Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

James Cleverly MP for Braintree. 

Aside from the fact that he has the most inappropriate name, representing the most inappropriately named constituency possible as the guy is a ****ing moron, its the fact he seems to get rolled out to spout non-fact based Brexit nonsense on every single news programme, on every channel, every day. 

And he looks smug. Really smug all the time.. 

Grrrrr... 

This is the same for me with Andrew Bridgen.

Odious little troll spouting his own brand of rubbish from behind his oh so smug face.  i hope HS2 gets canned and he has to pay back his multimillion pound compensation package!

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Think It's more down to how she conducts herself and stuff she says. 

And what's so bad about her that she has to get treated with such vitriol by the dirty rags like the Sun and Daily Mail? 

I think she's a always conducted herself quite well and has not said anything out of the ordinary to warrant such hatred. By all means happy to be proved wrong but I've seen nothing of the sort from her. 

It's quite clearly because of her race that she gets such treatment. Rags like the Sun and Mail pander to those who voted Brexit purely because they thought it would mean all black/brown people would be fvcked off. This falls right in to their hands. The fact they can get away with it time and time again is by far the biggest concern and has been the case even before Markle was on the scene. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

where do you get this information as to what she says and how she conducts herself?

I assume you've heard of 'the news'?

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Do you have an example?

In some cases its things like her wanting to be eco friendly and save the planet, yet the next she's jumping on private jets etc. Things that have been probably taken out of context, but I'm bored of it being said to be racist when there could be good reason around it. 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And what's so bad about her that she has to get treated with such vitriol by the dirty rags like the Sun and Daily Mail? 

I think she's a always conducted herself quite well and has not said anything out of the ordinary to warrant such hatred. By all means happy to be proved wrong but I've seen nothing of the sort from her. 

It's quite clearly because of her race that she gets such treatment. Rags like the Sun and Mail pander to those who voted Brexit purely because they thought it would mean all black/brown people would be fvcked off. This falls right in to their hands. The fact they can get away with it time and time again is by far the biggest concern and has been the case even before Markle was on the scene. 

Oh I never said she was being treated fairly, I think they should all back off and leave them the fack alone. But i don't feel it's because of her race. I feel they twist bits of information to suit what people want to read; "the royalty/monarch **** up", which panders to those you've mentioned.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

In some cases its things like her wanting to be eco friendly and save the planet, yet the next she's jumping on private jets etc. Things that have been probably taken out of context, but I'm bored of it being said to be racist when there could be good reason around it. 

So why is she chosen to be picked on when there's probably scores or even hundreds of others who preach the same yet still fly on private jets etc? 

Just now, StanSP said:

So why is she chosen to be picked on when there's probably scores or even hundreds of others who preach the same yet still fly on private jets etc? 

Because of who she is. People love to read about how the 'mighty' are doing wrong and how they're bad people. In England you hear all about how politician and royal scandals. 

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I had asumed it was the same as Fergie/Andrew in the 80s

Di and Chuck were tyhe golden couple and the others were the evil ones... its just media exploitation ..FVCKING RUPERT

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Think It's more down to how she conducts herself and stuff she says. 

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Oh I never said she was being treated fairly, I think they should all back off and leave them the fack alone. But i don't feel it's because of her race. I feel they twist bits of information to suit what people want to read; "the royalty/monarch **** up", which panders to those you've mentioned.

so, you are just saying the same thing as me.. :dunno:  except the bit in the middle, where its her at fault? (which, unless you are a friend, you are finding out about from the media)

so.. is it what she says and does.. or the media? 

As a dirty centrist FoxesTalk hasn't half become an echo chamber recently. I would rather we remained in the EU (now) and I think it'll be most likely severely damaging but it's over the top on here at the minute.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

As a dirty centrist FoxesTalk hasn't half become an echo chamber recently. I would rather we remained in the EU (now) and I think it'll be most likely severely damaging but it's over the top on here at the minute.

That's because the Leave camp have nothing left to say; even, 'Brexit means Brexit' sounds hollow now. Leaving the EU - especially without a deal - is going to be an unmitigated disaster for all but the rich. Are we supposed to ignore that just because some of the country want to shut up now and just be content to gaze at their blue passport and dream about a life without immigrants?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Hear hear. 

The usual insulters/bullies will of course claim it as some sort of victory, when the simple truth is people aren't going to take the time to post just to be abused by overreactors and eventually have all the posts deleted by the mods. :)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

We definitely need @MattP back posting again to add a bit of balance to things.

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

16 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Hear hear. 

The usual insulters/bullies will of course claim it as some sort of victory, when the simple truth is people aren't going to take the time to post just to be abused by overreactors and eventually have all the posts deleted by the mods. :)

This is a mostly open forum if there's any actual benefits to what we doing let's hear it.

If your life is going to be better let us know. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Hear hear. 

BS.

That's just your cop out for not being able to justify your support for leaving. Of all the Leave voters on here, you in particular are a fraud.

• Like 2

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Izzy said:

We definitely need @MattP back posting again to add a bit of balance to things.

Thanks but I've never been more delighted to be out if it.

You only have to look at this thread to see just how nasty this place has become, people being openly abusive to others of a different opinion now and even condoning and hoping for violence towards politicians because they think differently. 

When Boris wins his majority no one will have deserved it more than this lot.

45 minutes ago, Buce said:

BS.

That's just your cop out for not being able to justify your support for leaving. Of all the Leave voters on here, you in particular are a fraud.

Undoubtedly. Please respect me big bad bully Buce. I'll even meet you down the pub for a "chat". If I don't block your posts first of course. :giggle:

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Its not even just on Brexit though, I've noticed whilst mainly just observing that a good proportion of Gen Chat is the same on a lot of topics. In fact, it's noticeable people don't discuss they just talk at each other, so many replies to posts are barely relevant to the post they were replying.

A couple of pages back in this thread showed some to just be thugs with access to Google. 

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

When Boris wins his majority no one will have deserved it more than this lot.

Same with no deal. An ever growing part of me wants it just for the people it will piss off. I want Caroline Lucas' reaction injecting into my veins. 

• Like 1

I don't think either side can really take the high ground when it comes to playground insults.

Far too many repeated points and understandably a lot of frustration.

When you see what the discourse around this matter has come to compared to a few years ago on this place it's very easy to see why the referendum should've never happened. Whatever happens economically we'll struggle to recover societally from this mess.

Should've never happened and the only people to blame are the elitist politicians who masterminded it, funnily enough former investment bankers and those with a lot of fingers in a lot of portfolio pies, who've made a buck out of the social strife they've created.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 3