Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

4 hours ago, David Guiza said:

I know it shouldn't bother me as it happens every year and ultimately it means nothing, but the journalists, pundits, top 6 fans etc, who seem to think that we never conceded a goal/chance when Maguire played are really starting to get on my t*ts. 

There was one particular journalist yesterday talking about how Giroud would dominate Soyuncu, for example. I can only assume that he meant the same Giroud who flattened Maguire at the Emirates a couple of years back to score the winner in the 4-3 game. 

Maguire is a great player and will no doubt improve United's backline, because they were effing dreadful before that, but he's not perfect by any means and we, hopefully, aren't particularly weaker without him. I love the man but it's getting to the point where I want him to make a glaring error for United to shut the idiots up.  

They've had one game together and already journalists are talking about Maguire and Lindelof being the new Ferdinand and Vidic.

Until they make a mistake and another overrated, obscenely priced mid-table player has arrived.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Corky said:

They've had one game together and already journalists are talking about Maguire and Lindelof being the new Ferdinand and Vidic.

Until they make a mistake and another overrated, obscenely priced mid-table player has arrived.

They were trying too bloody hard today to praise them for anything possible. "He's talking to his defence, great leader". But ignoring any wrong doing ffs.

It's taking the piss with the bullshit they come out with now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

"It's not VAR's fault, it's the new handball law"

They'd still be checking the goal for a bit and deciding if he meant to handball it or not and kill the immediate joy of the goal in doing so. 

Not having this law would make it even worse. At least it has been simplified, however badly, to any contact with the arm. Leaving it open to interpretation doesn't actually solve anything and you can guarantee that the handball, without VAR or this law, would've been a talking point anyway had the goal stood or not with the on-pitch decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Not having this law would make it even worse. At least it has been simplified, however badly, to any contact with the arm. Leaving it open to interpretation doesn't actually solve anything and you can guarantee that the handball, without VAR or this law, would've been a talking point anyway had the goal stood or not with the on-pitch decision.

Exactly.

Not so long ago, pundits were calling for consistency in refereeing decisions, that they need help and surely the technology exists for that to happen.

Be careful what you wish for, it seems!

• Like 2

Really don't get the point of VAR, tbh. No problem with goal line technology, but my understanding is that VAR was bought in to help refs get the big decisions correct...but what constitutes a big decision? 

Some decisions are only big after they've happened - throw ins, free kicks, etc that might have been incorrectly awarded and lead to a goal - and if they've been incorrectly awarded then why should the goal stand? If the technology is there then surely every decision can be checked to see if it's correct or not.    

"That struck me as good a reason to vote Brexit as any other".

I'm sorry I could have sworn we were told that the passport stuff was mainstream media fake news maligning the movement and that Brexiteers didn't care about petty things like passport colours because unlike the quisling remainers they can see the bigger picture.  Now their king has come out and straight up confirmed that shiny, irrelevant baubles were always a key part of the Brexit state of mind.

Edited by Carl the Llama

I'm sorry, I know all you guys are opposed to violence in politics (and I'l hang my head in shame and admit what a horrible human being I am) but if that smug-faced twat Farage doesn't deserve a kicking...

48 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'm sorry, I know all you guys are opposed to violence in politics (and I'l hang my head in shame and admit what a horrible human being I am) but if that smug-faced twat Farage doesn't deserve a kicking...

Non violent opposition has become non viable. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Unfortunately I think that's true to a point in the UK. Marches are ignored, record breaking petitions are not properly discussed in parliament (look what happened last time).

The last non violent option I see is a general strike. All remainers, EU, non white, non multi millionaires basically those who don't benefit from brexit should simply not work until our voice is heard.

If that doesn't work storm parliament and stop this coup.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Buce said:

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Watch out you pair, the masks slipping ...   :)

I'm starting to think "The Left is illiberal and refuse to see any other viewpoint' is a big joke I'm not part of, just by uttering it you're the most hypocritical fvcking idiot on whatever platform you're using to put your point across.

31 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The current dislike of Meghan Markle being made out to be due to her race is beginning to piss me off. 

Why is it then? 

Genuine question, I have no interest in and minimal knowledge of the Royals. 

15 minutes ago, Buce said:

Why is it then? 

I had asumed it was the same as Fergie/Andrew in the 80s

Di and Chuck were tyhe golden couple and the others were the evil ones... its just media exploitation ..FVCKING RUPERT

36 minutes ago, Buce said:

Why is it then? 

19 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

I had asumed it was the same as Fergie/Andrew in the 80s

Di and Chuck were tyhe golden couple and the others were the evil ones... its just media exploitation ..FVCKING RUPERT

Think It's more down to how she conducts herself and stuff she says. 

James Cleverly MP for Braintree. 

Aside from the fact that he has the most inappropriate name, representing the most inappropriately named constituency possible as the guy is a ****ing moron, its the fact he seems to get rolled out to spout non-fact based Brexit nonsense on every single news programme, on every channel, every day. 

And he looks smug. Really smug all the time.. 

Grrrrr...