Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

11 hours ago, The Syrup said:

Tipping point is just one of them penny machines from an arcade in Skeggy with some fancy lights

I don't think those machines have ever paid out £10,000.

I've never understood the appeal of the 2p machines. You feed in about a fivers worth of 2p's to win... 2p's. Or maybe some crappy "gift". 

12 hours ago, The Syrup said:

Tipping Point is utter sh!t, as is that Tenable show with the little fella from Star Wars. 

The Chase is hands down the best daytime telly quiz.

The ENTIRE point of Tenable is so that the host can say 'your answer is untenable' in tyke worst ****ing pun for years. 

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The ENTIRE point of Tenable is so that the host can say 'your answer is untenable' in tyke worst ****ing pun for years. 

Saw a bit of Tenable once in a hospital waiting room, the question was Britain's most popular cheeses and the lad said "Cheese Strings" lol

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Eggheads and Pointless are the best. 

Pointless could be much shorter. I find it pointless (HAHAHA) that Armstrong repeats all the answers/options twice especially the long ones. 

Also, don't some rounds have no pointless answers in them anyway? What's the point in that lol

Considering it is the most boringly put together show of all time, there’s something really wholesome about Eggheads. I love it.

Actually thats unfair, only connect is worse and that’s too hard as well. 

Edited by Manini

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Considering it is the most boringly put together show of all time, there’s something really wholesome about Eggheads. I love it.

I love Kevin off Eggheads. He's ridiculously knowledgeable on seemingly every subject. I like Barry's geeky manner and science knowledge, and Chris' bluff humour and trainspotter style facts. The only thing I don't like is Lisa and her extremely obvious MLA (mouth like anus). 

Only Connect is stupidly hard! I'm lucky if I get one right. Though the missing vowels at the end are a lot easier. I sometimes get one or two of the connecting wall too. 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

I remember watching it years ago, I think the prize pot had risen to something ridiculous like £70k and then a team won. Then it reset back to £1k and the next team won on that show too lol absolutely gutting if you're the £1k team.

You forget just how many episodes of these games shows have been made. Eggheads is at over 1900 and Pointless over 1400.

GOLDEN BALLS was where it's at. There was that period in the mid 00s when there was couple of gameshows with a cruel, mean streak. Golden Balls seemed to epitomise that.

49 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

GOLDEN BALLS was where it's at. There was that period in the mid 00s when there was couple of gameshows with a cruel, mean streak. Golden Balls seemed to epitomise that.

That split or steal at the end was brutal

Golden Balls was ****ing ace. I’ve just been trying to find the one where it’s the woman and the bloke playing for £100k and she completely lures him in, acting like butter wouldn’t melt. Conned him out of 50k and took the 100k for herself. Absolutely brutal but such good TV. If anybody can find it and they can link it please do it’s class. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I love Kevin off Eggheads. He's ridiculously knowledgeable on seemingly every subject. I like Barry's geeky manner and science knowledge, and Chris' bluff humour and trainspotter style facts. The only thing I don't like is Lisa and her extremely obvious MLA (mouth like anus). 

Only Connect is stupidly hard! I'm lucky if I get one right. Though the missing vowels at the end are a lot easier. I sometimes get one or two of the connecting wall too. 

The Eggheads make it. They’re just a well oiled machine. You forgot Pat too, he often gets proper pop culture questions and you think there’s no way he’s getting this and then he hits you with “it was actually Ariana Grande who had the number 1 in 2018 with Thank you, next” 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Chris' bluff humour and trainspotter style facts.

He was voted off the Weakest Link in the penultimate round after answering every question correctly until then and the strongest player in every round. Anne Robinson refused to call him the weakest link too and she slaughtered the other players.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Manini said:

Golden Balls was ****ing ace. I’ve just been trying to find the one where it’s the woman and the bloke playing for £100k and she completely lures him in, acting like butter wouldn’t melt. Conned him out of 50k and took the 100k for herself. Absolutely brutal but such good TV. If anybody can find it and they can link it please do it’s class. 

TV gold

18 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Wasn't it "share or shaft"?

Ew no don't know who you share your shaft with mate but it was definitely split or steal 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

The show didnt have a point anymore after this masterclass.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Wasn't it "share or shaft"?

That was Kilroy Silk's show Shafted, I only know this because the punchline was replayed endlessly on Have I Got News For You in the mid 2000s to much hilarity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

TV gold

Ew no don't know who you share your shaft with mate but it was definitely split or steal 

Love it! She’s a cold blooded killer! “Promise me you’ll split, please promise me”. Art. 

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Wouldn't you steal as a default on Golden Balls? Obviously some Oscar worthy acting in the build up, but if someone's at the prospect of stealing the whole thing from you I'd rather we both go home with nothing than just myself.

Well, breaking it down (and someone correct me if I'm getting the format wrong here):

If you choose to steal, you either win all or none of the pot depending on what the other player picks.

If you choose to split, you either win half or none of the pot depending on what the other player picks.

From that, yeah, picking "steal" is obviously the +EV (better play) unless you're more than 2/3 sure that the other person is going to pick "split", which seems like a big ask. Of course, as you likely only get to play once psychology comes into it a lot more than game theory, but hey.

My 87 year old mother having to send off a photocopy or submit a downloaded photo online of evidence of Pension Credit to get her free TV licence. 

Just as well I’ve done it for her because WTF, over 75, on pension credit, photocopies or online forms! 

19 hours ago, Manini said:

Remember when CJ said he'd killed a man?! Eggheads went from 0 to tasty in 60 seconds let me tell you. Also loved the way he changed his surname to De Mooi which means "the beautiful one" in Dutch the bloody tart.

Kevin and Pat are outrageously dry quiz killing machines and the two to beat by far but Barry is the best Egghead, just seems to really enjoy himself and throws himself into it. 

That Lisa is the most 'rigid missionary with the lights off, yes we can play music but keep it radio 2 and keep it down, I'll just have what I always have actually, you aren't watching an 18 certificate' twats out there

• Like 2
  • Haha 2