Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

21 hours ago, Livid said:

My Cousin sharing more right wing anti Muslim/immigrant/non WASP crap on Facebook and not being able to say anything because it’s family and it’s just not very British.  

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I have cousins who do this. If you Google their claims, you'll often find that "Fact Check" sites have investigated and fully or partially disproved such viral crap - so simply posting a link to the relevant "fact check" can be a good response.

It's quick and challenges their thinking while remaining polite and non-confrontational, avoiding possible family tensions.

Of course, some might take no notice or seek to argue regardless, but a lot of people posting this crap are just (a) venting/hating because they're frustrated with their own lives; or (b) unthinkingly sharing stuff others have shared with them to fit in.

Thinking about it......all of my 3 cousins that I can remember doing this have either ceased or reduced the frequency of this (or maybe they just send it to everyone except me - which is fine by me!).

Snopes and Dwight are your friends lol 

image.jpeg.58e7f92d7b5700b3835ec9b968286bed.jpeg

3 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I'm in the opposite situation, maybe because I work in the nhs. I dont look at it much, but if I do my fb is awash with a lot of left wing & anti-brexit posts, and I feel like I wouldn't be able to say anything against any of them without it damaging my image at work. I feel like a lot of them are just looking for a fight too, hoping someone gets annoyed by their posts celebrating taking in every last person who arrives in Kent in a dingy.

Oh lord I have those as well, pretty much every post is anti Boris or this government. I'm not the blokes biggest fan by any means but the constant sniping at his every move get's a bit much day after day. I do tend to mute them occasionally just to get them off my timeline.

Also got a friend in Scotland, lovely guy but the number of Scottish independence post's I see, give it a rest!

Despite my username on here i'm pretty much middle of the road I see good and bad in all sides, except premier league referee's they can all get.................. :D

• Like 1

Dentists still being emergency only. Snapped my front tooth in half over the weekend opening an ice pole, but apparently as its only uncomfortable, not painful, its cosmetic so gotta go round like this for god knows how long.

The way my wife and kids talk to Alexa is shocking. They treat her like their bitch, never say please or Thankyou and are generally rude and abusive to her.

Its a shocking display of bad manners and I find it really embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The way my wife and kids talk to Alexa is shocking. They treat her like their bitch, never say please or Thankyou and are generally rude and abusive to her.

is your name Alexa?

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Alexa completely ignores me on many occasions when I'm trying to get the Bob Harris Country Show on demand. She has no manners, no apology. Just silence and a red circle spinning round her. Alexa just doesn't understand me. I might go behind her back and seek comfort in another, more up to date and attractive smart-speaker.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Alexa has no feelings. Don't worry.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kopic said:

Dentists still being emergency only. Snapped my front tooth in half over the weekend opening an ice pole, but apparently as its only uncomfortable, not painful, its cosmetic so gotta go round like this for god knows how long.

Did they offer to do it privately? 

2 hours ago, stix said:

Did they offer to do it privately? 

No they just said they'd put me on a waiting list and contact me when they can do it. Tempted to hunt out somewhere private that will do it for me, as although it doesn't hurt it is causing me a bit of anxiety because it looks like absolute shit, going round looking like a meth head.

Got new next door neighbours and as nice as they are the guy drives a BMW F30 which, let me tell you, makes a LOVELY noise at 7:10am (including weekends) when it fires up and then proceeds to sit there for 3-4 mins before driving off.

In an area of houses close to each other I presume I'm not the only neighbour enjoying this new alarm.

Edited by Footballwipe

The disdain from big companies toward loyal customers - was with the AA for ages but they kept raising the price year on year, phoned them to see if they'd do something on the price otherwise I'd be inclined to move to Green Flag who were a fraction of the cost. AA wouldn't do a thing so I went with Green Flag - I'm now being bombarded with emails and letters offering really good deals to go back to the AA. My inclination was to stay with you in the first place, why not try and keep me as a customer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Football Twitter. Honestly what is the point? 

Not even mentioning the vile abuse that those freaks dish out, they actually devote their spare time to arguing about frauds, transfer fees and stuff that doesn't matter. 

I would disown any relative if I ever found out that they ran an account. Bunch of faceless virgins. 

This is coming from someone with over 5000 posts on a football forum.

Those are rookie numbers 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Silly 'news' articles like this.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/19-year-old-slammed-after-4417324

You can do better Leicester Mercury/LeicestershireLive..

They really can't do better, judging from what I've seen from them in recent years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

People saying “roll on winter” as if there’s no middle ground. Also known as Autumn.

**** that, can’t be arsed with snow and ice. 

I really don't understand those who complain about the glorious weather we've been having. 

We spend 80% of our lives on this miserable island submerged in f**king rainwater, FFS. I for one welcome a bit of sunshine.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

They really can't do better, judging from what I've seen from them in recent years.

It's quite sad how low-quality they are now.

Used to be very good around 10 years ago and before, when they had their own offices near Leicester Train Station.

9 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I really don't understand those who complain about the glorious weather we've been having. 

We spend 80% of our lives on this miserable island submerged in f**king rainwater, FFS. I for one welcome a bit of sunshine.

I'm sweating my balls off at work mate. If you enjoy this weather you're a sadist. Simple. :P