Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Looking forward to the Tyneside derby, when the Toon trounce them somehow.

Advocaat was very wise in leaving, but I don't know how their performances under him have declined quite sharply - given their season survival finish last season.

Advocaat was very wise in leaving, but I don't know how their performances under him have declined quite sharply - given their season survival finish last season.

Dead cat bounce

Leicester fan 'at it 'again on ready to go.... lol

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/oh-how-times-have-changed-mr-gartside.1145937/

Dig at Bolton turns into a how big are my bollocks again .

To be fair, that thread (got bored on page 3) is the first time he comes off pretty well. Usually he's an arsehole amongst helmets. The posters on there really have no idea, but they're not representative of most Sunderland fans, who I have always found to be essentially sound, realistic football people (unlike the Mags).

Unfortunately for them, you can only assume Sunderland will narrowly miss being the second worst team in the north east, and therefore league, this season. Anyone imagine they'll finish higher than 20th?

Who cares if Sunderland fans think they are a bigger club then us? We are better then them now and anyone who disagrees is either blind or stupid. 4-2 win in a dominating performance and 14 places above them in the league. We have money to blow and a better squad and manager who has managed some of the most prestigious clubs in the world. I'd take that over the argument that they won the Premier League over a hundred years ago any day. I'd bet there's not a single person alive who witnessed their last title win.

Lucky survival.

Fooking deluded bunch albeit funny.They scrape by each year and have the audacity to think that other clubs are like something they have trod in.Not for one minute do I think we are better but I'm not the one calling people tinpot or " they will be at their natural level,back in the Championship" they just make themselves look like kids and that's funny.

I know a few Sunderland supporters and they are really good blokes,I can 100% guarantee they are not on that forum reading that" up there own ass "forum.They are better than that.

Cambridge Fox, are you 'Leicester Fan'? You write in a similar way and 'Not for one minute do I think we are better but I'm not the one calling people tinpot' is a strange comment for someone to make who isn't involved in the argument...

I can't actually believe that people seriously think that anybody outside of a club's own supporter base would care about titles won before any of the club's current supporters were born.

Cambridge Fox, are you 'Leicester Fan'? You write in a similar way and 'Not for one minute do I think we are better but I'm not the one calling people tinpot' is a strange comment for someone to make who isn't involved in the argument...

No I'm not! I would never sign up to another teams forum.

must have been tired because I have just read my own post and do not understand it.What I was trying to say was.

Me ,CF,does not think we are streets ahead of Sunderland like they think they are streets ahead of us=unbiased CF.

However,The few Sunderland fans on there chirping thinking we are "tinpot" and " will soon find our level back in the Championship"" irrelevant team" " Derby and Forest are bigger" etc are either seriously deluded about there own plight or a WUM,I now think the latter.

Leicester Fan writes quite well with properly used punctuation,whereas I do not.Case closed.

Edited by cambridgefox

No I'm not! I would never sign up to another teams forum.

must have been tired because I have just read my own post and do not understand it.What I was trying to say was.

Me ,CF,does not think we are streets ahead of Sunderland like they think they are streets ahead of us=unbiased CF.

However,The few Sunderland fans on there chirping thinking we are "tinpot" and " will soon find our level back in the Championship"" irrelevant team" " Derby and Forest are bigger" etc are either seriously deluded about there own plight or a WUM,I now think the latter.

Leicester Fan writes quite well with properly used punctuation,whereas I do not.Case closed.

Haha - ok, thought I'd ask  :thumbup:

Edited by adam95581

I love the old history argument. Having not had our hands on titles or FA cups it's levelled at us a lot. Currently we seem to be in good shape though and, as that fan said, better to be more concerned with the future.

Last season is now our history, as this one will be next, just enjoy the ride. I think belittling any team is unwise and will bite you on the arse.

I can't actually believe that people seriously think that anybody outside of a club's own supporter base would care about titles won before any of the club's current supporters were born.

i couldnt even give a shit about titles won in my lifetime really. i care more about the here and now and right now we are great (shock) and sunderland are fu cking shit (shock) 

I've read the article and he doesn't say anything about us being contenders?

"It's that kind of league, anyone can win it now. Leicester are the most consistent.

:nigel:

We've won two in the last six years.

True, but we've not finished top 3 since the 20's in this division and never won it.

I think what he means is "in a league where Leicester(?!?!) are the most consistent team right now of course Man Utd have a chance, it's a joke right now".

That's how I read it. More of an insult than anything else lol