Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 10/08/2020 at 15:34, bovril said:

**** this heat

Unbearable at the moment. The humidity and lack of any breeze is so debilitating. My crewmate and a couple of others had to do 35 mins of CPR yesterday in full PPE,

Procurement and Logistics | Yorkshire Ambulance Service 

Clearly that's not me, but that's what we wear. 

May have to do the same tomorrow, or any other day. Crippling in this heat. We now have a complete change of uniform in our lockers so we can shower and change out of sweat drenched clothing.

• Sad 1

On 11/08/2020 at 12:45, RonnieTodger said:

Football Twitter. Honestly what is the point? 

Not even mentioning the vile abuse that those freaks dish out, they actually devote their spare time to arguing about frauds, transfer fees and stuff that doesn't matter. 

I would disown any relative if I ever found out that they ran an account. Bunch of faceless virgins. 

This is coming from someone with over 5000 posts on a football forum.

They are proper weirdos. 

Come out with stuff like "ELITE LEVEL" :unsure:

The club hire (or at least, hired, not heard him for a while) a commentator, and he is, quite simply, appalling. On that "ten years of King Power" video he's bloody squawking over all the Gazprom goals ffs. One of those people who sounds like he's doing an impression of a radio presenter

NNNNYYLLESTER SYITAY YAR THERRRRROUGH TO THE QYAYTER FYOOOYNAOOOLSSSS

• Like 3

Daytime TV quiz shows...

Before you judge, I work from home and I'm looking after my poorly dog at the moment, so sod off...

Now where was I?

Oh yeah, why the need for those interminable jingles. flashing lights and crap graphics every few seconds?  

Migraine in a box.

Just now, murphy said:

Daytime TV quiz shows...

Before you judge, I work from home and I'm looking after my poorly dog at the moment, so sod off...

Now where was I?

Oh yeah, why the need for those interminable jingles. flashing lights and crap graphics every few seconds?  

Migraine in a box.

I hope you're not lobbing Tipping Point or Impossible in with this lot

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I will admit that there's something strangely compelling about the big tipping point slidey machine but Impossible?  That is exactly what I am talking about, the stupid flashing lights, the flat as a pancake host, the irritating computer generated voice thing that just keeps saying im-poss-ible...  :mad:

Deserves an especially toasty spot in hell!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Tipping Point is utter sh!t, as is that Tenable show with the little fella from Star Wars. 

The Chase is hands down the best daytime telly quiz.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Think the new Who Wants to be a Millionaire show revamp with Jeremy Clarkson at the helm is the best of the bunch.

Yeah, great show but not daytime.

My Dad was on Going For Gold once and he had bought me an horrendous shirt for my birthday that i promptly took back for a refund and when he went on TV he asked to borrow it so i had to bloomin' well buy it back again.  :(

As you were.

10 hours ago, murphy said:

Daytime TV quiz shows...

Now where was I?

Migraine in a box.

Settle in and watch a (classically overdramatic) documentary about a man who legitimately beat the daytime quiz system in the USA back in the 80's instead.