Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Friggin' helicopter landlord. 

We've just moved out of a rental having now purchased our first home, it's the third place we've rented together and comfortably the most idiotic landlord of the lot. The house we were renting was formally his home (and pride and joy) and following moving in with his partner he rented it out to us. Pretty much from the moment we moved in he's in constant contact and has turned up at the property on numerous occasions (allegedly to see the neighbours). It then reached the damn climax when we handed in the notice to end the tenancy, as he's now decided to sell rather than look for new tenants. Consequently he's text my wife 6/7 times to ensure that the property is presentable for any viewings (of which there have been none), and noted that the green bin is full (which was full when we moved in and is in the backgarden behind a wall, meaning that he could only see the same were he to access the property grounds).

I think the only time he went a little quiet was when the boiler broke and we were left without central heating and hot water for 2 weeks in the middle of winter (still happy to accept the £750 p/m rent though!)

So glad that we don't have a landlord anymore and can't wait for the numerous things the agents/landlord will try and knock off the deposit to get a few extra pound notes. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Friggin' helicopter landlord. 

We've just moved out of a rental having now purchased our first home, it's the third place we've rented together and comfortably the most idiotic landlord of the lot. The house we were renting was formally his home (and pride and joy) and following moving in with his partner he rented it out to us. Pretty much from the moment we moved in he's in constant contact and has turned up at the property on numerous occasions (allegedly to see the neighbours). It then reached the damn climax when we handed in the notice to end the tenancy, as he's now decided to sell rather than look for new tenants. Consequently he's text my wife 6/7 times to ensure that the property is presentable for any viewings (of which there have been none), and noted that the green bin is full (which was full when we moved in and is in the backgarden behind a wall, meaning that he could only see the same were he to access the property grounds).

I think the only time he went a little quiet was when the boiler broke and we were left without central heating and hot water for 2 weeks in the middle of winter (still happy to accept the £750 p/m rent though!)

So glad that we don't have a landlord anymore and can't wait for the numerous things the agents/landlord will try and knock off the deposit to get a few extra pound notes. 

Oh man, landlords are either great or bloody awful. The few years I had in student accommodation, my landlords were to be frank absolute nutters. But that's another story...

It's never nice to be made uncomfortable in your own home, especially by the landlord. I found agencies don't particularly like to get involved much at all and are just as easily bullied by landlords as tenants are. Glad you've managed to get your own place, now your only landlord issue is making the wife happy :D

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Oh man, landlords are either great or bloody awful. The few years I had in student accommodation, my landlords were to be frank absolute nutters. But that's another story...

It's never nice to be made uncomfortable in your own home, especially by the landlord. I found agencies don't particularly like to get involved much at all and are just as easily bullied by landlords as tenants are. Glad you've managed to get your own place, now your only landlord issue is making the wife happy :D

Definitely! Previous two have been great in fairness. One particular highlight in the past was my wife's landlord when she was at Uni trying to claim back £250 for a bed frame that was purchased by one of the students! In fairness he must have needed an additional £250 when he owns an 6 bed property in Leamington Spa as a buy-to-let.  

Oh yes, happy wife happy life! 

• Haha 1

Just now, David Guiza said:

Definitely! Previous two have been great in fairness. One particular highlight in the past was my wife's landlord when she was at Uni trying to claim back £250 for a bed frame that was purchased by one of the students! In fairness he must have needed an additional £250 when he owns an 6 bed property in Leamington Spa as a buy-to-let.  

Oh yes, happy wife happy life! 

Landlords do so much underhand shit to get ahead.

My one from my 3rd year used to turn up drunk at the door in the evening at times. Until the time he turned up I was also drunk, and he never came back and his family got wind and changed landlords to a different brother 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Guys that decide its chill to walk around topless in town/city centres. 

Like yeah it's hot, but this isn't the beach, I don't wanna see your sunburnt beer gut. 

Add topless guys on public transport...

19 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Guys that decide its chill to walk around topless in town/city centres. 

Like yeah it's hot, but this isn't the beach, I don't wanna see your sunburnt beer gut. 

Unfortunately, as well as the stifling heat, this time of year brings out people who are completely inappropriately dressed, both male and female. I know they want to be cool but please, you look ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Jake Humphrey

Used to think he was great when he presented stuff when I was a kid, used to quite enjoy his presenting style on BT sport. But he's starting to proper piss me off with his tweets and his general twatish-ness

He's so gimmicky and a social media whore. Has to over dramatise everything. Has to do some weird walk at the start of every section. Always posting some stupid shit on twitter, or filming something cringy. Cant stand the guy. He's a children's tv presenter, not made for grown up TV.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He's so gimmicky and a social media whore. Has to over dramatise everything. Has to do some weird walk at the start of every section. Always posting some stupid shit on twitter, or filming something cringy. Cant stand the guy. He's a children's tv presenter, not made for grown up TV.

It's the gimmicks and social media shit that irritate me. He's a decent presenter and does his job well, it's just the aspects you've highlighted that bring it all down.

12 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Block him. You won't see his tweets and won't be naffed off with him.

I personally go on twitter to be offended. **** blocking people I wanna get angry 

• Haha 1

Saw an old man lying on the opposite pavement, clearly in a spot of trouble but he had a paramedic sat over him while they waited for an ambulance and this lady with a pram crosses the road just to stand and stare at the scene.  Busybody.

Similarly, but even more infuriating, on the m11 the other day my carriageway ground to a standstill and added about 15 mins to a 35 min journey all because of cars slowing to peer at a crash blocking the lanes on the other side of the barrier.

41 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

People who make you 'lose' a sneeze at the crucial moment. It's like being robbed of an orgasm. :ph34r:

Imagine snorting amyl, subsequently sneezing, shitting yourself and climaxing simultaneously. Has this ever been done? @lifted*fox

• Haha 2