Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

So?

He's still fouled. He slows down just enough knowing the defender will clatter into him. It's a penalty.

You wouldn't see a good defender doing what Bassong did. He was clumsy and paid the price for it.

Bassong hardly clattered into him and neither did Bacuna. It's a very soft one and whether it is or not, I just think refs will stop giving them to him if the same stuff happens each week. Do you think they'll see it as Vardy playing for it, or as the defenders being stupid? Most of the ones he got in the championship, he was actually taken out. 

Vardy clearly plays for penalties. That doesn't mean they aren't penalties. People are stupid enough to run into the back of him and slide in and Vardy always knows how to position himself so that he's fouled by it.

Agree with scouse, the defenders have been falling for it for 2 years now, when are they going to learn?

Can't see that at all. Most pens he gets are as a result of his speed and defenders being unable to handle it - and over the past year or so, I've seen several occasions when he's been taken out and not got anything for it (against Spurs away last season, for example). OK, the pen on Saturday was a bit soft, but it happens - Liverpool won one last season in almost exactly the same circumstances when Nugent didn't clear quickly enough.

Vardy wins pens for the same reason as Mahrez does - because he's too good for most defenders.

Have we really become that incompetent as a footballing nation that effectively shielding the ball in the area has become 'playing for penalties' or worse, 'cheating'? It's almost the first thing you are taught as a footballer.

No wonder we're shit.

• Like 1

The vardy incident is one of them where it's soft if it's given but if it's not you're screaming for a penalty.

I'm pretty confident we would dislike vardy too if he played for someone else. But he doesn't so who cares.

That's a good thing. You want other fans to dislike your better players- it means they do something well.

I probably wouldn't like him but I'd want him at my club.

Mourinho can do one, he's getting boring.

He's exactly acting like Pearson the period before he got the sack, under pressure and blames others (including other team's managers).

lol

Edited by Wymeswold fox

CQy0_ugWEAAF4Ud.jpg

And in the same article the tw@t moans about Fabio Capello bad mouthing him and how he prefers to concentrate on the positives of other managers. Hypocritical ****.

In other news Claudio agreed with mourinho about concentrating on positives and says that the Chelsea boss has nice hair.