Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

'Pearson coming would be a catastrophe. He creates a drinking culture within a club and ours is bad enough allegedly. ot really about us but made me laugh. Just looking at the Sunderland forum to see who they want as their next boss.'

Just goes to show how little knowledge some football fans have. Just blind speculation based on nothing

The sweet irony is that there are rumours of them currently having a massive drinking culture already at the club. It was mentioned by the Secret Footballer who generally knows his onions when it comes to things like that.

Vardy will get found out by referees if he carries on getting in front of the defender and basically stopping so the defender has nowhere to go. It was almost exactly the same as the one he tried to get against Villa with Bacuna. 

Edited by RonnieTodger

Vardy will get found out by referees if he carries on getting in front of the defender and basically stopping so the defender has nowhere to go. It was almost exactly the same as the one he tried to get against Villa with Bacuna.

Both were fouls. He's too quick, any little clip sends him down

Vardy must be about 9 stone max whereas Bassong must be about 12. It's not going to take much to knock him over at pace.

For me, it's a clumsy tackle and Vardy was clever to get to the ball ahead of him.

Yes Vardy knew what he was doing, but that doesn't mean he wasn't fouled.

Edited by AKCJ

Vardy must be about 9 stone max whereas Bassong must be about 12. It's not going to take much to knock him over at pace.

For me, it's a clumsy tackle and Vardy was clever to get to the ball ahead of him.

Yes Vardy knew what he was doing, but that doesn't mean he wasn't fouled.

according to google vardy weighs more than bassong, don't know how that works

Both were fouls. He's too quick, any little clip sends him down

I just thought it was harsh. Technically it's not a dive so the referee probably had no choice but it's too soft. He throws himself on the floor given any chance but like I say, he'll get found out. Like Andy Johnson did at Palace. 

both defenders mentioned shouldn't of let vardy get in front of them.

according to google vardy weighs more than bassong, don't know how that works

Weighed down due to being soaked by the tears of his opposition as he tears them a new one again.

You'd be annoyed if the Bassong one was given against us. It's soft but not nearly as bad as when players leave their legs and get clipped as they 'try' to jump over a defender.

It's clever play by Vardy

Correct, there's a big, big difference between playing a certain way to get a foul, and cheating. If Vards for instance took the ball round Ruddy, and dived without being touched, that would be cheating and I'd be really disappointed with him. That's what Sterling, Young etc do week in week out. Getting your body between the defender and the ball, and waiting for them to clatter into you and going down as you're entitled to do, isn't cheating, it's just taking advantage of moronic defenders. 

• Like 1

Correct, there's a big, big difference between playing a certain way to get a foul, and cheating. If Vards for instance took the ball round Ruddy, and dived without being touched, that would be cheating and I'd be really disappointed with him. That's what Sterling, Young etc do week in week out. Getting your body between the defender and the ball, and waiting for them to clatter into you and going down as you're entitled to do, isn't cheating, it's just taking advantage of moronic defenders. 

He's brilliant at getting to the ball just before the defender which is why he wins so many pens. I would not have begrudged the ref not giving the pen against Bassong though. There is absolutely minimal contact and it shouldn't have been enough for him to go down. 

In real time though it looked like a stonewall penalty though which is why the ref would have given it.

From a Norwich point of view, I think they under-estimated us and thought they could beat us.. only to be in for a right shock.

The anger aimed at us and especially Vardy, is just out of frustration that we are a better side.

No just Norwich thans that thought that.

It was also 98% of Media pundits who though Norwich would turn us over.

Especially that fat scouse willy puller Quinn and that he-she Mingham

Have to disagree. We all know Vardy is rapid and uses that pace to get past not-so-bright defenders like Bassong every week. But he does need to slow down to get a shot off, and that's when he gets clattered. I might have slight blue tinted specs but he absolutely does not "basically stop".

Have to disagree. We all know Vardy is rapid and uses that pace to get past not-so-bright defenders like Bassong every week. But he does need to slow down to get a shot off, and that's when he gets clattered. I might have slight blue tinted specs but he absolutely does not "basically stop".

I disagree, I think it's his intention, more often than not, to draw a foul from the opponent rather than try and get a pass or shot away. Unless of course he has a clear shot, he's usually running away from goal or to the side of the goal though.

• Like 2

Yep. There is no way he should be penalised for being quick and clever when the defender is being clumsy and slow.

Bassong ran into the back of Vardy clipping his legs in the process. It's a penalty, absolutely no doubt about it.

• Like 1

Oh come on. There's no way he's intending on running forward to shoot. 

I disagree, I think it's his intention, more often than not, to draw a foul from the opponent rather than try and get a pass or shot away. Unless of course he has a clear shot, he's usually running away from goal or to the side of the goal though.

it's complete retardation from defenders most the time though. like you say at least half the pens he's won for us he's been running towards the dugout or the corner flag and some buffoon trips him up.

like I said I'm a million percent sure he's been denied more stonewallers than he has been given debatable decisions.

Oh come on. There's no way he's intending on running forward to shoot. 

So?

He's still fouled. He slows down just enough knowing the defender will clatter into him. It's a penalty.

You wouldn't see a good defender doing what Bassong did. He was clumsy and paid the price for it.

Come on, he could have taken it first time or even a quick touch when he got the ball but he went in with the intention to go down. Not that I am saying he is wrong to do so- it is within laws of the game and I have to admire Vardy's cunning to take advantage of Bassong, it was a pen but a soft one though. 

Vardy clearly plays for penalties. That doesn't mean they aren't penalties. People are stupid enough to run into the back of him and slide in and Vardy always knows how to position himself so that he's fouled by it.

Agree with scouse, the defenders have been falling for it for 2 years now, when are they going to learn?