the sh1t out of patient he is picking up" ...   :)     You have my utmost respect mate.

• Like 2