Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 hours ago, Arkie Bennett said:

People who say: "Did you see what I did there?", especially that clown Ady Dayman on Radio Leicester. Yes, I did *hear* what you said there; stop patronising me with your smartarseness.

lol I went to school with Ady Dayman so you calling him a clown just made me chuckle lol 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Fair this. 

She's just Ronaldo without a Y chromosome. 

Everything is about her and her success and what she deserves, posing centre stage in front of everyone and acting the nob. 

Couldn't have said it better myself, all about her!

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Fair this. 

She's just Ronaldo without a Y chromosome. 

Everything is about her and her success and what she deserves, posing centre stage in front of everyone and acting the nob. 

Megan I don't mind so much and your Ronaldo analogy kind of explains it:  He's a brilliant sportsperson who happens to be an annoying, self-obsessed narcissist, but that goes for a lot of sports stars and famous personalities in general so although I appreciate her talent I'm ambivalent to Megan as a person in the same way I am towards all the other egomaniac sportspeople I witness.   I'll probably have a quick whine if she does something particularly newsworthy (like the whole "I deserve this" me me me moment) and move on with my life.

What grinds my gears about the Rapinoe situation is the sheer amount of people who elevate her to godhood and seem to think that any and all criticism of her is purely chauvinism when really they're the sexists who are only defending her because she's a woman, they don't have any complaints when people direct the same complaints towards men like Ronaldo and Slimani.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Megan I don't mind so much and your Ronaldo analogy kind of explains it:  He's a brilliant sportsperson who happens to be an annoying, self-obsessed narcissist, but that goes for a lot of sports stars and famous personalities in general so although I appreciate her talent I'm ambivalent to Megan as a person in the same way I am towards all the other egomaniac sportspeople I witness.   I'll probably have a quick whine if she does something particularly newsworthy (like the whole "I deserve this" me me me moment) and move on with my life.

What grinds my gears about the Rapinoe situation is the sheer amount of people who elevate her to godhood and seem to think that any and all criticism of her is purely chauvinism when really they're the sexists who are only defending her because she's a woman, they don't have any complaints when people direct the same complaints towards men like Ronaldo and Slimani.

Equally I expect there are a fair amount who aren't triggered by Ronaldo's behaviour but get apoplectic about Rapinoe.

Aye, I don't give a toss if they've got balls, boobs, neither or both. Obnoxious arrogance in team sports just annoys me. It's a team game, you'd be shit on your own. 

I make an honourable exception for Zlatan because he takes it so ridiculously far I'm pretty convinced a lot of it is tongue in cheek and he's entertaining. 

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I make an honourable exception for Zlatan because he takes it so ridiculously far I'm pretty convinced a lot of it is tongue in cheek and he's entertaining. 

It’s so ****ing tired now though that even if he was taking the piss (which I don’t think he is) it’s boring. 

Ronaldo is weird, weird bloke and a real life Patrick Bateman but he’s fairly quiet off the pitch. Megan Rapinoe damages the causes she fights for because she’s insufferable, she acts like a c unt and her supporters say her detractors hate her because she’s a woman. There’s definitely some men out there that dislike her because she’s an opinionated woman but none of the US woman’s side are annoying as her.

Ronaldo is an egomaniac on the pitch, Rapinoe is off of it.

Conor McGregor's latest antics. He's a cnut, fair and simple. The consequence for him punching this bloke in Dublin will result in him paying a small fine and mass advertisation of his Whiskey brand. I didnt even know he had a  Whiskey brand until this story came up and it's even being advertised in the articles.

It will work out financially in his favour soon.

• Like 1

a certain % of Liverpool fans(dont get me wrong there are more than enough decent ones too) but there are some right mongy one,

who just say meh when things happen to other fans but if they same happened to theirs then there would be up roar with a full scale petition in the works

and i thought our fans base could be annoying as hell somethings, they are a different breed

On 15/08/2019 at 23:20, murphy said:

Yes, I do remember the time the time I set my trousers on fire...

Yes, I do remember the time I shat myself in double physics..

This reminds me of that programme Embarrassing Bodies ...   when someone comes on and tells the doctor about this really horrible big embarrassing 'thing' they have ...   and they don't like anyone seeing it ...   then they pull their clothes off so that all 6 million of us can have a look ! ...   :)

Edited by Countryfox
  • Haha 1

On 16/08/2019 at 11:20, Carl the Llama said:

Megan I don't mind so much and your Ronaldo analogy kind of explains it:  He's a brilliant sportsperson who happens to be an annoying, self-obsessed narcissist, but that goes for a lot of sports stars and famous personalities in general so although I appreciate her talent I'm ambivalent to Megan as a person in the same way I am towards all the other egomaniac sportspeople I witness.   I'll probably have a quick wank if she does something particularly newsworthy (like the whole "I deserve this" me me me moment) and move on with my life.

I know it shouldn't bother me as it happens every year and ultimately it means nothing, but the journalists, pundits, top 6 fans etc, who seem to think that we never conceded a goal/chance when Maguire played are really starting to get on my t*ts. 

There was one particular journalist yesterday talking about how Giroud would dominate Soyuncu, for example. I can only assume that he meant the same Giroud who flattened Maguire at the Emirates a couple of years back to score the winner in the 4-3 game. 

Maguire is a great player and will no doubt improve United's backline, because they were effing dreadful before that, but he's not perfect by any means and we, hopefully, aren't particularly weaker without him. I love the man but it's getting to the point where I want him to make a glaring error for United to shut the idiots up.